• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

does anyone have any info on the XC circuit? I want to do a XC race this year and i dont know any races. i was looking at the DOWNIEVILLE CLASSIC but that is way to intense for my first race. Any info would be great.

Last edited:
does anyone have any info on the XC circuit? I want to do a XC race this year and i dont know any races. i was looking at the DOWNIEVILLE CLASSIC but that is way to intense for my first race. Any info would be great.

Local series..http://www.svendurance.com/
I did a couple of their races last summer..
Fun, easy to get into.. Fun courses..Especially for beginners:thumbup
EDIT:Their first winter series race is this weekend unless the course is still soup, which it may very well be...:(

Last edited:
I've got a demo Commenical 4.2 on loan for a while to see if I want to commit to the sport. After doing an hour or so of industrial riding down at the train tracks I'm pretty stoked. I'm kinda disappointed by the forks though, the Rock Shock REBA seems pretty weak-sauce.

Last edited:
I've got a demo Commenical 4.2 on loan for a while to see if I want to commit to the sport. After doing an hour or so of industrial riding down at the train tracks I'm pretty stoked. I'm kinda disappointed by the forks though, the Rock Shock REBA seems pretty weak-sauce.

If you want to test that suspension out - without climbing to the top of a 1000 foot mountain - Irish Hills at the end of Madonna Road is a good ride.

http://mountainbikeslocounty.com/?cat=13

Thats a fat critter you got there :)

Dude, as nice of a bike as that is, comparatively to what we've been talking about that is not going to give you any kind of idea about approaching this sport as you were talking.

4 inch travel = spin hard go fast win race
6.7 inch travel = find rocks and jump off big $%!#

Not much common ground there. (correction, unless you're Ryan) :teeth

Uh... I'm from the surf culture and have no idea what "fat critter" means. Is it like "bunk" or "nug?"
As is "dude that's bunk, you're gonna suck hard" or, "dude, that's such a righteous nug, you're fully stoked."

And regarding 4" of travel, I kinda view this bike as a 7'0 fish, good in plenty of conditions and perfect for showing me whether I want to go big or small. And more importantly, it's a free loaner.

Last edited:
Back