• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Northstar this Friday+Saturday!

Will be riding solo, so say hi if you see a short asian guy on a yellow santa cruz bullit with yellow platform pedals :laughing

I heard Vista will be open :party

Will be riding solo, so say hi if you see a short asian guy on a yellow santa cruz bullit with yellow platform pedals :laughing

Short Asian guy needs to get off of the bullit and onto a Sunday :teeth

Hopefully I'll catch you on Saturday. I'll be with a bunch of newbs (to mountain biking AND N*) so I'll probably hang with them on the green trails most of the day.

Me and my buddy have been having a blast on our bikes. He ended up getting a Giant Brass SX also :laughing.

We're riding China Camp this saturday, seems like a good first time spot. Im a bit worried about the climbing tho. These bikes are mainly free ride and DH bikes, I love the fact that the bike only has 8 speeds, and the cranks look sick with only one gear upfront, but it comes at a terribly high price.

We went riding on some dirt/ gravel roads near my house and there were a few long climbs that basically destroyed us. Also, steep gravel climbs fucking suck!

Depending on how saturday goes, i might need to get rid that nice crank set i currently have :(

Vista will be open:party

We'll be there Fri-Sun...racing the ProGRT on Sunday:)

Depending on how saturday goes, i might need to get rid that nice crank set i currently have :(
I have cranks, New , Used, 2 ring, 3 ring, plenty of bash guards to replace the 3rd ring, 170mm 175mm, .... contact me. Better service than ebay and much cheaper than a bike shop :teeth

You, Harpo my friend, are making me cry :cry
Don't "cry," ....... BUY!!

I have cranks, New , Used, 2 ring, 3 ring, plenty of bash guards to replace the 3rd ring, 170mm 175mm, .... contact me. Better service than ebay and much cheaper than a bike shop :teeth

I was talking to some buddies and one suggested looking into just getting a smaller sprocket on the inside of my current one. Would probably require that i loose some of the pullies that are on the chain but I have to look into it. Ill def let you know :thumbup

I was talking to some buddies and one suggested looking into just getting a smaller sprocket on the inside of my current one. Would probably require that i loose some of the pullies that are on the chain but I have to look into it. Ill def let you know :thumbup
Dude, but then you loose top end ability.
Tuff decision. Unless you are on a DH bike and going "down the hill" all the time, ... a double sure is handy.

WANTED:

Direct mount stem for a Boxxer fork.
Clamp size 25.4

ANYONE???

That's what I mean, keep the 8 speeds in the rear and get a 2 speed up front. I just want to see if I can keep my current cranks and sprockets, just add one to the front.

you're absolutely right, Joe. I cut across and rode down the lower karpiel and I thought I was gonna die.

I was thinking of that IHSunday all the way down.
If you're gonna ride DH, ... you gotta have a DH bike. :thumbup
How much are the broken bones worth compared to the price of a cheaper bike that ain't the right bike for the job. :wtf

Back