• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

China camp was sick. Seemed like we went the opposite/less favorable direction at first but it was cool. The bikes handled the climb well and we had a good pace on the way back down. Had a leak in my rear tire so we had to call it quits earlyish.. Wish we would have found some jumps tho :/

Going riding for the first time in a few years sat morning.

Anybody suggest a mellow ride with lots of single track? My buudy mentioned a trail call " big trees" in Oakland?

Going riding for the first time in a few years sat morning.

Anybody suggest a mellow ride with lots of single track? My buudy mentioned a trail call " big trees" in Oakland?

That's one of like four legal singletrack trails in the east bay. All 1/2 mile of it.

If you want mellow singletrack, China Camp in San Rafael is probably the best bet.

That's one of like four legal singletrack trails in the east bay. All 1/2 mile of it.

If you want mellow singletrack, China Camp in San Rafael is probably the best bet.

Mike, you saying Big Trees isn't mellow? :teeth

Go to JMP and look at a trail map... or CLICK HERE

Hint: It's on the right side of the map.

You can park where all the trails come out on Skyline Blvd and take the trail on the right. It goes up, down and bit then up some more. You need to make a left at the restrooms... I think there's a sign. Then through some "big" trees and then down a nice rocky bit and it pops back out onto the Sequoia-Bayview trail. From there you can go left and back to your car to pass out or go right to either Cinderella or Chaparral for more "mellow" trail riding :rofl

It's a very short trail, as are Cinderella and Chaparral, so most people do multiple loops. If you check on RideSFO.com's forums, you might be able to hook up with someone that's going out there. Enjoy!!

Last edited:
My buddy is always talking about Cinderella. He told me to start out with big trees.

He is going to northstar today with RideSfo. I was going to go and stay on the easy trails but figured I should get some riding time in first.

My buddy is always talking about Cinderella. He told me to start out with big trees.

He is going to northstar today with RideSfo. I was going to go and stay on the easy trails but figured I should get some riding time in first.
DO not go to N* without a big travel bike.

Not everyone falls apart when the wind gusts. Maybe he has too many unbroken bones or untorn ligaments. Don't discourage him! :twofinger
You misunderstood, I wasn't trying to discourage, ... I was trying to help keep bones/ligaments intact. :teeth . . . :twofinger :twofinger

Yep I am with Harpo

I have ridden a hardtail there back in the day, you can do it but will enjoy a FS bike better with lots of travel

Ha, already broke my arm once and tore my ACL.

Thats why in going to stick more with XC stuff and smooth single track.

The lower half of the mountain is not bad?

N* Monday!!!!!!!

Can you get some video of Sticks and Stones if possible?

Ha, already broke my arm once and tore my ACL.

Thats why in going to stick more with XC stuff and smooth single track.

The lower half of the mountain is not bad?
You can have some fun on the lower Mtn.. You can also do Live Wire on a hardtail and have fun.
It's basically a long downhill BMX track with some rocks and potholes thrown in for character.
When I first started MTB I thought the same thing.(sticking to XC) I now ride my Freeride bike as much if not more than my trail bike.:party

Can you get some video of Sticks and Stones if possible?

i got footage of sticks and stones already..

i wont be able to on monday, they close the vista lift on monday.

DO not go to N* without a big travel bike.

i just completely shredded every trail at N* on my wildcard which had 160mm fork up front and 5" travel in the back.
it's a lot more ... lively. definately not as easy if ya had more travel, but i had a blast and it was mangeable.. just had to go fast and avoid big rocks :p

Back