• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

i just completely shredded every trail at N* on my wildcard which had 160mm fork up front and 5" travel in the back.
it's a lot more ... lively. definately not as easy if ya had more travel, but i had a blast and it was mangeable.. just had to go fast and avoid big rocks :p

Some of the best lines are big rocks! (wheresmygoddamforkalready) :mad

You can't find any on YouTube already?

I haven't found any that was really watchable..There are alot of Boondocks, Gypsy, Livewire(of course), but all I've found for Sticks and Stones is shitty.:jaded

I haven't found any that was really watchable..There are alot of Boondocks, Gypsy, Livewire(of course), but all I've found for Sticks and Stones is shitty.:jaded
For some reason I thought Grant had posted a good one last year. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Yeah, I thought he did Stick & Stones too. You gonna do one Roxy? No use in me doing one... no one wants to see me walking down it :laughing

I'll bring my GoPro and try to get some footage -- just hoping "camera courage" won't get me in trouble:party

:rofl

I'll bring my GoPro and try to get some footage -- just hoping "camera courage" won't get me in trouble:party

:rofl

I just want to see what the trail looks like before I commit to trying a race on it with my bike setup the way it is so please, no injuries for someting like that.
:thumbup

i'll send you some footage, it kinda sucks though cause it was our first time going down and my friends crash in it haha. but you can see the trail.
i went down it on my 6" travel bike front/rear.. no problems.

didnt feel like editing a lot so just some raw clips... haulin some azz on live wire, part of the trail was shut down and was being upgraded so there is a lil detour.

[youtube]rvweQY0srEU[/youtube]

interesting place for the camera, I'm surprised that the lens didn't get thrashed with rocks.

Of course it's going to look fast, the closer you are to the ground the faster it looks :)

Maybe everybody else already uses them, but I just bought a Park Tool "Cyclone" chain cleaner gizmo and it works great, I'm really happy with it...

Of course it's going to look fast, the closer you are to the ground the faster it looks :)

Um, no....he is railin down that trail. I know from experience that in order to clear the doubles, stepdowns, etc. on Livewire, you have to be going fast. He's hitting and clearing everything in the vid.

Kurt, good to see ya yesterday. Dog Bone is pretty gnar huh?

Um, no....he is railin down that trail. I know from experience that in order to clear the doubles, stepdowns, etc. on Livewire, you have to be going fast. He's hitting and clearing everything in the vid.

Kurt, good to see ya yesterday. Dog Bone is pretty gnar huh?

:ride:ride:party

Thanks, I try to haul when I can.

I wanted to ride with you yesterday when ya came up and said I look tired, but indeed I was soo tired. I tried to do one more run after that Dog Bone experience, and I went down Boondocks with two cramped quads the entire time even when I wasn't pedaling haha. I had to stop half way down to stretch out.

You are a savage animal doing 3 days in a row!! Shit I do need to ride with you to get my conditioning up to par, I thought I was in great shape.

But yes, Dog Bone is by far the hardest trail on the mountain. Super rock garden and tech parts... so much fun though. I'm super happy that I was able to shred all day yesterday and not have any serious crashes.. just some minor washouts that I stood right back up from. Damn moon dust.

Plus having a 5" travel bike and doing the gnarly shit is always fun :D Anyone who says you need a 8" bike to do N*... come take a ride with me and I'll show you it's not necessary in order to rip down the gnarly steeps, rock gardens, and drops!!

I'm gonna be up at N* again this upcoming weekend, and I want to goto the SNS race sooo bad... maybe you can take me? haha! Otherwise I'll find a way to get there. I did another SNS run J-& others... I'll edit it up and post it on YouTube and repost it here later.

And btw... 2011 FOX 36 Vanilla RC2 180mm.... BOW THE F' DOWN!!! Wow, this fork kills my Lyrik, Totem, and Boxxer team in terms of damping performance and feel. I'm a converted FOX fork groupie now.

I'm uploading a "fork action" cam right now to YouTube, I'll post it here in an hour or so.

[youtube]4P5nZPQU94I[/youtube]

love this fork!! 2011 fox vanilla rc2 180mm.

Niiice!:thumbup
Fork is sweet:cool
Gonna' be up there the weekend of the race for sure..
Hope to see ya'll there.:party

:ride:ride:party

Thanks, I try to haul when I can.

I wanted to ride with you yesterday when ya came up and said I look tired, but indeed I was soo tired. I tried to do one more run after that Dog Bone experience, and I went down Boondocks with two cramped quads the entire time even when I wasn't pedaling haha. I had to stop half way down to stretch out.

You are a savage animal doing 3 days in a row!! Shit I do need to ride with you to get my conditioning up to par, I thought I was in great shape.

But yes, Dog Bone is by far the hardest trail on the mountain. Super rock garden and tech parts... so much fun though. I'm super happy that I was able to shred all day yesterday and not have any serious crashes.. just some minor washouts that I stood right back up from. Damn moon dust.

Plus having a 5" travel bike and doing the gnarly shit is always fun :D Anyone who says you need a 8" bike to do N*... come take a ride with me and I'll show you it's not necessary in order to rip down the gnarly steeps, rock gardens, and drops!!

I'm gonna be up at N* again this upcoming weekend, and I want to goto the SNS race sooo bad... maybe you can take me? haha! Otherwise I'll find a way to get there. I did another SNS run J-& others... I'll edit it up and post it on YouTube and repost it here later.

And btw... 2011 FOX 36 Vanilla RC2 180mm.... BOW THE F' DOWN!!! Wow, this fork kills my Lyrik, Totem, and Boxxer team in terms of damping performance and feel. I'm a converted FOX fork groupie now.

I'm uploading a "fork action" cam right now to YouTube, I'll post it here in an hour or so.

I hammered on Friday, so I was pretty tired by Saturday, and just about done by 230 on Sunday.

Dog Bone is pretty gnar, I was able to clear the "Gatekeeper" for the first time.:party

Did you ride the "Waterfall" on Karpiel?

I'll be back in a couple of weeks for the SNS race. There's a big group of us that will be racing.

Niiice!:thumbup
Fork is sweet:cool
Gonna' be up there the weekend of the race for sure..
Hope to see ya'll there.:party

J-, I tried to get a video of SNS yesterday but didn't realize it was in photo mode.....GoPro FAIL!:thumbdown

See ya on race weekend!:)

Last edited:
N* was pretty fun, we hit pretty much everything there was to hit. Video soon.

northstarpho1.jpg

Back