• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

More BMX than MTB, but there's no thread for that :teeth

Recommendation for a decent bike for a kid to get started with? My oldest has gone to the bmx track a few times on his little toys-r-us schwinn but I'd like to look at something a little better quality.

Headed to Crankworx Colorado sat , got some demo bikes waiting for me too. Happened to be headed there for some work but I booked a day early to play. Should be fun times :D

More BMX than MTB, but there's no thread for that :teeth

Recommendation for a decent bike for a kid to get started with? My oldest has gone to the bmx track a few times on his little toys-r-us schwinn but I'd like to look at something a little better quality.

http://www.calabazas.com/
They're in the South Bay, so not sure if you really want to check it out.

Race next weekend -- Karpiel to Dog Bone :party

i'm ditchin out on my 1 year wedding anniversary to go race .. lol. probably end up sleepin on the couch for the first time in a year.

woot. i thought it was karpiel to sticks n stones for cat2 tho?

i'm ditchin out on my 1 year wedding anniversary to go race .. lol. probably end up sleepin on the couch for the first time in a year.

woot. i thought it was karpiel to sticks n stones for cat2 tho?

Oh boy...no lovin' for you for a looooong time....:rofl

I'm racing the Open class:)

You've done Fabio Falls, so you're all set:party

Last edited:
Anyone need a burly rear DH wheel? Just built this guy up and i'm thinking its a little more beefcake than I need. (im not that hard on wheels surprisingly) Pretty sure it would survive a drop into the grand canyon. :laughing

Transition Revolution 36
DT Swiss Champion Spokes \ Nips
Quando TX 150mm hub

Attachments

• wheeeel1.jpg
    wheeeel1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 78
  • wheeeel2.jpg
    wheeeel2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 75
So me and my friend decided to make a ramp cuz we were bored after work... No I didn't eat shit, but something broke. Where the fuck can I get one of these?
084700aa.jpg

Just picked up a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR very cheap. Mostly XTR. Guy rode it once went down hard a never rode again. Did have a small dent in the headtube. but, for 300. I think I did good.

might part it out. buddy has a titus frame I might swap the part on too.

would you trust a bike with a small dent in the headtube?

Just picked up a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR very cheap. Mostly XTR. Guy rode it once went down hard a never rode again. Did have a small dent in the headtube. but, for 300. I think I did good.

might part it out. buddy has a titus frame I might swap the part on too.

would you trust a bike with a small dent in the headtube?
Lets see a pic.

the dent is from one of the cables getting pinched between the head tube and the ground. Its only a few MM deep in the shape of a cable. its not near the headset. more in the middle. where the head tube meets the top tube.

the dent is from one of the cables getting pinched between the head tube and the ground. Its only a few MM deep in the shape of a cable. its not near the headset. more in the middle. where the head tube meets the top tube.
Are you the only human left on the planet that does not have the ability to take and post a photo in less than 30 seconds, ...... Ok, a minute.:wtf :laughing

Ha,

I touched it up with some paint, does not even show up with my crappy cell phone camera.

Im just gonna ride it. Plan on swaping parts soon anyway. Wheels alone were worth what I paid for it.

need a set of hydro brakes.

Marzocchi 888 for Sale

I just bought a Boxxer WC, so I'm selling my 888 RC
The fork currently has light (red) springs and I also have the stock (medium) springs.
Replaced the high rise top crown with a flat crown from Risse (worth $150) -- http://www.risseracing.com/product_accessories.shtml#888
Stanchions are clean, no gouges or scratches.
Minor rub marks where cable meets the lowers.
Small scuffs on the lowers from normal wear and tear.
Steer tube: The one currently on the bike is 6 3/4 inches, I also have another one that is UNCUT from Risse that can easily be installed.

Features:
Spring preload
Rebound
Compression

Asking price $400 OBO

888RC.jpg

Last edited:
Ha,

I touched it up with some paint, does not even show up with my crappy cell phone camera.

Im just gonna ride it. Plan on swaping parts soon anyway. Wheels alone were worth what I paid for it.

need a set of hydro brakes.
I've got brakes and probably any other parts you may need. See PM

2008 Giant Glory DH Bike FOR SALE!!!!

Size Small

Normal scuffs but overall in excellent condition. Mechanically perfect!!!
The plushest smoothest DH bike I've ever ridden.

***Bars, grips, cranks (and BB), rear derailleur, shifter, chain, fork overhall (complete), tires,.......All have JUST 5 days on them. (used by Roxy at N*)***

Frame - 8.8 inches travel, normal scuffs, bearings/pivots are smooth and tight
Rock Shox Boxxerr Team (minor scuffs/stanchions SPOTLESS)
Fox DHX 5 Coil
Race Face Evolve DH (170mm) / GXP BB
e-13 chain guide w/taco
XT Casette
Sram 971 chain
X9 SS derailleur
XO shifter
Code brakes
Easton Carbon DH bars
Thompson seat post
Yeti lock-on grips
SDG seat (small tears)
WHEELS - Stan's FR rims HAND BUILT on WTB Superduty Hubs
Tires - Fr. IRC Tamashi ProSpec DH 2.7 / Rr. Nokian NBX 2.5 (Possibly the best NorthStar tire combo I've ever ridden)

$1900

See full pix at this link.
http://photobucket.com/2008_giant_glory_dh_small

Attachments

• IMG_2492.JPG
    IMG_2492.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2507.JPG
    IMG_2507.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2510.JPG
    IMG_2510.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Back from Crankworx Colorado t'was good times. Winterpark is a pretty badass place to ride. Got to ride a couple demo bikes , Kona Stab supreme (too heavy) , Cove STD (badass!) , Haro steel reserve (crappy geo). Got a decent sunburn and some bruises but overall awesome :D

Back