• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

U R hosed....:(

you'll get better info from the LEO forum...

edit: if it helps with tix cost I am looking for a Fox F29 Terralogic (9mm or 15QR) 100mm....got any of those laying around for a deal?

Pretty much out of the bike business. No forks or big stuff.

did they ask you to submit your CA drivers license and turn yourself in? If they didnt send you an actual ticket you do not have to respond. google snitch ticket and see if it applies. Its been on the news a bunch lately as well.

WHAT?! Where will I go for parts when I get home in August?! :wtf

I've still got a few goodies left. Let me know before you go elsewhere.
Hey, know anyone that needs an almost brand new rear DT Swiss 440 FR/DH hub?
32 spoke, 15mm thru axel, 150mm

Just got a ticket in the mail for running a red light in Oakland, caught on camera. :(

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO BEAT THESE THINGS???

Did u get nailed that new one on the mcarthur exit? :|

Did u get nailed that new one on the mcarthur exit? :|
Oakland, intersection of 35th St. crossing Market onto the east bound ramp onto 580 (McAurthur) :(
Is that where you mean?

Last edited:
Oakland, intersection of 35th St. crossing Market onto the east bound ramp onto 580 (McAurthur) :(
Is that where you mean?

Ah yes , people like to come hauling ass through there. They also put on on the westbound Mcarthur exit where it crosses Oakland ave.

Last time I was at the oakland traffic court they would make people claim guilty / not just before putting pictures of them in the act up on a bigass projection screen. The excuses are awesome :rofl

Ah yes , people like to come hauling ass through there. They also put on on the westbound Mcarthur exit where it crosses Oakland ave.

Last time I was at the oakland traffic court they would make people claim guilty / not just before putting pictures of them in the act up on a bigass projection screen. The excuses are awesome :rofl
:( :cry :cry

Hey guys, trying to get into some trail riding. If anyone here is willing to show me the ropes/where to ride around the san jose/Santa Cruz area I'd appreciate it. I live in san jose downtown. Don't really have a clue where to start. Thanks yall.

Hey guys, trying to get into some trail riding. If anyone here is willing to show me the ropes/where to ride around the san jose/Santa Cruz area I'd appreciate it. I live in san jose downtown. Don't really have a clue where to start. Thanks yall.

i'm gonna guess your fairly new to MTB'ing and would like a few hills and some beginner tech:
Saratoga Gap
Fremont Older

for super beginner:
Quicksilver

For super hardcore:
Henry Coe

when ya get better tech wise (or maybe you are better already) hit up some trails in Santa Cruz:
Demo
Wilder

if we ride together I can show your the secret sauce in SC a mile from my front door....

do some searching on MTBR.com in the norcal forums for better info about each of these trail systems..

HAVE FUN!...but be warned...you will suck for a while...that's OK..

i'm gonna guess your fairly new to MTB'ing and would like a few hills and some beginner tech:
Saratoga Gap
Fremont Older

for super beginner:
Quicksilver

For super hardcore:
Henry Coe

when ya get better tech wise (or maybe you are better already) hit up some trails in Santa Cruz:
Demo
Wilder

if we ride together I can show your the secret sauce in SC a mile from my front door....

do some searching on MTBR.com in the norcal forums for better info about each of these trail systems..

HAVE FUN!...but be warned...you will suck for a while...that's OK..

I sure will check it out, and look up those trails. If by tech you mean a decent mtb, I picked up a nice cannondale I'd like to get dirty. Let me know if you go one of these days and have room for one more.

Thanks a lot.

I sure will check it out, and look up those trails. If by tech you mean a decent mtb, I picked up a nice cannondale I'd like to get dirty. Let me know if you go one of these days and have room for one more.

Thanks a lot.

:laughing

by tech i meant skills...not bike....

i ride a POS rigid SS...but i am have decent skillz...yo

i'll let ya know when i have time - it's fun to ride with new people...

:laughing

by tech i meant skills...not bike....

i ride a POS rigid SS...but i am have decent skillz...yo

i'll let ya know when i have time - it's fun to ride with new people...

Ahhh technique, thought you meant technology hahaha. Sounds good.

Attachments

• too_much_snow.jpg
    too_much_snow.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 64
**VERY SERIOUS**
ADVICE/INSTRUCTION NEEDED

Ok, this goes out to all you crazy @ss (skilled) FR and DH riders that ride on flat pedals.

I need some serious instruction!!
I know how to ride - No instruction needed!!!
I know how to jump - No instruction needed!!!

However, I have always ridden clipped in. Due to a knee injury I'm gonna have to figure out how to ride flats. Here is where I could use some serious help figuring things out.

I DON't know how to ride/JUMP flats - INSTRUCTION NEEDED!!!

Whenever I jump with flats I always find myself unintentionally floating somewhere above the bike which generally makes the landing somewhat of an awkward situation.:(:shocker (and or crap filled shorts)
So what do I need to practice to be able to hit the bigger lips (ie. some of the big lips on Live Wire) and stay on the pedals and keep control of the bike??? :wtfx10

Oh, and I just got a set of 5.10 Impact shoes (with the really sticky soles) and Welgo MG-1 pedals.

Any instruction would be appreciated. Please be serious. I know how to rail, I just don't know how to do it without being clipped in.
Thanx.............

Last edited:
Back