• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Yo Kim, what year is your bike? I work at FOX shox, and I looked up your bike but what I have on file is for 2009/2010 gt xcr5000 and they take a 7.5x2.00 shock. If you want a new fork, I recommend getting a longer fork, like 120mm or 140mm and space it down to whatever length you need. Therefore, if you ever get a new frame down the road that needs a longer fork, you will already have one.

Rode the Lake Chabot bike loop from my house today. Like a 16 mile ride. Bike is getting very close to being dialed in. Headset was giving me some problems.

I have no new PM. :dunno

Yea, that's because I'm an idiot. :wtf I accidentally sent it to d_le337 instead. Duuuuhhh.

I resent it to you. If it doesn't come through this time let me know.

I have a Fox shock that should be infinitely better than the one in your bike and I can put it in for you and get it set up properly so long as we get the right hardware to make it fit your bike. (if the rear shock on your bike now is a Fox, hopefully the existing hardware will work in the new shock :teeth )

Is the trail on mount hamilton even worth going to? I can't find info on it online but its the one with the parking lot.

Mmm nevermind, found some info on it.

Last edited:
Avid BB7 Brakes

I have a complete set front and rear of Avid BB7 Brakes, Calipers, G2 disks (160mm) and Avid Speed Dial levers all mounting brackets and hardware. If you're lucky the cables might even fit but don't count on that.
They function perfectly but have some scuffs as they came off my DJ bike.

Sorry, no pix yet but if anyone is interested I'll snap a few.

$50 for the whole shabang. :teeth

Nice. cool place to work?

It's cool. Definitely pays the bills. The perks are cool. Discounts on anything in the recreational industry, including sports like kayaking, hiking, moto, kites...

Back