• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

It would have been a lot less painless if you just let me cut off an arm or something and it might even be worth more than 6 pounds :rofl

:wtf Huh?? What?? :wtf

There's a period all by itself after each and everyone of your posts

circled below :)

:confused

Attachments

• Harpo Dot.jpg
    Harpo Dot.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
NEED A CHAIN

Does anyone have a Sram PC-971 chain???
I need one. :)

God damn I hate Mission Peak... no other place to ride really because of the rain, so I went there. On the descent, I fucked up and went too fast on a long fireroad section. The rain dries up so fast up there, the gravel was like sand

I felt the bike start to glide, tried to brake a little, but I was done... went down hard and now my arm is all jacked up. Running back down to the parking lot since I was still way up sucked... and then sitting in the waiting room at the Hospital's "emergency" ward for almost an hour, dripping blood everywhere sucked too

my fault though, should've known how little traction there is on those stupid fireroads

I know I havent posted in a while in this thread but today is the 3 year memorial of Mark Reynolds death at the SOC. If anybody knew Mark or rode with him, please feel free to share memories or stories via reply or pm, and i can get them to his family. It wrenches at my heart when this time of year comes around. He was an amazing man and lived life to the fullest. RIP Bro and know we still miss you like hell! BEST RIDE EVER! :Port

God damn I hate Mission Peak... no other place to ride really because of the rain, so I went there. On the descent, I fucked up and went too fast on a long fireroad section. The rain dries up so fast up there, the gravel was like sand

I felt the bike start to glide, tried to brake a little, but I was done... went down hard and now my arm is all jacked up. Running back down to the parking lot since I was still way up sucked... and then sitting in the waiting room at the Hospital's "emergency" ward for almost an hour, dripping blood everywhere sucked too

my fault though, should've known how little traction there is on those stupid fireroads
One word, "PADS,"

Such is mtnbiking, sorry for your loss of blood. :teeth I too spent over an hour in the ER after scraping all the skin off both arms and the side of my face. The staff was overwhelmed due to a lady(?) having a nervous breakdown who was screaming in their ears constantly. Oh well, I asked for the "brush", opened the sterile package with the brush soaking in iodine solution (2" long teeth, about 100 of 'em) and started scrubbing my own wounds as I could see the wait was going to continue.

As for sand, come on down to Fort Ord and enjoy it year 'round! Or for a real long fast decent, do the Flume trail at Tahoe in the northerly direction, what a great downhill, I'll see if I can find my video of it.

My last 4 years of mtnbiking has made me a better biker :ride on the pavement because I no longer fear sliding the tires around or going through a bit of sand/dirt on hiway 9 or 84. :)

God damn I hate Mission Peak... no other place to ride really because of the rain, so I went there.

This is when my mountain bikes go on the shelf, and the road bike comes out.

One word, "PADS,"

Add two more words. "MORE BRAKES."

:)

As for sand, come on down to Fort Ord and enjoy it year 'round! Or for a real long fast decent, do the Flume trail at Tahoe in the northerly direction, what a great downhill, I'll see if I can find my video of it.

Downieville > Flume

Mr Toad's Wild Ride > *

[youtube]4QfMGsWKsnk[/youtube]

I would be interested to practice moutain bike here !
I come from France and I already practiced it a little bit and I imagine that there should be a lot of spots in California to do that fun sport !
Is this topic still alive ? Is there still outing organizations ? I'm base at Berkeley and I would need to need a bike and this appropriate gear !
Please let me know about all of that.

This is when my mountain bikes go on the shelf, and the road bike comes out.

Add two more words. "MORE BRAKES."

:)

Downieville > Flume

Mr Toad's Wild Ride > *

Rider needs to discover remote dropping seat posts , would probably change his life. (unless he likes it in the ass?)

the new xfusion seat posts that have the inner shock to go up and down are badd ass! check em out!

the new xfusion seat posts that have the inner shock to go up and down are badd ass! check em out!

I have one , it's legit.

What makes that one any different than the other 20 posts on the market?

It's better quality from what i've seen. No wiggle , adjustable pressure , comes with both remote button and lever. Xfusion makes good stuff these days.

I got a Kind i950-r for my FS and was so happy with it I got a 2nd one for the SS. There's no wiggle at all in the thing. Been using the 1st one for over a year and it has never failed in any way, the 2nd one has been just as reliable. Not only that, I broke a piece on the remote, sent an email to the rep in OC to buy a new piece and he mailed me a replacement free. Apparently many people have had this kind of positive experience with him. Rick is at 949-742-1180. The KS comes in 30.9 and 31.6 with 5" of travel and their new one in 27.2 but has 4" travel. All allow infinite height adjustment unlike the Gravity Dropper which is 2 positions only. The GD has no seals or hydraulics so it's simpler mechanically.

As far as a post with a lever and a remote, I would never use a lever, it's impractical unless you're doing freerides I would think.

Would like to see a comparison with the KS and xFusion though.

Last edited:
I got a Kind i950-r for my FS... (snipped)
Have you seen the new KS posts? Dropzone & Supernatural have replaced the 900/950's. (http://kssuspension.com/posts.html). I saw KS at the Sea Otter and picked up one of the new ones at a good price.

KS was also showing a few proto items. A 6" drop post and a post with the actuation cable attached to the lower portion, instead of the moving upper portion. Good to see them continuing to improve the product line.

I missed the Xfusion seatpost. I'll have to check that out.

I cleared the Sissy SixPack at Pleasanton!

On my 5th day there, I finally cleared the first six pack. :ride
Felt like a super hero for a little while.
Until I saw a little girl do it 5 minutes later. I think she was on a "my little pony" bike :p

Hey guy's I'm looking at buying a new bike but the shop wont ship it for me to alaska. I have to have someone come down and take it to UPS and send it up here. the shops in SF on Folsom, Roxy? you ever down town? Harp?

Hey guy's I'm looking at buying a new bike but the shop wont ship it for me to alaska. I have to have someone come down and take it to UPS and send it up here. the shops in SF on Folsom, Roxy? you ever down town? Harp?

What's the shop name? I work downtown sometimes. If everything is paid for and all I have to do is pick it up and ship it, I'm down to help out a fellow Barfer

Back