• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Oh, and I just got a set of 5.10 Impact shoes (with the really sticky soles) and Welgo MG-1 pedals.

This right here will solve alot of problems. Its like glue on your pedals. I remember those pins going so deep that I couldnt reset my footing mid run! :rofl

It will take a few days, but after you get settled in... its game on. The only real difference is that you cannot pull up with your feet. Thats why you are feeling that "floating" feeling.

I need to learn how to jump...period:cry

3LRyA.jpg

Finally got a chance to get out on the old nomad one last time before I build the new one. Haven't been mtn riding in like two months! Friggin' homework and studying devours any and all time!

Here's a quick snippet...

Also, Harpo, some to SC and we can do some jumping.

Finally got a chance to get out on the old nomad one last time before I build the new one. Haven't been mtn riding in like two months! Friggin' homework and studying devours any and all time!

Here's a quick snippet...

Also, Harpo, some to SC and we can do some jumping.
Nice :thumbup
I only Jump on the M6. For some reason, when I try to play like that on the Nomad I usually (sooner or later) end up as part of the landscape :shocker :cry

I just got a GT XCR 5000 for 120$....hoping thats a pretty good deal :laughing

So is there anyway to change the suspension so the front isnt so squishy? Im new to all of this so bear with me. The bike is not set up for me. Wasnt even properly set up for the previous owner which is why she got rid of it. And i figured for 120$ what the hell.

120. sounds like a very good deal. they got good reviews when they came out.

what fork it on it?

fork says SR suntour. :dunno

seriously it feels like im trying to ride the bike with flat tires. :|

junk

you can get a brand new low end fork on pricepoint for 85.

it will be much better than a 10 year old suntour.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/18...RockShox-Dart-2-Fork-Post-Black-80mm-2010.htm

Ditto!! Junk

It really is hard to justify how much mtn bike stuff costs, but when you reach a certain level of riding and you can actually understand the difference between junk, medium and awesome equipment, you really are glad you spent the money. It really adds to fun, excitement, and/or efficiency of the sport.

Congrats, you can identify Junk. :teeth

junk

you can get a brand new low end fork on pricepoint for 85.

it will be much better than a 10 year old suntour.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/18...RockShox-Dart-2-Fork-Post-Black-80mm-2010.htm

Ditto!! Junk

It really is hard to justify how much mtn bike stuff costs, but when you reach a certain level of riding and you can actually understand the difference between junk, medium and awesome equipment, you really are glad you spent the money. It really adds to fun, excitement, and/or efficiency of the sport.

Congrats, you can identify Junk. :teeth

and that model will fit my bike? and what about the rear shock? can i get something alil firmer/stiffer? the one on there is an RST 22.

just starting out so not trying to break the bank but would like it to be ALIL more comfy. Right off the bat it was way to hard to go up even a tiny hill. I dont want so much boingy :laughing

Last edited:
I'm doing a ride Saturday Morning, @ 7:30, if anyone wants to go. We'll start at my place, right next to Henry Cowells, ride down to u-con then up to UCSC, down magic carpet then back up. Might hit up Z's trail before that. It's about 15-17 miles and about 2000 feet total climb. LMK

and that model will fit my bike? and what about the rear shock? can i get something alil firmer/stiffer? the one on there is an RST 22.

just starting out so not trying to break the bank but would like it to be ALIL more comfy. Right off the bat it was way to hard to go up even a tiny hill. I dont want so much boingy :laughing
Kim, have somebody that knows mtn bikes give you a hand. For the front fork you need to know the stroke length only. It's either 3 or 4 inches (80-100mm) You probably want to match that # when looking or a new fork.
As for the rear shock, the first thing you want to do is get measurements for the "eye to eye" (center to center) and also the stroke. If you get those measurements we can more knowledgeably point you in a direction for some better suspension.

Last edited:
Back