• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

0 Fox rear shox are teh suck. Especially the DHXAir.

Last edited:
I didnt know Butch rode mountain bikes?!

Butch, if you ever come back to the MTB forum... Names Grant. Went to Hawthrone, skinny blonde kid who looked like he was 14 years old. Yup, thats me.

I didnt know Butch rode mountain bikes?!

Butch, if you ever come back to the MTB forum... Names Grant. Went to Hawthorne, skinny blonde kid who looked like he was 14 years old. Yup, that's me.

My first mtn bike was a 1983 mt Fuji, so yeah, I've been mtn biking for a while.

The Sierra Vista trial opening (5.3 miles) at the top of Sierra on Saturday at noon is gonna be cool. Limited parking, so they will have shuttles. To give me a 1400 vertical head start.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...i-Zm3IX4SnVRFf3FFdVzUlxuTHo04ub-CkkPnFLvdOqt3

I have this work thing interfering with play, tho today i hope to ride the KTM, tomorrow mtn bike, sat mtn bike, and Sunday dirtbike again... The R6 might be getting lonely.

This is my all mountain bike that I built back in 2006. The only thing different now is shorter Sunline V1 stem.

Attachments

• Photo0038.jpg
    Photo0038.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I use to know a guy by the name of Eric that rode (and broke) many of those older Marin SP frames. He swore by them. One of the fastest riders I have ever ridden with.

XC/AM?Trail Fork Needed

I need a 140 or 150mm air fork in good condition. MUST have a 20mm thru-axle. (Yea, I know, that narrows it down to slim pickin's) Don't care if it's travel-adjustable or static but must be 140-150mm with a 20MM thru-axle.

Shout at me if you have anything.

Not sure if it's been posted in here, but there is an order for custom cycling gear, including downhill/Freeride jerseys, going on in racers corner. We need a couple more orders to reach the minimum, so if any of you's are interested, here is the link to the thread with the order link:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355962&page=13

You find pics of the design earlier on in the thread, but its an AFM theme.

Ibis Mojo stolen in Millbrae yesterday evening (10-26)

I had my black XL Ibis Mojo HD stolen yesterday evening (10-26-2011) while at dinner with friends after a bike ride. The bike was locked in the back of my pick-up truck in the parking lock at Magnolia and La Cruz in Millbrae. I would appreciate any help in finding this bike. The bike is unique both in that is an XL frame and its components.
It has orange Chris King Hubs, a mix of a Chris King upper headset cup and a lower Cane Creek cup, a white e-13 chainguide (which are unusual because they require some fiddling to fit on that bike and which has a crack in the upper plastic guide), and Hope Tech M4 disc brakes.

Will provide reward for return of bike. Please call (3 2 3 - 6 1 0 -- 7 6 1 7) or send me a pm with any information.

Description:Frame: Carbon (black) 2011.5 XL Ibis Mojo HD (direct front derailleur mount). Red links. Rear travel was 140mm (unusual for combo with 160mm fork)
Fork: Black 2011 Fox Talas 160mm fork
Wheelset: Orange Chris King hubs laced to black Mavic tubeless rims with Maxxis High Roller tires.
Chainguide: White e-13 chainguide
Crankset: XTR cranksets
Derailleurs and shifter: SRAM X0
Stem: Thomson 70x0mm
Handlebar Easton MonkeyLite carbon
Headset: Top cup, Chris King. Bottom Cup: Cane Creek
Brakes: Hope Tech M4 (203mm front, 160mm rear)
Pedals: Black Twenty6 platform pedals
Seatpost: Rockshox reverb adjustable seatpost. The adjuster was mounted on the left handlebar side.
Grips: ODIlock-on.
Wheel speed sensor: Polar

Last edited:
I had my black XL Ibis Mojo HD stolen yesterday evening (10-26-2011) while at dinner with friends after a bike ride. The bike was locked in the back of my pick-up truck in the parking lock at Magnolia and La Cruz in Millbrae. I would appreciate any help in finding this bike. The bike is unique both in that is an XL frame and its components.
It has orange Chris King Hubs, a mix of a Chris King upper headset cup and a lower Cane Creek cup, a white e-13 chainguide (which are unusual because they require some fiddling to fit on that bike and which has a crack in the upper plastic guide), and Hope Tech M4 disc brakes.

Will provide reward for return of bike. Please call (3 2 3 - 6 1 0 -- 7 6 1 7) or send me a pm with any information.

Description:Frame: Carbon (black) 2011.5 XL Ibis Mojo HD (direct front derailleur mount). Red links. Rear travel was 140mm (unusual for combo with 160mm fork)
Fork: Black 2011 Fox Talas 160mm fork
Wheelset: Orange Chris King hubs laced to black Mavic tubeless rims with Maxxis High Roller tires.
Chainguide: White e-13 chainguide
Crankset: XTR cranksets
Derailleurs and shifter: SRAM X0
Stem: Thomson 70x0mm
Handlebar Easton MonkeyLite carbon
Headset: Top cup, Chris King. Bottom Cup: Cane Creek
Brakes: Hope Tech M4 (203mm front, 160mm rear)
Pedals: Black Twenty6 platform pedals
Seatpost: Rockshox reverb adjustable seatpost. The adjuster was mounted on the left handlebar side.
Grips: ODIlock-on.
Wheel speed sensor: Polar

WOW :shocker That F@#$EN SUX!!!
I will keep my eyes and ears open. Send DKing a PM. He comes across a lot of stuff on the want ads (as I do) and he might catch something passing through CL. I'm always doing searches for IBIS just to see what's out there. I will keep and eye out. Sorry, and I hope your ridiculously gorgeous bike finds her way home.
Joe

PS. Thieves Suk

Happened a few weeks ago just saw this other post for stolen shiz so I thought I'd put it out there... Mine and my roomates bikes got jacked out of the garage... His is a cannondale with the one shock in the front not to unique.. but mine was a hardtail Bianchi kingbee, pretty rare from what I hear. Raceface cranks, all black...cant really remember the other details..not really a parts guy. Anyway keep and eye out at those swap meets in Oakland lol.

Side note.. in the market for a bike. 6'2" 200 lbs looking for another hard tail budget ehh around $900

Back