• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

WOW :shocker That F@#$EN SUX!!!
I will keep my eyes and ears open. Send DKing a PM. He comes across a lot of stuff on the want ads (as I do) and he might catch something passing through CL. I'm always doing searches for IBIS just to see what's out there. I will keep and eye out. Sorry, and I hope your ridiculously gorgeous bike finds her way home.
Joe

PS. Thieves Suk

Thanks. I really appreciate that.

I had my black XL Ibis Mojo HD stolen yesterday evening (10-26-2011) while at dinner with friends after a bike ride.

Wow, major bummer :( Most people I know who lock their bikes to the cars / trucks are using the oversized Kryptonite locks with the hardened steel links - were you running a lock setup similar to that?

Happened a few weeks ago just saw this other post for stolen shiz so I thought I'd put it out there... Mine and my roomates bikes got jacked out of the garage

Crap, you guys are scaring me. Did they break into your garage or was it already open?

For Sale: Cannondale Jekyll 800 w/ several upgrades

Fun all-mountain bike by Cannondale, with a Lefty fork and the eye-catching Sobe paint scheme. Full suspension, with 135mm travel front and rear. Upgrades include:

- Fox Float R shock revalved by Push Industries - improved pedaling efficiency by leaps and bounds
- Avid Juicy 7 brakes - huge increase in stopping power over OEM Hayes HFX 9s, with adjustable lever positioning
- Easton EA70 seatpost - lighter and holds the seat position better than the OEM post
- Terry Fly saddle with Titanium rails - lighter and more comfortable than OEM seat
- Alligator Serrated Rotors

Frame size is small, which should fits riders from 5'-4" to 5'-7". I'm 5'-7", and was very happy on this bike for years :) Whoever said you can't get a decent full suspension bike for under $1,000 hasn't seen mine.

Asking $800.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

FS: Spinergy Xyclone Disc Wheelset

This light and fast wheelset uses PBO fiber spokes, providing strength and light weight in a spoke that absorbs impact efficiently while staying in true. Uses a 9mm front axle.

MSRP of $799. Asking $220 obo.

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

This light and fast wheelset uses PBO fiber spokes, providing strength and light weight in a spoke that absorbs impact efficiently while staying in true. Uses a 9mm front axle.

MSRP of $799. Asking $220 obo.

Weight??

Do any of you have experience with tire inserts like Mr Tuffy to help prevent flats? Do they work and is there a best brand for them? The thorns in this area are no joke

Do any of you have experience with tire inserts like Mr Tuffy to help prevent flats? Do they work and is there a best brand for them? The thorns in this area are no joke

I can help you convert to tubeless, using a low-cost method referred to as "ghetto tubeless". It actually works really well - any punctures immediately get filled with sealant, and you just keep on rolling. It's happened to me twice in the last two days.

[youtube]C_BsT8D9JYY[/youtube]

Hit me up on chat sometime - I can give you more info there!

Not too many thorns around here. The one time I ran across a bunch of goatheads and was running tubeless with Stans it was not pretty. I ended up losing a bunch of sealant and flat tires anyway. Of course, I got more than ten thorns at one time; one or two at a time would prolly be fine. YMMV.

I have tried the Tuffy liners a long time ago. But again, there aren't alot of thorns around here, so I'm not sure I really tested them.

I ended buying thorn resistant tubes and the mr tuffy incerts on my lunch break yesterday. Im going to put them on after work today. I know ill feel a difference from the added weight but he'll I need the extra exercise anyway lol. If its dry enough ill hit some off road stuff this weekend to try them out

I took the bike out for a quick 10ish mile ride to see what all this added rolling resistance was all about. I know fully understand what everyone is talking about. It felt like I was towing a boat anchor. My normal time for the loop I do went from 38ish min to 43 min. I think it was a combination of headwind working out my legs the night prior and the added rolling resistance.
I just keep telling my self I need the extra exercise any way. It will take a little time to get use to the added resistance, in the mean time it will be a better workout on the bike.

I can help you convert to tubeless, using a low-cost method referred to as "ghetto tubeless". It actually works really well - any punctures immediately get filled with sealant, and you just keep on rolling. It's happened to me twice in the last two days.

[youtube]C_BsT8D9JYY[/youtube]

Hit me up on chat sometime - I can give you more info there!

wow, I didn't think it would seal that well and quickly. After seeing how horribly the slim failed when I got one goat head I didn't think tubeless would be any better. If I am going to go tubeless I need to get better tires. The ones I'm using now I think are ok because I am doing a lot of pavement stuff with my bike
3fdebfa73116685a8a757e900342ce10[1024x768].JPG

I need to get some better tires to use for trails.

2010 Ibis Mojo Carbon for sale

SIZE IS MEDIUM
Beautiful Condition
Very light
Amazing XC and trail bike
THE PARTS PICK IS OUTSTANDING (nothing cheaper than 2010 XT)
$2600 FIRM (DO NOT OFFER ME LESS)
You might find cheaper Ibis's but I guarantee the shape of this one and the parts pick more than justify the price.

The bike is as close to flawless as a used bike gets. PERIOD!!
Protective clear plastic covers every spot on the bike where there might be rubbing.

All Components are 2010-2012:
Shock – Pushed RP23 (0 Rides)
Fork – 2010 RockShox Revelation Duel Air 12-150 U-Turn (less then 100 miles)
Headset – Cane Creek IS-8 (upgraded from stock IS-3)
Links – LOPES link (upgraded from stock 2-piece)
Cranks – E-13 “The Hive XC Triple (Lighter, stronger, smoother, more expensive than XT)
Shifters – XT ( Almost Brand new) as well as cables
Derailleurs – Front /Rear - XT 2011 (rear has a couple of tiny scuffs, WORKS FLAWLESSLY)
Cassette – XT M770 ( Almost Brand new)
Chain – Sram PC-991 ((2 rides on it)
Brakes and rotors – XT 2012 (Almost Brand new)
Bars – Easton EC 70 Carbon ( Almost Brand new)
Stem – Easton EA 70 , ...100mm( Almost Brand new) I can swap out stems of different sizes if need be
Grips – Sunline Lock-on (BRAND NEW)
Seat Post – Easton Carbon EC 90 ( Almost Brand new/MINOR scuffs from being inserted in frame)
Seat – WTB Rocket V (290g and comfy)
Bearings and pivots – All perfect and smooth
Wheelset – FSA SL-XC (BRAND NEW/0 Rides) the perfect combination of weight and strength
Tires – Specialized S-Works Roll-X Duel Compound (500g / 95% tread left)

Link to photos: http://photobucket.com/ibis_mojo_carbon_silver

Ibis Mojo Carbon is BY FAR the most amazing, well balanced, most efficient bike I've ever ridden.
"So why are you sellin it then," You may ask. Well, when I was shopping I ended up with 2 of them. I'm keeping the ugly one and selling the pretty one. The bike is truly amazing.

Let me know if your interested

Attachments

• IMG_20111110_161406.jpg
    IMG_20111110_161406.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20111110_161420.jpg
    IMG_20111110_161420.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20111110_161459.jpg
    IMG_20111110_161459.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20111110_161513.jpg
    IMG_20111110_161513.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20111110_161607.jpg
    IMG_20111110_161607.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Very nice. Wish I had that kind of cash.

Building up a new bike tonite. Have a connection at norco and got a new frame but, from 2008. Had a fox fork laying around. Turning out to be a nice 5 inch bike and only have a few hundred into. Pics when im done building it.

Back