• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Sick new rig!

I use to love running Saints and XT's. Since riding a few different Formula brake sets Im hooked. Getting a solid bleed is tough. But when you get it dailed I have not found a better brake out there.

I've got a few FOX forks laying around. If you need one let me know. The list looks like this:

USED - 2010 F29 120 FIT, RLC, Tapered, Cut (6.75in), 9mm open drop out

USED - 2011 160 Vanilla, RLC, 1 1/18, Cut (7.5in), 20QR, Kashima coated stanchions

NEW - 2011 140 TALAS RLC, Tapered, uncut, 15qr

New - 2012 160 Float, RLC, 1 1/8, uncut, 20qr, Kashima (the dark kashima = mo betta looking)

USED - 2011 180 VAN, RLC, Tapered, Cut (7.5), Kashima

If there is any interest, please PM me for details.

for those of you who ride like to in Santa Cruz:
Petition to Support the Pogonip Multi-Use Trail

this is a petition for a MUT (multi use trail) thru Pogonip that would connect downtown Santa Cruz to the U-Conn trail.

now you wouldn't have to be in the *know* to get into Upper UC thru campus....or park in the Rincon lot (where Rangers can come and find ya easy)...or brave pedaling up and down hwy 9

it'd be nice to start a ride at a coffee shop, then end with a beer - all without having to load up all your crap and drive around.

Where is some good local, to Walnut Creek< trails to ride for noobs?
I just got into mountain bikes and bought a pretty decent setup.
I understand alot of stuff crosses over riding dirtbikes and i've been riding dirt almost all my life. I just have not ridden a bike a several years. I need to get back in shape and running 4-5 miles a day is boring plus the MTB's seem WAYYY more fun then running.

Thanks!

Where is some good local, to Walnut Creek!
I'm sure other(s) will disagree but IMHO, .... there aren't any. At least not legal.
Bikemech1 should chime in anytime now and tell you how awesome Lime Ridge is but understand you are getting that from a guy who thinks that Demo, Annedel and UCSC aren't worth the drive. :twofinger(that's for bikemech1, not you. :teeth

I'm sure other(s) will disagree but IMHO, .... there aren't any. At least not legal.
Bikemech1 should chime in anytime now and tell you how awesome Lime Ridge is but understand you are getting that from a guy who thinks that Demo, Annedel and UCSC aren't worth the drive. :twofinger(that's for bikemech1, not you. :teeth

UCSC is a hike from Walnut Creek.... :(

Makes me re think my plans to move to the North Bay when I get out of the military.............

Makes me re think my plans to move to the North Bay when I get out of the military.............

So is Tamarancho but If I'm going mtn biking it sure as hell aint gonna be Diablo or Briones. Yuky Poo Blaahhh :rofl

North Bay = good, East Bay = not so good...

Where is some good local, to Walnut Creek< trails to ride for noobs?
I just got into mountain bikes and bought a pretty decent setup.
I understand alot of stuff crosses over riding dirtbikes and i've been riding dirt almost all my life. I just have not ridden a bike a several years. I need to get back in shape and running 4-5 miles a day is boring plus the MTB's seem WAYYY more fun then running.

Thanks!

Here's a good map of Shell Ridge and Lime Ridge

http://www.walnut-creek.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=2224

Hey bikers, looking for a new bike after mine got jacked. review this for me never heard of this brand (focus) but apparently they are made in Germany which means they are awesome

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/2746332538.html

if you have any questions I should ask them let me know
Buying a brand of bike that people have "HEARD OF" will make life much easier. Take my word on that on.

Hey bikers, looking for a new bike after mine got jacked. review this for me never heard of this brand (focus) but apparently they are made in Germany which means they are awesome

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/2746332538.html

if you have any questions I should ask them let me know

That bike's too expensive and is most likely made in China or Taiwan at the same plant as the rest of them. At the end of production line it just goes to the Focus sticker girl instead of the Trek or whatever sticker girl.

With my own money Id rather buy something robot made in Taiwan than handmade in the USA....but youll find lotsa opinions against that.

Last edited:
Frame & Fork for SALE

2007 Small Nomad frame, 1 1/8" headtube

Includes a Manitou ISX-6 Evolver Intrinsic Air shock, Chris King headset, and Truvativ Stylo GXP cranks, 175mm

Nomad003.jpg

Rock Shox Lyrik Solo Air, 160mm, 7.5" steertube
Fork has been well maintained and in great condition.

Lyrik001.jpg

PM for more info

Back