• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I will be interested for some Mountain bike riding

No

Those bikes where 500 new 10 years ago.

Thanks for all the replys. I ended up picking up a hardrock for $200 today.

aad8d480.jpg

Yeah, I kind of wanted a disk brake after everyone I spoke to recommended them but I thought this was a good deal.

Do you know of any mountain bike forums? I want to buy some stock components hopefully score a disc brakes...

Yeah, I kind of wanted a disk brake after everyone I spoke to recommended them but I thought this was a good deal.

Do you know of any mountain bike forums? I want to buy some stock components hopefully score a disc brakes...

mtbr.com

we're mostly nice over there...

mostly...

noob

:twofinger

Just ride it and enjoy

No need for disk unless your going to do more aggresive riding.

Just ride it and enjoy

No need for disk unless your going to do more aggresive riding.
+1. Also, you'll need new wheels with disc compatible hubs too. You're looking at spending more to upgrade than you paid for the bike. Just ride it as is until you're ready to upgrade the whole bike. :ride

+1. Also, you'll need new wheels with disc compatible hubs too. You're looking at spending more to upgrade than you paid for the bike. Just ride it as is until you're ready to upgrade the whole bike. :ride
Tried that same approach with my body only they wouldn't give me any trade-in value what so ever so I haven't been able to afford the new one yet, .......... although Blue Shield might beg to differ. :rofl :cry

The BigHit is mine! Took it for a quick descent down the hill in a friends' backyard, felt like riding over a pile of mattresses. I'm gonna have fun hucking this thing down the mountain. :banana

+2. This coming from someone who spent $500 fixing up a $100 bike.:rofl

Anybody want/need a Thomson Masterpiece seat post in 30.9x350mm? It's got all of 4 rides on it. On craigslist for 80, would sell to a barfer for 50. Would also consider trading for a chainguide. SOLD
u8urol.jpg

Also, in other news, just built a shweet new ride (30lbs!), couldn't have done it without roxy&sonny. Thanks guys.
OcKRrl.jpg

Proof :party
[youtube]L0K4_0J1h7M[/youtube]

Last edited:
my buddy is trying to sell a bike he just built

All the parts came off a new 2012 Aurum but, the frame is a new 09 Norco Six.

2012 Rockshox R2C2 200mm Fork
Easton Havoc DH rims
SRAM X7 10 speed
Elixer Disk Brakes
New Fox DHX3 rear shock
Upgraded to Saint Cranks
Thomsom Stem

He was down to 1700 on craigslist. He wants it gone. Retail on the fork alone is like 1200.

Someone buy it so I dont

Attachments

• nor1.jpg
    nor1.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Back