• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Yea the swingarm flex on a SC should make up for any damping issues. :laughing

I missed the part where you worked in the lab there for a few years.

Oh wait that was me. SC bikes are some of the, if not the strongest bikes out there. I've seen/taken the data.

/rant
:teeth

Theyre good carbon bikes. Many other companies make Carbon bikes just as well, and for cheaper. However ALL carbon bikes can suffer from splintering from impact, or breaking. Anyways

I missed the part where you worked in the lab there for a few years.

Oh wait that was me. SC bikes are some of the, if not the strongest bikes out there. I've seen/taken the data.

/rant
:teeth

Never said they broke , i've hucked SC's hard never had a problem. I do however have a problem with the rear end stiffness on many of their frames. :x My Bullits felt like a wet noodle compared to my Turner Highline. I also had some wacky axle alignment issues. I think switching to carbon was a very good thing for them.

/rant

Last edited:
I know Rossi asked to get some flex back into the frame. Without a thru axle how could you be sure it wasn't in the mounting of the wheel.

I know Rossi asked to get some flex back into the frame. Without a thru axle how could you be sure it wasn't in the mounting of the wheel.

was 12x150 wheel or not :thumbdown

Rossi should have stayed on Yamaha :nchantr

Ibis Mojo HD/SL/Carbon

If your going to get really aggressive on your new HD, ... get a duel canister rear shock. I have a DHX5 on mine but haven't ridden it before the body (my body) started to self destruct so I can't say which brand is better but any hi-end duel-can shock will give you infinately more possibilities than the RP23 which is an EXCELLENT XC/LIGHT all mountain but once you start to get really aggressive, ...time to move up! :thumbup

PS. If anyone knows someone looking for a Mojo Carbon or a Mojo SL, I have a frame in every size except XL and have enough parts to build them with just about anything imaginable :wtf :)

PM me about Mojo sales. Please do not post. I don't read the thread that often.

Last edited:
None of you know what flex is, until you ride a classic mojo with spinergy's and mutano 2.4's. Even then for being a squid I was ripping it. The faster you go the more air you get the stiffer you need it. For average riders most of these bikes are stiff enough.

My Mojo HD for me is the perfect blend of stoutness/stiffness/and a tiny bit of dampening/flex.

My little metal Blur LT flexes like a mofo.
I like it, the back end does what ever the fack it wants! Flexy swing arm paired with the floppy 28hole QR wheel I have back there.

My ancient DHR flexes a bit too... But thats the linkage... LOL
You can feel the rear end twist latterly and move about the trail.

Oh wait... its all about the stifffffness now. Sorry...

GO RIDE BIKES YOU NERDS
life-before-internet-008.jpg

My little metal Blur LT flexes like a mofo.
I like it, the back end does what ever the fack it wants! Flexy swing arm paired with the floppy 28hole QR wheel I have back there.

My ancient DHR flexes a bit too... But thats the linkage... LOL
You can feel the rear end twist latterly and move about the trail.

Oh wait... its all about the stifffffness now. Sorry...

GO RIDE BIKES YOU NERDS
life-before-internet-008.jpg

pft...you guys have too many squishy moving parts to worry about...

from this mornings 'cross ride :p
6854535472_11179516cf_o.jpg

Take that road bike back to the road bike thread.

This isnt a "Do you Crossbike? You want to be a mountain biker, but deep down you'll always be a roadie fgt"

:twofinger

Take that road bike back to the road bike thread.

This isnt a "Do you Crossbike? You want to be a mountain biker, but deep down you'll always be a roadie fgt"

:twofinger

LMAO
:rofl :laughing :laughing :rofl :party :thumbdown :rofl

[shakesfistinair]

If I figure out who any of you hooligans are on MTBR I will screw with you until the end of days....

[/shakesfistinair]

besides, my main rig is getting repainted...fuggers :twofinger

* and yes, a rigid 29'er SS is still a mountain bike :p *

;)

besides, my main rig is getting repainted...fuggers :twofinger

* and yes, I know... a rigid 29'er SS will never be a true mountain bike... *

Fixed!

*Done trolling for awhile* :laughing

You can stalk me all you wish on mtbr (motormonkeyr6), I cant take that place anymore. Unless I want technical information... :rofl If one ventures outside the AM / DH / California (full of a bunch of roadie fgts) forums there are some brilliant people on that damn site. You just have to sort through all the BS.

Back