• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

game on....

you do know I'm a SuperMod over there right?

:teeth

WTF is that? A regular mod that trolls the vast expanse of MTBR in spandex and a cape? :laughing

:rofl

Im gonna regret that last one, gots me a feeling.

WOW!!! LOFL!!!
This is funnier than any movie I've paid $13 to go see and best of all, ... it's free. Thanx guys. Seriously appreciate the laughter with my morning coffee :thumbup

:laughing :laughing :rofl :teeth :party

WTF is that? A regular mod that trolls the vast expanse of MTBR in spandex and a cape? :laughing

:rofl

Im gonna regret that last one, gots me a feeling.

your new mtbr avatar.
motormonkeyr6.gif

i will take suggestions on making a new one for mr. freerydejunky....:teeth

Last edited:
MTBR is full of Fred's and people's whos dad is an engineer ;)

Oh wait I post on there...... :laughing

WOW!!! LOFL!!!
This is funnier than any movie I've paid $13 to go see and best of all, ... it's free. Thanx guys. Seriously appreciate the laughter with my morning coffee :thumbup

:laughing :laughing :rofl :teeth :party

Gotta keep the rehabilitating angry jew laughing. Otherwise we get one of those half page drug induced rants which we are not sure whether to laugh at or shake our heads at... :laughing

your new mtbr avatar.
motormonkeyr6.gif

i will take suggestions on making a new one for mr. freerydejunky....:teeth

:rofl:laughing:thumbup:twofinger
I love it. It will stay there until the day I delete my MTBR account, because sooner or later I will snap. SMT and his non related pictures of boobies... I go to MTBR to look at sexy bishicletas, NOT BOOBIES.

Change his name to freeridehottie and put a random girls photo there. :leghump

She better be hawt. Its become rather hard to spank it to my current avatar of myself riding a fuel tank in the desert.

I would also be afraid of the oncoming onslaught of 27 year old Asian virgins trying to cyber me on BARF through PM's... :(

Last edited:
What full suspension bike do you guys recommend? I have a Specialized Hardrock and plan on upgrading soon. I've been riding rugged trails and when the downhill sections start, I am finding myself wishing I had a full suspension bike. Brands, models, etc would be appreciated.

What full suspension bike do you guys recommend? I have a Specialized Hardrock and plan on upgrading soon. I've been riding rugged trails and when the downhill sections start, I am finding myself wishing I had a full suspension bike. Brands, models, etc would be appreciated.

[dickanswer]
work on your form
[/dickanswer]

[realanswer]
i actually don't know as I am an old curmudgeon with a Luddites perspective that 'steel is real', suspension is a crutch and derailleurs are for sissies (or engineers)....
[/realanswer]

i am not popular here :(

Its ok Chum. I rode a 26" Evil Sovereign (steel is real!) SS'ed for a year and a half. Loved every minute of it. Probably will swap everything back over to it when I get back to the states.

I dont know how tall you are, but something along the lines of this? Nice little trail bike (a bit over priced IMO)

Turner Flux

Lots of options. Look on craigslist. BUY USED.

Yo Chum, MTBR forget to pay the power bill? It seems to be gone. I can't get on from my PC or Tapatalk.

ok.. new to mtn bikes... just bought a cheapy full susp diamondback to ride around some trails...
need input on the rear shock - i want to replace it... need to know what are some ok brands that would work for me - main purpose is to adjust to hardtail (for just regular street riding) then, to soft for some actual trail riding...

thanks in advance...

ok.. new to mtn bikes... just bought a cheapy full susp diamondback to ride around some trails...
need input on the rear shock - i want to replace it... need to know what are some ok brands that would work for me - main purpose is to adjust to hardtail (for just regular street riding) then, to soft for some actual trail riding...

thanks in advance...

1. Read This: Surly Blog

2. Can't really can't give you specifics until we know what bike/model/year you have....but as a general rule of thumb your rig will not be worth upgrading. Ride it as-is and have fun... :thumbup

3. After you ride for a while you will have a better idea as to what type of riding/trails you prefer....

my .02

thanks in advance...
That's called a lockout, some fox shox have that.

bought a diamondback recoil...
and for cardio - quick 8-10 mile street rides, i would prefer a stiffer ride... and when i start riding trails, then i would want the capabilities of adjusting the rear...

Back