• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I have recently acquired a carve comp and have no gear or experience. I forgot how to ride kne of these things.

Doe any one have any gear up for sale.
Size9 shoes
M Helmet

Gotta show of the new wheels I just bought.

i-jVwgTzJ-XL.jpg

Just found this thread.

I have been trying to frequent Rockville park

Always looking for riding buddies.

Justin

I have Gear

I have recently acquired a carve comp and have no gear or experience. I forgot how to ride kne of these things.

Doe any one have any gear up for sale.
Size9 shoes
M Helmet
I have gear. Tons of stuff.
Call me.
I PMed my #

Joe

I need to get a bike to get in shape for track days (legs) and loose my gut. I'm 6'3 and my height is mostly from my legs, do I need an XL or can I get by with a large? I've just started perusing CL, looking for something in the 5-700 range

I need to get a bike to get in shape for track days (legs) and loose my gut. I'm 6'3 and my height is mostly from my legs, do I need an XL or can I get by with a large? I've just started perusing CL, looking for something in the 5-700 range

You will need an XL. Some people claim that a smaller bike will be more agile, but a bike that is too small will always feel nervous. It also creates the potential for back and knee injuries.

You will need an XL. Some people claim that a smaller bike will be more agile, but a bike that is too small will always feel nervous. It also creates the potential for back and knee injuries.
I agree with "the law", but also it's somewhat brand dependent. Specialized tends to run a bit big, where Santa Cruz tends to run a bit small. I'm just over 6' and I've ridden larges and XLs. But for you at 6' 3", I'd stick with an XL.

XLs are harder for find used because there are fewer of them out there, but you'll be happier in the end IMO. Good luck shopping!!

I am 6-3 and about to sell my second bike. Older Santa Cruz Superlight in great condition. Will send you some pics...right in your price range and very solid xc bike. It is an XL.

We are a group of enthusiastic mountain bikers from California East Bay who are getting together from time to time to ride local trails. We Welcome all people from all walks of life. I Will be organizing events, mostly weekday mornings and weekend mornings. Our main focus is making our rides fun and stay socially active and meet awesome new riders. Join today and let's get rolling!

Cycling is a extremely dangerous sport and you are responsible for your own safety. Helmets are required on all rides.

There will be two types of rides, Recreational and Advanced riders.

I will be hosting a ride next friday on October 4, 2013.
Time: in the morning (pm or email me for exact time)
Skill: Recreational
Max # of riders:8 (email me for a reserved spot)

We are a group of enthusiastic mountain bikers from California East Bay who are getting together from time to time to ride local trails. We Welcome all people from all walks of life. I Will be organizing events, mostly weekday mornings and weekend mornings. Our main focus is making our rides fun and stay socially active and meet awesome new riders. Join today and let's get rolling!

Cycling is a extremely dangerous sport and you are responsible for your own safety. Helmets are required on all rides.

There will be two types of rides, Recreational and Advanced riders.

I will be hosting a ride on Monday October 7, 2013.
Time: in the morning 9:30AM
Skill: Recreational
Max # of riders:8 (email me for a reserved spot)

I am 6-3 and about to sell my second bike. Older Santa Cruz Superlight in great condition. Will send you some pics...right in your price range and very solid xc bike. It is an XL.

Awesome bikes, especially for how cheap you can get em. Can't go wrong.

I am in Vallejo. I just got a Iron Horse Sport 28 speed. I want to ride. I am out if shape, but want to get into shape. Any good place near by to ride?

We have another MTB group ride this Saturday, 10/19 8 am Castro Valley Lake Chabot trail. Staging area will be by Nike classroom ( across from EB parks police station). Please PM me for more info.

I got a bunch of stuff for sale.
Fox 36 Van RC2
RockShox Totem Coil. One of 3 Totems in the world that got PUSH'ed
(notorious top cap leak, rides fine though)
SLX cranks (filed to single ring only)
Stylo Cranks
135x12, 20mm Gravity Lite wheelset
28" monkey lite carbon bar
Formula Mega brakeset

Sonny, do you want your old set of Codes back? Haha

I am parting out my bikes. Can't ride for the next year or so due to my bad back.

If you are interested in any of the stuff shoot me a PM

Last edited:
Back