• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Sweet, what trails are these?

Wildcat, I just moved a block away from the park so still new to me. Living so close should prove to be beneficial for my health however :thumbup

Last edited:
Free Large 661 Downhill helmet and Donation for BNIB XT Derailleurs

Black white and silver 661 downhill/full face helmet. Was used by a few friends when they would go play with us. Free to who ever wants it. In great shape with a few small rock chips in the back from dropping. Never been crashed hard in. Includes helmet bag.

Also, have about 20 brand new in box Shimano Deore XT top and bottom mount derailleurs. Model numbers are FD-M770 and FD-M772. Would like to get donations towards the Mark Reynolds Wicked Racin Park Fund. For those of you that dont know, Mark was killed in the Sea Otter Classic a few years ago, and the fund is going to a park build in the soquel forest. We have been working with SC parks and Rec for about 4 years now and the fund has been growing. These were Marks that he used for making his Patented Dualrailleur system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 50
XT brand new in boxs

....Also, im posting this here and not the classifieds just because you fellow riders know this stuff and it would probably get lost in the grab bag. PM me for any questions and if you want to know more about the fund for Mark please dont hesitate to ask. He was an amazing man and an extremely talented rider, lost too soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 52
Barf mtbers, I want another bike.... Help me pick.

I have a Blur XC, which is the best bike I've ever ridden but I want more travel. More travel, light weight and fun to ride up and down. Enduro racing seems like something I would enjoy.

29er? The tallboy LT and Enduro 29 look awesome. The only 29er I've ridden felt reallly slow. Supposedly this is not the case anymore?

27.5? Really, can this be a noticeable difference?

26- The only thing I've ever known. Sooo many choices. I had a mid 2000s Enduro that was pretty good, I'm enticed by the Blur TRc...

what about the SC bullet?

Not really feeling the single pivot. I'm dreaming of something that can climb almost as well as my xc, but not bottom out the shock on the way down. Plus I have this strange desire to try a larger wheeled bike.

For crazy downhill and high speed, I'll ride my dirtbike:teeth

Barf mtbers, I want another bike.... Help me pick.

I have a Blur XC, which is the best bike I've ever ridden but I want more travel. More travel, light weight and fun to ride up and down. Enduro racing seems like something I would enjoy.

29er? The tallboy LT and Enduro 29 look awesome. The only 29er I've ridden felt reallly slow. Supposedly this is not the case anymore?

27.5? Really, can this be a noticeable difference?

26- The only thing I've ever known. Sooo many choices. I had a mid 2000s Enduro that was pretty good, I'm enticed by the Blur TRc...

Not really feeling the single pivot. I'm dreaming of something that can climb almost as well as my xc, but not bottom out the shock on the way down. Plus I have this strange desire to try a larger wheeled bike.

For crazy downhill and high speed, I'll ride my dirtbike:teeth

Definitely try the TRc. And try a 27.5... you will feel a difference, but not as much as with a 29er (which I don't like either).

Is there somewhere that offers demo rides that aren't $100 per bike? Or that even does demos for SC?

Throwing this out there, I'm gonna strip my '12 Mojo HD down to sell the frame. I had mostly concluded previously that I was going to sell it because it doesn't fit me the way i'd like. It's a large which I normally ride but I feel like i'm forced to sit more 'on' it than 'in' it. I did some loops in SC yesterday, and after riding my hardtail mostly for the last few months it was very apparent to me what I need to do. The hardtail is large but with slightly longer TT and I feel less awkward on it.. Before someone says something , no a longer stem is not an option :nchantr

Attachments

• p4pb10060918.jpg
    p4pb10060918.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
This looks like a good deal?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/4273074941.html

I would like to find a shop that will give me a good deal and save me some energy. Really like the Blur XC and Stumpy FSR.

Ok deal , fun bikes. Sucks to be stuck with that mediocre rear shock though.

what about the SC bullet?

Too flexy even with the solid axle and has MASSIVE chain growth, not really comparable to the modern endurbro stuff.

Definitely try the TRc. And try a 27.5... you will feel a difference, but not as much as with a 29er (which I don't like either).

TRC is a shredder , the 5010 is kind of interesting too. Or a Bronson but they seem overpriced? Lot's of nice options in the 140-160mm range these days.

my tomac primer 220 is single pivot and you could jump off a house with it! Plus I've seen too many mojos snap the frames. And why go larger wheel, stay with what you know and test ride bikes. trailhead in Campbell is real good and has aton of bikes to demo

my tomac primer 220 is single pivot and you could jump off a house with it! Plus I've seen too many mojos snap the frames. And why go larger wheel, stay with what you know and test ride bikes. trailhead in Campbell is real good and has aton of bikes to demo

Seen what? The majority of the people I ride with have Mojo HDs, a group of folks who regularly go big, which means sometimes crash big, and I have yet to see even a single frame failure. In my eyes the HD has more than proven its durability at this point.

Exhibit A: He has been doing this on this frame for going on 5 seasons now...

[youtube]4AzlkadOAes[/youtube]

Attachments

• p4pb10060902.jpg
    p4pb10060902.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 63
Iv got a video of one breaking in UCSC when we were testing a dualraillure on it. Snapped at the pivot upon landing and the bike went into 2 pieces. This was 6-7 years ago but I'll try and find it. All bikes are going to have issues if you beat them up enough. I'm pretty surprised my tomac hasn't busted but its deff the most overbuilt bike iv ever been on, and that included all of SC, even the V10 carbon, and demo 9. OP, go test bikes and see what fits and what's in your price range. You could get a crazy nice bike for $9k but when is that ever in somebody's price range. Lots to choose from in between. If you go 29r make sure you have a good set of wheels and are you going to go tubeless?

Iv got a video of one breaking in UCSC when we were testing a dualraillure on it. Snapped at the pivot upon landing and the bike went into 2 pieces. This was 6-7 years ago but I'll try and find it. All bikes are going to have issues if you beat them up enough. I'm pretty surprised my tomac hasn't busted but its deff the most overbuilt bike iv ever been on, and that included all of SC, even the V10 carbon, and demo 9. OP, go test bikes and see what fits and what's in your price range. You could get a crazy nice bike for $9k but when is that ever in somebody's price range. Lots to choose from in between. If you go 29r make sure you have a good set of wheels and are you going to go tubeless?

I'm not really looking for a big dh bike, though I do want one. if I'm gonna spend 9k, I'm buying a KTM 500!

I'm running tubeless Stans wheels now and I love it. even with bald xc tires, it still hooks up pretty well.

thanks for the input guys.

Ok deal , fun bikes. Sucks to be stuck with that mediocre rear shock though.

Too flexy even with the solid axle and has MASSIVE chain growth, not really comparable to the modern endurbro stuff.

TRC is a shredder , the 5010 is kind of interesting too. Or a Bronson but they seem overpriced? Lot's of nice options in the 140-160mm range these days.

Shit, does this mean I need to buy a flatbill helmet to fit in?

No, watch this a few times and you'll be good.

[youtube]WPVRU7jSYkQ[/youtube]

No, watch this a few times and you'll be good.

[youtube]WPVRU7jSYkQ[/youtube]

Too funny. I think I'll just bust out some spannndexx from back when they were all just "mountain bikes" and had no suspension!

Back