• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Ok, where are good trails by morgan hill? Specifically, near lake anderson would be great!

Any near mccarthy ranch in milpitas?

Ok, where are good trails by morgan hill? Specifically, near lake anderson would be great!

Coe, but it's pretty much straight up and down... you'd better like climbing. Santa Teresa in south SJ is the only place I like that's anywhere near Morgan Hill.

Everything around McCarthy Ranch is flat. You can ride the bike path out to Aliviso... LOL. Mission Peak isn't too far if you like climbing. I'd head west to Fremont Older or up the hill to Saratoga Gap/Longridge. Not what I'd call close, but the closest decent trails.

"Good?" I dunno, but Harvey Bear is nearby and Coe has some great trails.

also don't forget about rocky ridge. we park in front of the IBM plant and a short ride in for some fun rockydownhill

Is that off Bernal? That's close.

Also, can someone recommend a good headlight and taillight?

Thanks!

You can get to the park at the end of Bernal, or on the backside near the end of Almaden Expressway. I usually park on the backside near the IBM entrance and ride to the park from there. You get into the park closer to the Stiles Ranch and Rocky Ridge trails and you don't have to pay to park.

Barf mtbers, I want another bike.... Help me pick.

I have a Blur XC, which is the best bike I've ever ridden but I want more travel. More travel, light weight and fun to ride up and down. Enduro racing seems like something I would enjoy.

29er? The tallboy LT and Enduro 29 look awesome. The only 29er I've ridden felt reallly slow. Supposedly this is not the case anymore?

27.5? Really, can this be a noticeable difference?

26- The only thing I've ever known. Sooo many choices. I had a mid 2000s Enduro that was pretty good, I'm enticed by the Blur TRc...
Lucky you (us) living in the bay area. Ride any SC bike you want, whenever you want... http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/factory-demo

The MIO doesn't seem to have GPS. The Fitbit Force I got does pretty much the same, for $129. But I am going to return it for the Nike watch.

The Garmin 310 also looks legit, but its huge and ugly, and I want something I can wear to dinner and stuff.

The MIO doesn't seem to have GPS. The Fitbit Force I got does pretty much the same, for $129. But I am going to return it for the Nike watch.

The Garmin 310 also looks legit, but its huge and ugly, and I want something I can wear to dinner and stuff.

That's what bluetooth is for :thumbup The 410 is a pretty good looking watch compared the 310 but albeit more expensive.

Last edited:
I haven't tried any GPS watches and don't think I'd want to wear one while riding.

I've used many of the Garmin Edge GPS units and really like them. The new ones are getting to be a bit much, so I haven't upgraded in a few years.

I don't have a phone with those capabilities. And if I did, I would think using it in that manner may shorten it's life. The Garmin Edge products I've used have withstood some amazing abuse, and yes, I've broken some. I'd hate that to happen to my fancy phone.

east bay moutain bikers

who lives in the east bay and wants to ride mountain bikes sometime. cross country or some shuttle runs will be good. i have a truck for shuttle runs around here if you do to.

Back