• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Welp.. Snapped my rear Maxle yesterday.. Got real lucky that it happened at the end of the ride in a slow section..

gYXYlgC.jpg

[youtube]I2HtsMVrX9w[/youtube]

What did you do?
***edit***
Never mind, just saw the video

Last edited:
Putting together a new mtb. Still waiting on a few parts, but hope to get it done this week.

28562191011_28e76427f0_z.jpg

28610486951_9915aa566e_z.jpg

28106132523_50b072de82_z.jpg

Got some smooth-ish trails within riding distance from my house. Rigid with some good tubeless tires will be perfect for them. That and I'll do a couple CX races with it.

that bike is hot fire. :thumbup

see you out there at a couple CX races. I'll be doing some riding on the E coast this fall too.

That's a nice looking Ritchey!

I just placed an order for a new Trek Stache 9.8. I think it's going to be a ton of fun out here in the desert.

p5pb13789672.jpg

Finished my first actual "Pro" race today. It wasn't a USAC sanctioned event, so it doesn't count to anything. But I was racing against some of the Pro's I'll be racing against next year, so it gave me an idea of what to expect. I did an odd race in the pro class against some of these guys a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't a true XC event, and I was on my heavy trail bike, not my XC bike.

And I didn't finish last! 6th out of 7, but not last! I was about 12 minutes behind first, which really isn't that bad. And I was shy of 2 minutes behind 5th place, who I never saw after the race start (I don't like to start off hard). So I'm pretty happy with that, and now I have a good idea of what I am in for next season.

https://www.strava.com/activities/692736731

So I'm pretty happy with that, and now I have a good idea of what I am in for next season.

sounds like you can train it up in the off season, then jump back on the race bike and give em the shocker. :thumbup

I just placed an order for a new Trek Stache 9.8. I think it's going to be a ton of fun out here in the desert.

I would definitely do lots of stupid(fun) things on that. My hardtail as usual has been getting a neglected during the summer months. I've been riding a ton of park stuff on the DJ in-between trails. I even got in a few flips(flops) on the air bag last weekend. :laughing

I would definitely do lots of stupid(fun) things on that. My hardtail as usual has been getting a neglected during the summer months. I've been riding a ton of park stuff on the DJ in-between trails. I even got in a few flips(flops) on the air bag last weekend. :laughing

Pike + 3" tires + 420mm stays. Yea, it'll be stupid fun!

Post some vids of the dirt jumps and hitting the air bag!

I even got in a few flips(flops) on the air bag last weekend. :laughing

My fear of heights says that sounds awesome (and terrifying) :thumbup

I've heard good things about some of the knock off carbon components like the Light Bike wheels. Something I'll keep in mind in the future. Right now I have a great hook up on good bikes, so I'm trying not to buy bikes :D

Was messing around with the chesty. Here's a quickie around one of the big bowls at the local park.

[youtube]SovwGPel738[/youtube]

Dig that Manual action let get some pics of the bike pls! :thumbup

Currently riding a diety cryptkeeper. Just imagine a shopping cart with handlebars. It's on the the relaxed end for riding park stuff being a dirt jump specific frame but it does ok. The street version (streetsweeper) is much less forgiving.

u8DHuz1.jpg

Last edited:
They had the bag out today. :ride

[youtube]9JM01oeelv8&[/youtube]

Last edited:
Here's one of the other jump lines, and pump track.

[youtube]Eseb2wjrHTc[/youtube]

Last edited:
I don't know if my fear of heights would allow me to try the bag. But damn I would want to!

Back