• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

The jump for it is a pretty good kicker, you don't really have anywhere to go but up. :laughing The bag is pretty much no consequence unless you land on the bike, or it lands on you. (or you miss the bag entirely :wow ) If you pinn it everything will be ok. :thumbup

F&@#(*)(*&@#%%#

All pumped because my new Stache 9.8 arrived at fedex... they managed to crack the headtube during shipping

Attachments

• IMG_3406.jpg
    IMG_3406.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 67
suxxxx, looks mostly superficial? When my DH arrived from fedex it was poking out of the box.

Yea, the crack is all the way through the head tube. I insured the shipment, so I should in theory be able to get money back to buy a new frame... it's obvious it was done in shipping as the front corner was crushed. Heck, the bike box was stood up vertically when I picked it up from fedex, despite the big arrows saying not to do that!

IMG_3418-3 by nicholas dirienzo, on Flickr

Sadly, that is why I insure my bike parts too. FedEx temporarily lost my fork last year after I shipped it out for service.

Checked out this trail Thrillium that's nearby. I decided to just pedal it a couple times which ended up being brutal after blowing my load on the unexpectedly serious downhill. Forgot to grab some salt sticks and it was hot. Ended up in cramp city but managed to crawl it out. Great views though! (Mt. St. Helens on the right) I'll go back soon with the DH and Gopro. :thumbup

pKlw29G.jpg

Last edited:
That is the widest, stumpiest trail I have ever seen! Pretty though!!! (except the clear cut, but Oregon/Washington has LOTS)

Glad you were earning your downhills! climb on!

If anyone in SF Daly City Pacifica area wants to ride trails locally let me know. I like to go after work around 5:30ish

Took a pretty nice slam at the Skate park earlier this week, my body is very unhappy right now. :deadhorse

Got the woman to shuttle me at the the local trail I mentioned yesterday. Took the DH bike this time. I just built up new wheels for it and it needed a shake down. Nothing amazing, the chesty couldn't really hang with the chunky nature of this trail, and i'm still learning the features. I'm headed up to Whistler for a week so expect some footy from that. I'll get a helmet cam version of thrillium later on. I need a break before the trip for some recovery. :thumbup

[youtube]rWya0t2vCNQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
^^^top of the world is a blast. Hopefully its still open next week.

Well, this thing is rad! Going to go beat on it tomorrow. Need to order some olives and barbs to clean up that rats nest of a front end.

IMG_3392 by nicholas dirienzo, on Flickr

Back