• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Sorry, I mean I really need to learn :D

Ah, we can agree though that I wasn't whipping in this picture? It was more along the lines of racer esqe steeze. :ride

Day 5... felt great but still managed to torpedo the ground at end of the day.. I was riding this set of jumps earlier in the day in a bit of a tail wind and could clear them all without any pedals. I did a run later on in no wind and was moving way too slowly, tried it crank but was in the wrong gear, and couldn't stop because friend was behind me whom fortunately chickened out and didn't hit the jump. I nose cased hard which ejected me off the bike into a neat 25ft ninja turtle slide on my back/head.. :party

Here's his helmet cam.
[youtube]cgYMBge7bvQ[/youtube]

Ah, we can agree though that I wasn't whipping in this picture? It was more along the lines of racer esqe steeze. :ride

Day 5... felt great but still managed to torpedo the ground at end of the day.. I was riding this set of jumps earlier in the day in a bit of a tail wind and could clear them all without any pedals. I did a run later on in no wind and was moving way too slowly, tried it crank but was in the wrong gear, and couldn't stop because friend was behind me whom fortunately chickened out and didn't hit the jump. I nose cased hard which ejected me off the bike into a neat 25ft ninja turtle slide on my back/head.. :party

Here's his helmet cam.
[youtube]cgYMBge7bvQ[/youtube]

I think that is above my pay grade.

That Ritchey looks fantastic! Don't you want at least front suspension :teeth

What does it weigh?

Not light. Low 23lbs with sealant.

I need to get a working pressure gauge, but I'm probably running the front tire at like 15 psi. Can feel the rim touching down occasionally. Haven't damaged the tire yet though.

Whistler Day 3, still looking for my marbles.
http://i.imgur.com/eG0zhoY.jpg

Awesome.

Last edited:
2017 Fuel EX 9.9 frame. Hopefully this holds up better than the 2016. They're supposed to be burlier. The frame for sure is heavier. I hope that's all in extra carbon. I'm sure the extra 10mm of rear travel won't hurt either.

IMG_3430 by nicholas dirienzo, on Flickr

My cousin broke the derailleur hanger off the Enduro up at Jackson Demonstration yesterday, so I'm stuck riding the Demo this weekend. I'll be gooning around Pacifica with the Fiancee tomorrow if anybody wants to say hi.

2017 Fuel EX 9.9 frame. Hopefully this holds up better than the 2016. They're supposed to be burlier. The frame for sure is heavier. I hope that's all in extra carbon. I'm sure the extra 10mm of rear travel won't hurt either.

https://flic.kr/p/MVQ85UIMG_3430 by nicholas dirienzo, on Flickr

I'd schralp it, hopefully v 2.0 proves to be more robust. :thumbup

Got off my sore ass and went for a tool. It was moist but loamy, and will probably be soupy soon. :party

KQ3OG5n.jpg

After breaking my collarbone and puncturing my lung 5 weeks ago it was really good to get out and ride today!

Attachments

• IMG_4072.JPG
    IMG_4072.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 73
i finally finished building my chiner 29er. going to take it out to foresthill divide in auburn this sunday and go wallow in the mud for the afternoon

S45iECwh.jpg

What's it weigh?

the scale i weighed it with was a little wonky. probably off by about one or two lbs, but its around 25lbs. i will also be able to get the weight down with some new wheels, as these ones are heavy as hell. the frame is really well built for what it is. i cant wait to give it some thrashing

Back