• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I don't care.
I'm headed out for the eve.
Call me or post suggestions.
Later.

925 330 4820

MTB purchase

Waahh!! my Tomac Giant's been stolen, & I wanna ride....

I'm hot to buy a [approx 19"] Specialized/Trek/Jamis/other LX/XT-equipped pedal bike - anyone connected?

anyone know there way around chabot and can post a route?

wanna head there tomorrow.

thanks!

Chabot is a snooze compared to what we normally do. All fireroads, all the time. The only singletrack there is off-limits to bikes.

http://www.ebparks.org/parks/anchabot.htm#Map

That being said, I used to start on Lake Chabot road, and do this loop counterclockwise:

1653318-anchabot.gif

Whoops. Should have cropped that.

Jeff - if you're looking for a good trainer, I think Coyote Hills might one of the best places around for ya. Especially considering it's in Fremont.

Park over by the industrial park across the 84 off of Paseo Padre, then follow the frontage road to the Dumbarton toll booth. Cross the dumbarton then follow the trail inland, cutting across the park to the creek on the far side.

Up and over all three hills. Second hill is a bitch. Second ridge on the second hill has a short singletrack drop to the left, with a little jump. Bomb the jump, then drop in on the singletrack back to the fireroad. Follow the paved trail to the right, and head up the paved climb to the third hill.

You'll see some singletrack branching off to the right, around the police firing range / staging area. Take it, if you think your tires can deal with a few thistles. I'm tubeless, so it's not a problem :)

There will be a short "wall" of a climb at the end of this, taking you back to the paved road. Gather some speed up and scale it, if you can.

Climb the paved road another 50 feet and take the singletrack to the right, around the radio tower. Keep going until the trail turns into a long, steep, loose singletrack descent, back down to the fire trail on the waterfront.

Back over the toll booth, then to your parking area. Hit the BMX jumps a few times - consider it your reward!

1653457-coyote.gif

Just found this on the mtbr forums - the Barbie cruiser tackles Clementine!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=89052

The girl who rode this loop (1000 foot climb - Joe and I did it when we were in Auburn) is a serious studette. I guess ehs does a lot of singlespeed stuff, and has a pretty rugged DH rig too. Supposedly she bombed right past some freeriders on FS bikes on one section of trail, with jumps built into rocky, rutted singletrack.

Imagine some gal with a little schoolgirl skirt ripping past you on this singlespeed, full rigid beast with coaster brakes and a floral tread pattern on her tires. Bad ass!

1653472-mairin.jpg

MrCrash907 said:
Whoops. Should have cropped that.

Jeff - if you're looking for a good trainer, I think Coyote Hills might one of the best places around for ya. Especially considering it's in Fremont.

Park over by the industrial park across the 84 off of Paseo Padre, then follow the frontage road to the Dumbarton toll booth. Cross the dumbarton then follow the trail inland, cutting across the park to the creek on the far side.

Up and over all three hills. Second hill is a bitch. Second ridge on the second hill has a short singletrack drop to the left, with a little jump. Bomb the jump, then drop in on the singletrack back to the fireroad. Follow the paved trail to the right, and head up the paved climb to the third hill.

You'll see some singletrack branching off to the right, around the police firing range / staging area. Take it, if you think your tires can deal with a few thistles. I'm tubeless, so it's not a problem :)

There will be a short "wall" of a climb at the end of this, taking you back to the paved road. Gather some speed up and scale it, if you can.

Climb the paved road another 50 feet and take the singletrack to the right, around the radio tower. Keep going until the trail turns into a long, steep, loose singletrack descent, back down to the fire trail on the waterfront.

Back over the toll booth, then to your parking area. Hit the BMX jumps a few times - consider it your reward!

1653457-coyote.gif

Just checking to see if this is right

1653541-1653457-coyote_copy.gif

Planning process for Sierra Azul OSP Apr. 4 6:30pm

Got this from a mailing list I'm on. Thought some of you guys might be interested.

Trailworkers

MROSD is starting the planning process for Sierra Azul, which contains
the Kennedy, Overgrown, Dogmeat, and Woods Trails, as well as others.
This master plan will live about 20 years and will govern all use of
this preserve. We need to be present at the planning meetings to make
sure we maintain access to these trails, and get an opportunity to expand
the trail system. One Sierra Azul trail I would most like to see open
is Rattlesnake which drops from Loma Prieta to Highland at the Soquel
Demonstration State Forest.

Shoot an email back to me at charles@trailheadcyclery.com to let me
know if you can make the meeting on April 4. We can try to arrange a
carpool if that helps.

Thanks

Charles

See below:

PUBLIC WORKSHOP NOTICE
The Sierra Azul - Bear Creek Redwoods Master Plan project's first
public workshop is scheduled for Monday, April 4th at 6:30 p.m. It will be
held at the Los Gatos Neighborhood Center located at 208 East Main
Street near downtown Los Gatos and across from the Civic Center. The
workshop will introduce the public to the planning process, provide an
overview of the key natural and cultural resources and current recreational
opportunities at these two Preserves, and provide a forum to identify
topics of exploration for the planning process. Please join us! For more
project information, please review the attached project newsletter and
visit the District's project website
(http://www.openspace.org/plans_projects/sierra_azul_bear_creek_mp.asp).

If you have any questions, please feel free to call Ana Ruiz, project
planner, at (650) 691-1200 or email at masterplan@openspace.org.

Ana Ruiz
Open Space Planner II
Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
330 Distel Circle
Los Altos, CA 94022
(650) 691-1200
(650) 691-0485 (FAX)
www.openspace.org

Crash and I are hitting C-Camp on Saturday morning. Not sure exactly what time yet.

Anyone else in???

Man, I havent rode in a loong minute. After this AFM weekend, hit me up, with the weather getting better I'm ready to hit the trails again!!!

Harpo said:
Crash and I are hitting C-Camp on Saturday morning. Not sure exactly what time yet.

Anyone else in???

Aren't you guys going to be at AFM this weekend? Usually mike is there, ya?

I'm 90% sure I'm riding in the morning then driving down after that.

JnglstTICAL said:
um, you should be there too....sell-out!! :twofinger :twofinger

I'll be there in spirit with the other JngsTICAL fanatics rooting you on...!!!

1657645-testical.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I'm riding Water Dog tonight, be at the fire trail gate about 5:30.

Anyone up for a little rain ride? cold and wet for an hour or so, anyone?

Back