• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

squidhunter said:
UCSC ride Saturday.
Let me be your guide through some of the best unknown, unmarked, forested, kick-ass, stunt-studed, single-track Santa Cruz has to offer.
Too bad I'm working. I'd love to go.

You do know it's supposed to piss it down all weekend. :(

Just did the China Camp loop after work. :teeth Much better during the week. If I passed 5 people that was a lot. God I love that loop :thumbup

squidhunter said:
UCSC ride Saturday.
Let me be your guide through some of the best unknown, unmarked, forested, kick-ass, stunt-studed, single-track Santa Cruz has to offer.

some of the best trails i have ever rode are there but, arent they off limits to bikes? they use to give out tickets and take bikes.

Never heard or seen anything that would make me think UCSC is off limits. I've never even seen a ranger there, now that I think about it. None of the trails are marked, and some of them go into surounding state parks, which is definatly off limits to bikes, maybe thats where the tickets are issued?

yeah, thats it. they had a big crack down but, it was a few years back. there are some sick trails there with easy climbs, tons of jumps and very steep singletrack drops.

jroymcd said:
yeah, thats it. they had a big crack down but, it was a few years back. there are some sick trails there with easy climbs, tons of jumps and very steep singletrack drops.
Mmmmmm, single track drops! Count me, ................... OUT:wow Sorry, I'm a pussy these days. :banana :banana

Weateher looks really grim today and based on the forecast - it's gonna get ugly.

Squidhunter- if the rain ruins your plans... and you're still itchin to ride.. CC holds up well under the rain.

Rain or Shine I'm still up for it... so let me know.

It looks like its gonna piss on us all weekend:(
I'm not a big fan of riding in the rain, so I vote for moving the UCSC ride to next weekend if the weather cooperates.
Harpo, you've gotta ride this place, I only know of one drop that is unridable on my 3.5" travel XC bike, and Imma pussy, most of the trail is smooth, very fast, and a ton of fun.
I actually perfer UCSC over Demo, but just by a bit. I've been riding UCSC all last season, and I find new trails, cutoffs, and other cool stuff everytime I go there. Its worth the trip for all you north and east bay riders.:thumbup

squidhunter said:
It looks like its gonna piss on us all weekend:(
I'm not a big fan of riding in the rain, so I vote for moving the UCSC ride to next weekend if the weather cooperates.
Harpo, you've gotta ride this place, I only know of one drop that is unridable on my 3.5" travel XC bike, and Imma pussy, most of the trail is smooth, very fast, and a ton of fun.
I actually perfer UCSC over Demo, but just by a bit. I've been riding UCSC all last season, and I find new trails, cutoffs, and other cool stuff everytime I go there. Its worth the trip for all you north and east bay riders.:thumbup
I'm in! :thumbup
I've got a few busy weekends from now through May but other than that we should be able too hook up. I'm definitely down for riding some different areas. :teeth

i finally got out to china camp for the first time... :teeth! not sure if i took the right trail or not but i still had a blast. i think we were going in the opposite direction of everyone else. hahahah we then turned around after the 15th person starts coming toward us in the opposite direction :laughing.

there was a lot of easy climb but going down.... :teeth. boooo me if you want but i am enjoying this more than trackdays (i wasn't pretty good at it but...) .

it's pretty much free except for the gas you spend going out there and food.

and I have never been to China Camp...

fried_tofu said:
boooo me if you want but i am enjoying this more than trackdays (i wasn't pretty good at it but...) .

No booos coming from me. I love riding my MC, but nowadays, given the choice between riding the MC and the MB, I'll usually opt to hit the trails. The thill of going flat out is still there on the MB, but its legal, and actually healthy (unless you crash).

fried_tofu said:
boooo me if you want but i am enjoying this more than trackdays (i wasn't pretty good at it but...) .
Harpo and I agreed that Lawndale @ Annadel is at least as much fun as any trackday we've done recently :)

MrCrash907 said:
Harpo and I agreed that Lawndale @ Annadel is at least as much fun as any trackday we've done recently :)
:thumbup
Yup! Mt. Bikin' on good terrain is the "Cat's Ass";)

All this shitty weather should equate to pretty good snow conditions (except for visibility) in Tahoe this weekend. :banana :banana :banana

I've been wanting to check out UCSC since squidhunter's been vouching for it. I'll be in Seattle -- BC next weekend. How about a UCSC ride sometime after that? :banana :banana :banana

MrCrash907 said:

lawndale @ annadel... i'm curious now.

:confused

Yeah riddings cool

Yeah singletrack is cool but what about fireroads and going downhill fast?

1638602-sc_vpfree.jpg

Back