• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I went on Saturday to watch a buddy do the downhill. Beautiful day, great event.

There was a blind guy trying to qualify for the downhill final. Seriously. He had a buddy riding in front of him, giving him directions and line shouts. It was unreal!

kiltwearinfool said:

There was a blind guy trying to qualify for the downhill final. Seriously. He had a buddy riding in front of him, giving him directions and line shouts. It was unreal!

God bless him it's more than I did this weekend.

Maybe next year, but that's what I said last year.

Oh well :nerd

My buddy made 8th place in the DH race, woulda done better had his deraileur not broken. I'm bummed, this is the first time in three years I couldnt make it to the otter.
Last year I crashed on the DH race and almost broke my hip (at the ripe old age of 16) instead I just tore a muscle up real bad and walked with a cane for 2 months. But at least I can say I finished the race, then I blacked out...

Picked this off of mtbr.com:

Trek Demo Day is April 23rd from 10-4 in the parking lot on Channel Drive. Trek bikes will be available for extended test rides. Come ride the bike of your dreams. Road bikes will be: Madone, Pilot, Zurich, 2300, and Pilot WSD. Full suspension mountain bikes will be Top Fuel, Liquid 55, Fuel EX, Gary Fisher Cake, and Cake Genesister full suspension mountain bikes.

Please bring your drivers licence, helmet, water bottle, cycling shoes, and clipless pedals (if you have them).
For questions, please contact
the Bike Peddler at 571-2428 or
NorCal Bike Sport 573-0112.
See ya there!!!

kiltwearinfool said:
I went on Saturday to watch a buddy do the downhill. Beautiful day, great event.

no way

are there any other trails (not paved roads) close by like china camp around san francisco? i prefer a trail that is close and long. TIA

but yeah, i think i saw harpo at china camp on the 16th (sat) around 930 railing it. wanted to say wassup but you took off so fast!!! :laughing

Last edited:
kiltwearinfool said:
Angel Island is about the only other thing that's as close as CC.

Butch: Way!

NFW!

NO WAY!!!

Hey, if I can fit my rack on the RX7, let's do a Skeggs ride after work!

fried_tofu said:
are there any other trails (not paved roads) close by like china camp around san francisco? i prefer a trail that is close and long. TIA

but yeah, i think i saw harpo at china camp on the 16th (sat) around 930 railing it. wanted to say wassup but you took off so fast!!! :laughing
Yea Dude!! Probably was me. I got in, I rode, I got out :teeth

Saratoga Gap - Sunday April 23 10AM

Me and FlyRice will be at the Gap doing the loop. If interested - meet at 4-corners @ 10am Sunday.

Loop - ride through gap, long ridge, peter's creek, table, gap, back to 4 corners.

Last edited:
Any one up for some Downhilling?

Some of the Ski Resorts in Tahoe open up in the summer for Mountain Bike Riders. Bascaally they take you up, You ride down, repeat.. Its cool.. Also Looking to Do Downey Ville this year Any body up for that?? 1.h hour Down hill..

Re: Saratoga Gap - Sunday April 23 10AM

I used to ride this area regularly a couple of years back. The rangers would occasionally set up their radar just around a blind corner on Peter's Creek.

Have you seen radar enforcement there (or Monte Bello/Steven's Canyon/White Oak) recently?

==Mark==

MassiveAttack said:
Me and FlyRice will be at the Gap doing the loop. If interested - meet at 4-corners @ 10am Sunday.

Loop - ride through gap, long ridge, peter's creek, table, gap, back to 4 corners.

Welp, another great track-day down in the record books. Thunderhill, new smooth pavement, sunshine, blue sky, 75+degree weather, an awesome track-bike ............. and the only thing that really SUCKED A$$ was that I'd have rather been mtn. bikin'

What the F@$# is wrong with me??:wtf

Harpo said:
Welp, another great track-day down in the record books. Thunderhill, new smooth pavement, sunshine, blue sky, 75+degree weather, an awesome track-bike ............. and the only thing that really SUCKED A$$ was that I'd have rather been mtn. bikin'

What the F@$# is wrong with me??:wtf

too many hobbies. and good ones too. Sportbike, dirtbike, roadbike, mtn bike, rollerblade, skateboard, waterski, jetski, wakeboard, hike, rockclimb, surf, sail, windsurf, kiteboard, scuba...

it's really fucked up, isn't it? we're just screwed...

Re: Any one up for some Downhilling?

CrazyChris said:
Some of the Ski Resorts in Tahoe open up in the summer for Mountain Bike Riders. Bascaally they take you up, You ride down, repeat.. Its cool.. Also Looking to Do Downey Ville this year Any body up for that?? 1.h hour Down hill..
I'm in for Downielle. I just finished my FS bike last week. and I'm ridding Carquinez straits park 2 times a week. Once I get my legs & Lungs back I will join you guys for one of Harpo's superman rides!

Last edited:
Back