• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

EC70 said:
North Star is a lot of fun see you there :teeth

1812108-jump1.jpg

I'm looking at the following dates for Northstar:

June 26th
July 9th

For me, everything else for the next month and a half has some sort of schedule conflict going on. Anyone else interested in going?

MotoGP will be at Laguna in 7/ 8-10th will be at the races

Last edited:
Whoops, I forgot to put MotoGP on my calendar. Thanks for reminding me :)

So, we're tenatively looking at the 26th. Harpo says it's a "no go" for him. Tical wanted to go, but I hadn't thrown any solid dates at him yet. Tony? Anyone else?

What sorts of trails are you guys capable of doing? Last time I was there, I was able to do all the single black diamonds I tried, and the easiest parts of the double blacks.

I'll be taking my Cannondale Jekyll 800.

I tried to rent a full suspension when I was there last and got half way down the hill when the little plastic piston for the rear brake lever fell out and lost back brakes all together.
Not something you want to happen I found out, it makes the hill a little more exciting than I like, so I brought the bike back to the shop. They could not fix it and the were no other bikes to swap out and that was the end of that. So I went back to what works.
But I did manage to have some fun on it.:teeth

1827146-bigdrop.jpg

Last edited:
I've used those Avid cable brakes on my bike and have had zero problems with them. That was the 1st time trying Hayes hydraulic ones, not too impressed.

1827155-bigdrop2.jpg

Last edited:
I tell you guys it going to be a great summer, I'll see you up there on the 26th and might even enter the DH race on this MO FO.

It looks like I'll be free to head on out there myself :teeth. I even picked up some elbow armour earlier

Couldn't find any knee/shin armour that I liked, does anyone have any suggestions?

Supergo has a decent selection of armour, and the prices are the best I've been able to find so far.
I can't really recommend anything in particular, just try some stuff on and buy what works for you the best.
One thing I will reccomend is to get armour that you will be able to strap to your camelback easily. Long climbs while wearing armour is teh suk mate!!!1111

was just there yesterday and they only had some fox armour. It looked really cool but the straps just below the knee caused one of my tendons to feel like it was popping with each pedal stroke. I played with the straps but couldn't make it work.

I'll just hit up cycle gear later and check out their selection

I've been running around trying on all the helmets I can find - but is there a bicycle helmet with the same fit as the Arai Signet?
All the bike helmets I can find seem to be for round heads, and the size that's long enough for my head leave huge gaps on the side :cry

So who's going this weekend and what is the agenda?

... and what kind of bike are you going to ride? xc, dh or ht?

Is there any ride or gettogether this weekend? I'm up for a ride either Sat morning or some time Sunday.

Apologies to everyone who was hoping for a Northstar trip - it just sort of disintegrated at the last minute. It's going to happen this summer!

As for this weekend, I'll probably do a quick stint at China Camp or Tamarancho on my GT, as my Cannondale is still in the shop. When I get the Cannondale back in my hands, things will start happening again.

Should be a good summer :)

Back