• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

I still don't get why more bicyclists don't use hydration packs on casual/fitness rides. No fumbling around for bottles, and it's a good place to stash the keys and wallet and phone.

Peer pressure/fashion, it's certainly not logic. :laughing

Vintage Ultegra Tri Color 8 speed STI groupo + wheels for sale

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7671706#post7671706

DSC_7973.JPG

Lordy, with all of the 30-40mph descending I've been doing with a hydration pack on, I'm just happy to be here.

I bought a 'cross bike with a cheap frame but decent components, in good time for the rain. The Ultegra brakes that TAKS put on my Focus are the best rim brakes I've had, but even so - I just can't beat the feel of decent disc brakes, particularly in the rain.

t8qd1s.jpg

Lordy, with all of the 30-40mph descending I've been doing with a hydration pack on, I'm just happy to be here.

I bought a 'cross bike with a cheap frame but decent components, in good time for the rain. The Ultegra brakes that TAKS put on my Focus are the best rim brakes I've had, but even so - I just can't beat the feel of decent disc brakes, particularly in the rain.

t8qd1s.jpg

Is that a mountain bike frame?

I did a crit once with carbon rims. The course had a short descent with a 90 degree right hander. Jebus that was scary as hell. Doing a track day at Sears point in monsoon was less scary, or suicidal. :laughing

Your sig is making the Bad Horse phone message stick in my head.

:laughing

Went for a ride this morning, it was a tad wet. By which I mean running water few inches deep in places, with one memorable spot probably half a foot deep. :laughing

We just waited for the afternoon - it made a fair bit of difference! The Radio Road descent was still a maze of fallen branches and road rivers, though.

I'm riding the 'cross bike a lot on the theory that it'll make me faster on the Focus... also on the theory that it is still really muddy out there. I do really like disc brakes.

10z2zdj.jpg

Thoughts on windproof cycling gloves to bike and run in?

Have a brand I should check out?

All the ones I tried, including CRAFT Siberian (yeah right), sucked in that department. Just picked up some Northface generic gloves at REI. Will see how they fair. Actually that's my advice. Get some regular warm glove that are not too bulky, and put a summer cycling gloves over them. For when you need to wipe the crap off the wheels, etc.

So I work at a bike shop in SF...

We carry a number of different brands one of which is Pinarello who we will no longer be carrying. Just not our customer demographic. A manager from long ago ordered a bunch and we have not been able to move them so Ive been given the go ahead to offer these at cost as the owners just want their investment back now.

Soooo I cant post up the details openly but please message me if you are truly interested in a high end carbon road bike. Keep in mind these are the Aprilla/Benellis of the Italian bicycling world. Even at cost these bikes are not cheap. If you are a road biker and serious about buying a high end bike already here is a chance to get some serious carbon bling on the "cheap".

I would advise that you do some research and decide if Pinarellos are even a brand you would be interested in. There are only 5 here from small to larger sizes all 2011 or 12 models.

This is not spam I was told to move these at cost and where better to find people interested in high priced 2 wheeled Italian machinery than Barf. I haven't bothered to read the posting rules for a few years so if I'm violating them I'm sure I'll get spanked but I'm hourly not on commission so I get nothing out of this other than to brag I moved a bunch of old stock if people actually buy some of these.

Cheers

how much are we talking here? pics? details? i am looking to replace my fuji. pm me if you want, i am in the market.

Zerox, since TAKs is not here I'll say it for him, remove the dork disk. :twofinger

Heh, we actually ran into TAKS at the Woodside intersection on Sunday. :laughing Another training ride on the 'cross bike.

Attachments

• WP_20130120_004.jpg
    WP_20130120_004.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 75
  • WP_20130120_001.jpg
    WP_20130120_001.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 77
how much are we talking here? pics? details? i am looking to replace my fuji. pm me if you want, i am in the market.[/QUOTE

If you look up Pinarello you will see they are definitely boutique bikes. They are works of art as much as performance machines so they are considerably more expensive than a high end production brand like Trek even with the same components so if you are only looking for a functional bike then you could spend about the same retail as you would cost on one of these. These are definitely for those who want to stand out.

Like I said we only have a few and the only price hint Ill give openly is that even the least expensive of the lot is over $2000.

PM me with your size and ill tell you what we have that might work for you

Back