• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Ah, GL.
Couple of my friends are doing olympic and sprint distances there.
Is there actually enough water for a swim? :laughing

Seriously, no joke. We got here yesterday and looked down at the lake bed from the visitors center at the top of Lynch and was shocked. The lake is seriously almost gone. And I heard that if the race was one month later, there would not be enough water to swim in.

So much want! :drool Aiming for a July or so secure date. :thumbup

d8tn7.jpg

Not a big fan of proprietary seat posts, or for that matter headsets.

Not a big fan of proprietary seat posts, or for that matter headsets.

exactly ...... another FYI to any barf riders that like to go fast in large packs of hammerheads . The port ride is every tue. night starting around 5ish & going till 7:30ish . The only barf person Im aware of is Mike solis " mr crash " . Who has been paying his suffer dues :cool .

Attachments

• 532732_3585090378159_1371947000_n.jpg
    532732_3585090378159_1371947000_n.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 77
Too far from me. Kind of sad I didn't do it when I went to CAL.

Seriously, no joke. We got here yesterday and looked down at the lake bed from the visitors center at the top of Lynch and was shocked. The lake is seriously almost gone. And I heard that if the race was one month later, there would not be enough water to swim in.
This is it. The actual swim was two miles to the right. (You can see the participants off in the distance)

Attachments

• 20140504_103748.jpg
    20140504_103748.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 83
This is it. The actual swim was two miles to the right. (You can see the participants off in the distance)

How did you do?

I got 6th in group in the MTB, was hoping for a podium (next year). And I missed my swim wave Sunday and started 25 minutes late, but otherwise a fantastic race for me. Definitely a confidence boost coming out of the water and shocked by my swim time (about 10 minutes faster then expected) and then only getting passed by two bikes in 25 miles :D

Until it breaks after it runs out...

Like my HP laptop did once. :(:mad

I wonder just how/where it broke? Are you not supposed to lightly grease it (or use dry lube) where it slips into the seat tube? Or maybe the owner simply cranked on the seat rail bolts too hard? :dunno

Last edited:
Like my HP laptop did once. :(:mad

I wonder just how/where it broke? Are you not supposed to lightly grease it (or use dry lube) where it slips into the seat tube? Or maybe the owner simply cranked on the seat rail bolts too hard? :dunno

Aluminum seat posts for the win. :laughing
Personally I just don't trust carbon seat posts and handlebars.

Yep, Modesto. Last time I did that particular one was 6 years ago and result was fractured wrist. It turned out better this time around. :laughing

Much better! Fractured wrist sounds crappy. I'm guessing you get a bunch of upgrade points?

Some guy in an ill fitting, flapping neon jersey passed me coming down frontside 9 today, right now that's as close as I'll come to racing. :laughing

4 points, 6 to go. :teeth

I hope you are healing well.

Last edited:
Back