• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Got a spare tube in there, a Park Tool multi-tool, tire repair kit with patches, and enough space left over for my glove liners and some ShotBlox. Also a blinky light on the back of the pack too. :teeth

... and a freezer with a dead hooker. :twofinger

In all seriousness congrats on new ride, enjoy it! :)

bored with the rain, so i bought some new wheels for the fuji. i got an awesome deal on them too. basically brand new for 500 bucks! now the cyclocross commuter gets the mavic wheels.

20140209_004709_LLS_zpssdkbcqci.jpg

20140209_004614_LLS_zpsohhpgywa.jpg

bored with the rain, so i bought some new wheels for the fuji. i got an awesome deal on them too. basically brand new for 500 bucks! now the cyclocross commuter gets the mavic wheels.

20140209_004709_LLS_zpssdkbcqci.jpg

20140209_004614_LLS_zpsohhpgywa.jpg

I had a Fuji team issue like that one. Really liked it.

I had a Fuji team issue like that one. Really liked it.

yea, its my first carbon bike and i love it. ive always ridden steel or aluminum but now its really difficult to go back to those materials. i am slowly becoming a weight weenie :teeth

So who's part of the Strava barf group? And who's who on there?

I'm the slow guy. :spam

i didnt even know there was one. going to look for it now.

Bling, Bling. Are you going to race that bad boy?

i really really want to, but i dont think i am going to have time this year with school and work kicking my ass. my original plan was to start training with the sf state team but school has taken away the majority of my free time.

My ortho gave me the 'official' clear to ride my bike two weeks ago, and on Saturday I did the first multisport of the year (the South Bay duathlon). I got my first first-overall-women's, so I'm quite happy.

Also, I've lightened up my commuter. Not in the performance sense of the word, but in the 'hope the cagers see me' sense. I got this front light, and considering its compact size and USB recharge, it's just amazing. The day flash mode really catches the eye, even in bright sunlight.

I also got the Topeak iGlow fender. The light isn't very bright on sunny days, but the long fender flash is striking on overcast/rainy days and at night. And it does its fender job in preventing the buttstripe.

2pqw3rp.jpg

My ortho gave me the 'official' clear to ride my bike two weeks ago, and on Saturday I did the first multisport of the year (the South Bay duathlon). I got my first first-overall-women's, so I'm quite happy.

Also, I've lightened up my commuter. Not in the performance sense of the word, but in the 'hope the cagers see me' sense. I got this front light, and considering its compact size and USB recharge, it's just amazing. The day flash mode really catches the eye, even in bright sunlight.

I also got the Topeak iGlow fender. The light isn't very bright on sunny days, but the long fender flash is striking on overcast/rainy days and at night. And it does its fender job in preventing the buttstripe.

2pqw3rp.jpg

Awesome. I finally went on the road (almost 3 months after injury) last week. My ortho is kind of anti-cyclist but said I was ok as long as I wasn't having pain. Kind of overdid it by going on a med paced group ride, but it felt good.

Kind of crazy you did a race right after you were cleared to ride, no?

Seems like you got lights as soon as it is light super late. I bought some cheapy $8 light and decided it sucks, but it's better than nothing. :p

Man you guys, and gals, with your fancy shmancy GPS computers and strava.

I always went by it's not how fast you are, but how fast you look. :teeth

My precioussss in race trim
8zLYtFY.jpg

Back