• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Dunno, I just incision some driver looking at it getting pissed off and running me over. There is a lot of crazy behind the wheel.

Or this.....
image.jpg

Love making nicks? I don't that would print out well on a jersey. Besides the barf salute would look out of place with the rest of that.

Sports Basement legit? They seem to be just a typical chain store but they had not one but two AR5's in stock when I stopped by the Campbell location yesterday, and they also have free fitting (applicable only to store-bought bikes that is).

bargain bin at sports basement in the presidio is awesome. ive found so much shit there that was cheaper than buying from UK websites. never bought a full bike from there tho.

anyone going to laguna seca this month on the 22nd for the twilight cycling? ill be there with some homies. come find me. ill be in a sac state kit.

Sports Basement legit? They seem to be just a typical chain store but they had not one but two AR5's in stock when I stopped by the Campbell location yesterday, and they also have free fitting (applicable only to store-bought bikes that is).

They have really good prices on complete bikes when they go on sale plus you get 10 % off if you're a gym member or Costco member which is nice. Every time I go there I want to buy a supersix.

anyone going to laguna seca this month on the 22nd for the twilight cycling? ill be there with some homies. come find me. ill be in a sac state kit.

I was actually there few weeks ago. Was doing track day, and as we were leaving all the spandex peeps started to show up. :laughing If I remembered would have brought my road bike and stayed.

I keep meaning to go, but the thought of slogging through that traffic just depresses me.

yeah that traffic going into monterey at any angle is fucked. im not looking forward to sitting through that, but hey, it will probably be the cheapest track day you'll ever do at laguna haha.

I was actually there few weeks ago. Was doing track day, and as we were leaving all the spandex peeps started to show up. :laughing If I remembered would have brought my road bike and stayed.

I keep meaning to go, but the thought of slogging through that traffic just depresses me.

I went once and it wasn't that fun. Maybe if they are doing a crit, but no way if the crit involves that climb. I mean blasting down the corkscrew at full tuck is cool but after a while I was pretty bored. Maybe if they had like a group ride type deal but the hill was the great equalizer.

How's your season going? I fractured my pelvis at the track and I'm done racing for the year (missed masters track districts or whatever it's called :( ) but I think I'll be back riding in a month or so.

I went once and it wasn't that fun. Maybe if they are doing a crit, but no way if the crit involves that climb. I mean blasting down the corkscrew at full tuck is cool but after a while I was pretty bored. Maybe if they had like a group ride type deal but the hill was the great equalizer.

How's your season going? I fractured my pelvis at the track and I'm done racing for the year (missed masters track districts or whatever it's called :( ) but I think I'll be back riding in a month or so.

Ouch man. Sorry to hear that. Brings back memories...

It's going OK. If they count all my upgrade points from 2012 I have 23 now. So can upgrade to 3s. No real point in doing it at the moment, since all upcoming races have 3/4 anyway. I'll do it before my last race at end of July. Just so I can start next season in 3s.

I was hoping to podium at Davis crit, but some junior went down right in front of me on last corner. :| Stayed up, but had to unclip and stop. Still did not finish last. :laughing

They have really good prices on complete bikes when they go on sale plus you get 10 % off if you're a gym member or Costco member which is nice. Every time I go there I want to buy a supersix.

Costco you say? :teeth

(Digs membership card out of wallet)

I'm an LBS type of person. I prefer to go to my small local shop when I can.

That said, I have bought some stuff from a bargain bin when they were at Wildflower a couple years ago. Everything is $20, including the $280 Tyr tri suit and $180 2XU tri suit :wow

We were going to take a half day to go before WSBK, but now it's listed as the Wed after WSBK. Forget that.

We went one year when it was the Wed right before MotoGP, and saw a few AMA guys riding out there (including Tommy Aquino, sad to look at that pic now). Then Colin Edwards wandered out with his kids, and we chatted with him. Great experience, worth the traffic. :)

Gonna post on a Bike forum but figured I'd ask here first.

Buddy wants to bring bikes on a road trip north and bike crater lake. I have a dedicated road bike with Clipless pedals and shoes, would make walking around town tuough but the ride easy. I also have a commute bike like below, heavier, with pedal cages to use any shoes, also have a rack and fold out panniers.

Is that gonna be brutal to bike 30+ on the commuter especially if my buddy has a road bike with spd pedals and hybrid walking/cycling shoes.

RA13_Misceo-2p0_mattedksilver.jpg

Gonna post on a Bike forum but figured I'd ask here first.

Buddy wants to bring bikes on a road trip north and bike crater lake. I have a dedicated road bike with Clipless pedals and shoes, would make walking around town tuough but the ride easy. I also have a commute bike like below, heavier, with pedal cages to use any shoes, also have a rack and fold out panniers.

Is that gonna be brutal to bike 30+ on the commuter especially if my buddy has a road bike with spd pedals and hybrid walking/cycling shoes.

RA13_Misceo-2p0_mattedksilver.jpg

Just use mountain shoes or swap the pedals on your road bike to the cages. Or you can bring sandals/floppy flips with you and swap if you're walking a bunch

Hybrids suck for more than riding to the store or short commutes.

Taking flip flops would be the best. I have SPD pedals and spin class shoes but really are the best for walking around.

Back