• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Boom. I am so grateful for a teammate, who got first, for pulling my ass to the finish line. It was intense. Almost blew it when I got stuck between gears on final sprint. I would have been very disappointed if that happened.

Congrats!!! Nice job. You going for more wins as a 4 or upgrade time?

Congrats!!! Nice job. You going for more wins as a 4 or upgrade time?

Thanks. :thumbup

If they count all my points going to upgrade are after 4th of July crit. I am not racing next week, and want to help teammates in that one (if anyone will be racing).

Boom. I am so grateful for a teammate, who got first, for pulling my ass to the finish line. It was intense. Almost blew it when I got stuck between gears on final sprint. I would have been very disappointed if that happened.

Awesome. The view from the podium is always better.

Got in a nice 60 miler the other day. Infrastructure in Japan is pretty crazy. If you look at the strava, ever sharp spike is where there's a tunnel. Some of them were a mile long, and this was for some seemingly low traffic road. Actual elevation gain was 3500', but strava corrected for all the tunnels by thinking I went up and over the hill, not through it.

https://www.strava.com/activities/329629603

Riding over Jozankei Dam and Lake Sapporo

IMG_1214-2-XL.jpg

Straggler

IMG_1227-3-XL.jpg

Crazy loop bridge thing. Pretty fun riding down

IMG_1232-3-XL.jpg

Wow that looks gorgeous! I was thinking of going to Japan next year. Will have to ping you about it.

finally found some time to ride in the AM, before it gets hotter than satan's anus, 1/2 mile into my ride and this happens. took the walk of shame back home instead of using up a c02 cartridge.

11267360_1619256728312280_784759343_n.jpg

Ouch, but hey good choice in the tire. :thumbup

I usually carry a CO2 cartridge and a small frame pump.
I really like this one, and it's on sale. :thumbup

i just carry 2 c02 cartridges. i have the planet bike one with the valve on it. works awesomely and ive never needed a frame pump. plus, they are so awkward to carry.

Well, at least you were close to home! A friend got 3 flats the other day. That's a bad day. And I'm guessing less then 20 miles.

I've got a similar Lezyne pump in the saddlebag of my TT, I save the CO2 for races only to save money (pump used to be on my commuter).

I for a HUGE Cannondale 2 stage frame pump on the commuter (where weight doesn't matter). It will air up the 38mm tires in a couple of minutes to full "hand gauge" pressure.

The MTB has a mini pump on the frame for a little air (I only run about 25 psi). I carry a CO2 in case I need to set a bead (tubeless).

the shitty thing is that ive gone almost a year and a half without a flat and now, within the past week, this is my 3rd flat. weird how the law of averages always catches up to you

Yep it does. Lol. Also if you mention you haven't had a flat in a while it is pretty much a guarantee you will get one. :laughing

the shitty thing is that ive gone almost a year and a half without a flat and now, within the past week, this is my 3rd flat. weird how the law of averages always catches up to you

My front tube has three patches, the spare tube one patch. All from the same source, but I can't find it! I'm going to change out the tired for summer. As well as pull the fenders and rear rack since I live so close to work. I'll put all the weight back on for winter :D

CRC meet curse.

My front tube has three patches, the spare tube one patch. All from the same source, but I can't find it! I'm going to change out the tired for summer. As well as pull the fenders and rear rack since I live so close to work. I'll put all the weight back on for winter :D

23mm, or are you ridding wider. I gave up on patches on 23mm. They are just too big and never seal right.

CRC meet curse.

hahahaha that was actually my second flat of the week. first one was my rear tire on my bmc that was popped by a very sharp rock. the crc meet flat was caused by a piece of glass and the puncture today was the nail in the coffin.

im not a very superstitious person but there's a guy that i know who has TERRIBLE luck with bicycles, especially getting flats. i rode one of his mountain bikes a few weeks ago because i was thinking about buying it and i feel like his bad luck has rubbed off on me.

so, there are little white fibers sticking out of the hole where the nail was but the hole isnt that pronounced. you guys think i should replace the tire?

Feel on the inside and to see if there are any "rough" spots around the puncture. Those will eventually cause the tube puncture.

i did 20 miles on it after i changed the tube today without issue, but i should probably stock up on tires anyways. i accidentally bought 4 tubes from amazon when i meant to buy 2 before my ride from sac to sf, but ive already used up 3 of them haha.

Back