• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Ok, PVC piping is out. Got it. :laughing (Although a shorter, lower-profile would be nice for home/garage use. :) ) If I could get some aluminum tubing (as mentioned before) for clamp mounting, and use security bolts to secure the whole works in my truck bed that would work just fine. Time to scrounge around the big box hardware stores this weekend... :eboy

Can't you just go bro style?

I have a fork mount that hooks in to the bed. You could give it a shot, if you can wait until I am back...

Check Craigslist for people selling racks.

I found a Yakima Beddy-Jo on Craigslist for about half price of purchasing new. Used it twice so far and it worked great. Installs quickly in the bed at the base of the tailgate. Easily fits behind the seat of my Nissan Frontier when I get to my destination. Takes up virtually zero storage room in the garage.

41h8xPETxhL._SY300_.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, PVC piping is out. Got it. :laughing (Although a shorter, lower-profile would be nice for home/garage use. :) ) If I could get some aluminum tubing (as mentioned before) for clamp mounting, and use security bolts to secure the whole works in my truck bed that would work just fine. Time to scrounge around the big box hardware stores this weekend... :eboy

I just used a 2x4 with some of those bolt on front wheel holders attached when I put two bikes in my old jeep. Cost under $20 and worked fine.

Why the hell are pocketed jerseys so pricey? And I don't need one with sponsorship logos, I'm not getting paid to be a rolling billboard.

just go to performance bike and look on their clearance rack in your size. thats where i got my first kit from.

just go to performance bike and look on their clearance rack in your size. thats where i got my first kit from.

^^^^^this ^^^^^ is likely the easiest & nicely affordable retail solution -
dependent on where you live/work/commute path -
dunno what'll satisfy your aesthetics......

colorways-wise, Tuono Joice & I suggest the many b&m Pearl Izumi outlets sprinkled around NorCal -
I'll even pitch in with a genuine PI 15%-off postcard coupon

either way, online shopping is your pre-visit friend,
showing what'll be available in-store to eyeball - & purchase

Oh - REI, too -
equally common & their clearances really are -
again, pre-shop online

finally [!], there is/was AFM kit

Velowear has sales. Probikekit has nice deals.

Cheapest jersey/bib I got was from China website with a replica of a cycling anime Jersey. :laughing I am sure they have other themes.

AFM kit was a special order, they are not sold regularly. I feel like a complete poser every time I ride in it. :laughing

I normally where a shop jersey for my LBS. They take good care of my bikes.

Though I've been wearing my new championship jersey from my MTB season :D

regardless of Velominati's oh-so-specific Rules, this is simply wrong:

Attachments

• bikeSmithMisano.jpg
    bikeSmithMisano.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 47
Why the hell are pocketed jerseys so pricey? And I don't need one with sponsorship logos, I'm not getting paid to be a rolling billboard.

I agree with others about snagging a sale jersey, but spend some money on your shorts or you'll regret it.

These are the most comfortable bibs I've found, well worth the $140-$180.
(and I've tried several $100+ Voler, Pearl, Sugoi, etc., they're all crap compared to Assos)

The ASSOS T FI.13_S5 Bib is by far the best, but they have limited sizes.

Being 9' tall, I have 3 of the ASSOS T FI.MILLE_S5 longleg Bib. They're amazing on 4+ hour rides.
I also highly recommend their chamois cream.

http://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/
10% off - EDU10

regardless of Velominati's oh-so-specific Rules, this is simply wrong:
Rule #5 is the only one that really matters and the only one that should never, ever be broken:twofinger

I agree with others about snagging a sale jersey, but spend some money on your shorts or you'll regret it.

These are the most comfortable bibs I've found, well worth the $140-$180.
(and I've tried several $100+ Voler, Pearl, Sugoi, etc., they're all crap compared to Assos)

The ASSOS T FI.13_S5 Bib is by far the best, but they have limited sizes.

Being 9' tall, I have 3 of the ASSOS T FI.MILLE_S5 longleg Bib. They're amazing on 4+ hour rides.
I also highly recommend their chamois cream.

http://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/
10% off - EDU10
^^Wut he said^^

[edited]

......I also highly recommend their chamois cream.....

there's NO place in this thread for Asses & Cream !!

srsly, after Descente & Coque de Sportive,
ASSOS truly is aspirational cycle gear - thx for the link

Back