• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Fuji is exempt because it's been relegated to commuter status. I was actually looking for panniers for it last night :laughing

my Giant has zero rack/fender mounts

other than a traingular seatpost-compatible[!]-mounted rack
or
a CX-style triangular frame bag,

what to do ?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Got a fitting at Sports Basement yesterday. Raised/changed saddle angle, flipped the stem, rotated bar slightly and tweaked the lever position. Can't wait to do a test ride this weekend. :)

Nice! Have fun! Did they adjust cleats position?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention they moved the cleats forward by a couple of mm. That one adjustment made a noticeable difference.

The bad side was when I walked in there and saw a clearance tag on damn near every bike. :mad I could have saved substantially had I waited a couple of months. :rant Oh well. It is what it is. :dunno

so sad, having to post this:

TT cyclist killed head-on by car near Esparto

".....both parties contributed to the collision.

Cyclists are required to ride as far to the right as possible.....
.....while cars are required to have appropriate space before passing
....."

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article36764466.html

Pissed me off reading it. Just this morning going to work I had a person pull our in front of me, pass too close (on an empty two lane road), and watch a car make an illegal pass crossing the double yellow while speeding. Clearly I would have contributed to the collision on any of those because I was on my bike.

Sad thing is, that was all in the first 4 miles.

here's a view of bike road racing from the other side of the pond:

Tuono Joice & I are enjoying France [chateaux + cheese + wine], beginning with a week in the loverly Loire Valley town of Amboise, sited on the river bank

turns out that the 109th[!] running of the famed Paris-Tours 1-day race blasted thru at 3pm during our 1st day here - a complete surprise

we had a very late jet-lag b'fast & then walked 200 ft from our apartment to the bridgehead to watch the field pour into town

there were a gazillion M/C-gendarmerie leading/pacing/following the various groups o'bikes - awesome skilz displayed

being present at the apex of a downhill 90-degree turn into centreville was SO much more exciting than viewing it on TV......

across the street from us was a trio in complete racer-replica kit, one of them a tyke astride a drop-bar, 20"-wheeled, 5-speed beginner racer's bike -
it was the local racing club's hand-me-down beginner bike for future TdF hopefuls

more as it happens.....

i just lubed and inflated the tires on my Focus Mares, need to bring it to work with me tomorrow and maybe head to sports basement in sunnyvale for a refitting. Then off to the bay trail during lunch or if anyone around my work area wants to ride shoot me a pm. I'm out of shape bike wise so a mellow pace for me.

My stock tires (Vittoria Rubino Pro) sure do seem to lose pressure quickly between rides. It's rather the inner tubes, I think. Anything else out there that retains air better?

It's the inner tubes. Are you running some fancy ass latex tubes?
I just buy whatever is on sale at probikekit or Performance bikes.

Just pump them up, it's called upper body exercise. :twofinger
My tubulars loose ~20psi in less then 24 hours. :| Good thing they are not every day wheels. :laughing

I did the Jensie Gran Fondo last weekend. Sure, it was not for very long at all, but it pleases my geek side to be able to say I rode on Jensie's wheel...

Very pretty ride. A bit brutal on the climbs.

21e4xfo.jpg

2v3qw7m.jpg

smg5qt.jpg

2wefo94.jpg

osxrf6.jpg

way cool, RG !

my bike fitter assessed my fitness [old, weak, slow.....] & warned me off of Jensie's, & Levi's as well

according to yer fotos, boy, was he correct

I did the Jensie Gran Fondo last weekend. Sure, it was not for very long at all, but it pleases my geek side to be able to say I rode on Jensie's wheel...

Very pretty ride. A bit brutal on the climbs.

21e4xfo.jpg

2v3qw7m.jpg

smg5qt.jpg

2wefo94.jpg

osxrf6.jpg

:thumbup

Also company IT is blocking the site. :wtf

awesome. i really wanted to do the jensie GF but it was too damn expensive and i got to hang out with him at the ToC start in sac so i aint even mad

Rode yesterday on parts of the bay trail and around sunnyvale off 237. It was a great feeling to be riding again, but I think I need either a longer stem or larger frame cause I feel too compact when I'm riding. Going to try to get a longer stem on to see if it allows me to stretch out more, if not I guess I have a good excuse to purchase a new cx/road type bike.

Last edited:
Finally replaced my Shimano cleats. They were getting a bit worn....:laughing

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 9.58.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 9.58.44 PM.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 56
Back