• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

I gave up shorts and jerseys and pretty much only wear onesies now. Like the castelli San remo and there is a Louis garneau one I have that's pretty good. If I don't need pockets for a quick ride I just put on a skinsuit sometimes.

Rule #5 is the only one that really matters and the only one that should never, ever be broken:twofinger

what i am greeted with everytime i turn on my garmin :laughing

0cqDyU3l.jpg

what i am greeted with everytime i turn on my garmin :laughing

0cqDyU3l.jpg

Haha.

Speaking of rule 5, J and I are doing Quimby and Hamilton Sunday, y'all are welcome. We're parking in the dirt on Alum Rock at Mt Ham Rd, 7:45, roll at 8.

There is some pretty serious hate being generated on Mt Hamilton road between the roadies and the locals. Some roadies do not yield to faster vehicles, especially when they are in groups (larger seems to be worse).

Have you ever seen this? Please try to discourage it. It is just bad for everyone.

Some locals have told me that roadies defficate on the side of the road. True or not, still bad. Perception is everything. Good manners rock.

There is some pretty serious hate being generated on Mt Hamilton road between the roadies and the locals. Some roadies do not yield to faster vehicles, especially when they are in groups (larger seems to be worse).

Have you ever seen this? Please try to discourage it. It is just bad for everyone.

Some locals have told me that roadies defficate on the side of the road. True or not, still bad. Perception is everything. Good manners rock.

That's a shame, cyclists as well as cars should be respectful, neither should impede the other. Cars should beep their horn if bikes don't move over, we always move over and/or go back to single file when we hear a car coming up the road.

I agree, good manners by all would be nice, "we" only remember the bad apples and it only takes a few to give a group a bad name.

Last edited:
0cqDyU3l.jpg

^^^^^now that's a superb Garmin startup message^^^^^

even tho' Tuono Joice was brand spankin' new to the HTFU concept,
now any time I whine or complain, she calls out, "Rule 5"......

Last edited:

I find the latter hard to believe, but anything is possible I guess. I don't ride Hamilton but climbing OLH, Kings, I always see roadies go single file if there is a car behind. What happens more often is that the driver is too inpatient and just passes them before they have a chance. Often in to a blind fucking corner. :rolleyes

I see a parallel between this and Buds campaign for slower/safe lane splitting. There always be people who will do whatever the hell they want, and screw the consequences for others.

Rode this weekend for the first time in 6 weeks. Ouchy... On Saturday I still had someone wheel suck on the way back. :wtf On Sunday a friend started some shit with some roadies, and then I had to step in and keep up the pace. No buenno. :| I just wanted to ride around bullshit and pose at coffee shop. :laughing

I put "Go faster" on the left and "Pansy" on the right of my handlebar.

I'mean sure someone has taken a shit on the side of the road, but probably a once a year at most occurrence that someone is claiming happens daily. And of course I'm sure people water the bushes too, which is harmless.

Not long ago I did a beautiful ride on GMR which gets closed on 7/4 and watched a group of roadies hog the road in the neighborhood leading to it rolling about 10 MPH. The drivers were being overly patient, I was super annoyed! Of course here I am on a 30 pound bike ready to climb 4000' and here is this group clogging the road

so sad, having to post this:

TT cyclist killed head-on by car near Esparto

".....both parties contributed to the collision.

Cyclists are required to ride as far to the right as possible.....
.....while cars are required to have appropriate space before passing
....."

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article36764466.html

What a bunch of horse shit. The lady did an unsafe pass did a head on with on comming vehicle that was traveling in it's own lane, which just happens to be a cyclist, and the fucking wanker has a gull to say both parties contributed?

Also they are required as practical not as possible. Fuck that reporter also. The whole article is the god damn disgrace.

What a bunch of horse shit. The lady did an unsafe pass did a head on with on comming vehicle that was traveling in it's own lane, which just happens to be a cyclist, and the fucking wanker has a gull to say both parties contributed?

Also they are required as practical not as possible. Fuck that reporter also. The whole article is the god damn disgrace.

Spot on. Reading that article made me sick.

What do you multi-bike owners use for storage or stands?

I've started a bad habit of buying old lugged steel frame bikes and I need a cheap solution to organize things. Hanging from the garage ceiling is limited by the ceiling space available when the garage door is open. I have a wood pallet that I'm trying to turn into a multi-bike stand using the slats but it needs some work and may not be the answer.

depending on your lighting/heating ducts/etc., sometimes a bike may be "laid on the ceiling"

hooks, bungees, pulleys.....

Last edited:
Alas, ceiling hanging is our choice. Can you hang them all from the back, past the space the door opens into?

Oh, yes, most recent commute pic.

14ijujl.jpg

sportrack double bike stand. made to the same specs as the thule rack but about 100 bucks cheaper. awesome stand.

uyN7HULh.jpg

sportrack double bike stand. made to the same specs as the thule rack but about 100 bucks cheaper. awesome stand.

uyN7HULh.jpg

Yep what I use. Bike on top, bike on bottom plus race wheels, then couple more bikes around in front wheel chalk.

Back