• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Can anyone recommend a handlebar phone mount. Would like to use my phone for gps and what not on rides. Thanks

Can anyone recommend a handlebar phone mount. Would like to use my phone for gps and what not on rides. Thanks

Like with most things in life this is my solution to cycling related problems:
w_17.png

yeah, Topeak has long made cool stuff, occasionally even top-notch pumps, etc.

I've also been looking at h'bar cell mounts - kinda pricey for what little they do

speaking of mounts, i splurged on a k-edge combo mount so i can mount my gopro and my light under my garmin. im never using a plastic garmin mount ever again. my barfly snapped in two when i pushed down on one of the buttons going about 18mph, my garmin hit the curb and almost bounced into the storm drain. minor scuffing but almost lost it for good.

cqwb7afh.jpg

speaking of mounts, i splurged on a k-edge combo mount so i can mount my gopro and my light under my garmin. im never using a plastic garmin mount ever again. my barfly snapped in two when i pushed down on one of the buttons going about 18mph, my garmin hit the curb and almost bounced into the storm drain. minor scuffing but almost lost it for good.

cqwb7afh.jpg

I really need to get one of those for my Cycliq.

If only my mountain bikes weren't money drains :(

After 6+ years of racing on same bike, I am going to be building up a new race bike for next season. If anyone has a lead on SRAM etap, please let me know.

I have new tubular wheels for races seating in my bike room already, waiting for the frame. :D The new build is going to be way above my ability. :laughing

I have couple 10speed 12/27 105 cassettes. If anyone wants them $30 each, cheaper then the lowest price I have found.

I have Ritchey aerobars. The clamp size is 26 something, before everyone went to over sized ones.
Free if you pick it up in South Bay.
ritchey-prolouge-triathlon-bike-aerobars-31-8-26-0mm-alloy-tt-road-1593e77e58f12f4fb8b4fd8c91d0fabf.jpg

Last edited:
Laguna Seca announced that Nicky Hayden will join in their monthly Moonlight Series on Wed 7/5

you pedal 'round the circuit in company with 69 and others [likely Rea ++....] - some riders actually race; others cruise

Laguna Seca announced that Nicky Hayden will join in their monthly Moonlight Series on Wed 7/5

you pedal 'round the circuit in company with 69 and others [likely Rea ++....] - some riders actually race; others cruise

Would be fun if it wasn't so far away :(

I did that once a few years back. Was really fun.

7650349024_e200d43bb6_c.jpg

7650346110_82c9526160_c.jpg

I need to get out there on a motor bike.

Only done it on a motorbike. Ironically once on Wednesday as we were packing up people were pulling in with road bikes.

I need to find time to build up my new race bike, and upgrade rain bike, but doesn't look like I'll have time until mid January. :cry

Only big track I have been on is Big Willow on a sidecar...and bicycle.

At least I have the KOM :D

me and a group of friends have a yearly ritual of doing the twilight ride. usually we do it in aug/sept/oct. im going to be at that for sure. if i cant be faster than some of those guys on a moto, at least i can be faster on a bicycle :laughing

Back