• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Looks good!

In other news, picked up a set of Zipp 404s firecrests. Went with clinchers. It's a new territory for me since I always raced on tubulars. Will see how that goes. The rims are 158 grams heavier then my 81mm Vision tubular.

Will be selling my 81mm Vision tubular wheels.

what are those very few stickers sayin'?

just a couple cycling related companies i like & respect. cadence, god & famous, and skratch labs. i also have a bunch of name stickers so i threw one on

I0PW5E7.jpg

OxNnnoD.jpg

Ka7vTbF.jpg

thanks for the compliments guys. im super happy with how it turned out.

South Bay excitement:

".....On Monday, 9/18, Mt. Umunhum becomes open to everyone, using many forms of transportation

Yes, the ceremonial Grand Opening is the preceding weekend, 9/16-17 – however, no bikes, no cars, etc., only a bus

So Monday is the bicyclists' grand opening!
....."

I plan on struggling up to the top, for the unprecedented Pacific view!

[YOUTUBE]pZAiZ-jWf6I[/YOUTUBE]

I cried, I laughed, I cried again. :laughing

Anyone racing or spectating at the West Sac Cyclocross Grand Prix this weekend? I've wanted to go watch for the last several years but always had to work the weekend of the event. I finally have the race weekend free so I'll be there spectating.

Got a new saddle for the workhorse today. I never wear a chamois with this bike and I've heard great things about this saddle. First day on it and I have to say, it's really comfortable, especially if the roads you travel on are bumpier than normal. It's a little wide for my sit bones but the way it absorbs all that road buzz, I don't care
CHoN6E6.jpg

I'm really happy with my Brooks cambium saddles.

Anyone racing or spectating at the West Sac Cyclocross Grand Prix this weekend? I've wanted to go watch for the last several years but always had to work the weekend of the event. I finally have the race weekend free so I'll be there spectating.

I won't be there this time (shooting to go to StonyBarf), but did enjoy it as a spectator last time. Good vibe, bring a shade hat. Wish I could go.

I'm really happy with my Brooks cambium saddles.

Do you have the c17? I ordered the c13,which is the carbon one (and it was only 20 bucks more than the c17) but it has oval rails and my seat post clamps from the top so I had to return it and I just exchanged for the 17

I have a cambium on one of my bikes, not bad...but for me...this one is way more comfortable

Selle Anatomica

Mine weighs a ton...but I'm more limited by fitness than any bike weight.

Used it for a 130 mile ride once, no assbone pain at end of ride.

Definitely not for weight weenies.

I won't be there this time (shooting to go to StonyBarf), but did enjoy it as a spectator last time. Good vibe, bring a shade hat. Wish I could go.

Thanks. Its just a couple of miles from my house so I'm hip to the weather.

My teammates got it in to their heads they are cross racers, not sure they will be there thought. I am just dicking around without PM, cadence, or speed sensors. No training or formal riding until November. :laughing

On side note my car was broken in to last Saturday. Came back from a nice 100 mile loop to find my side window smashed. It was parked on 130 at the base of the road leading up to Mt. Hamilton. They stole my 10+ year old messenger bag. It's basically one of a kind. It has Blue/Gold tri pannel. On middle pannel it has CAL logo with words cycling underneath. If anyone sees it around San Jose do let me know. Still holding out hope they threw it out and some homeless walking around with it.

Attachments

• calCyclingMessengerBag.jpg
    calCyclingMessengerBag.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
My teammates got it in to their heads they are cross racers, not sure they will be there thought. I am just dicking around without PM, cadence, or speed sensors. No training or formal riding until November. :laughing

On side note my car was broken in to last Saturday. Came back from a nice 100 mile loop to find my side window smashed. It was parked on 130 at the base of the road leading up to Mt. Hamilton. They stole my 10+ year old messenger bag. It's basically one of a kind. It has Blue/Gold tri pannel. On middle pannel it has CAL logo with words cycling underneath. If anyone sees it around San Jose do let me know. Still holding out hope they threw it out and some homeless walking around with it.

That sucks. We have a parking lot at the start (end?) of the Santa Ana River Trail that goes 30 miles to the beach that can't be used. It is so well known for theft that you really can't park there. Always fresh broken glass :(

after hearing excessive clicking in my pedal stroke on the way home today, i found a crack in my bottom bracket :(

stupid kid at the bike shop that installed it probably torqued the threads down way too much and stressed the hell out of it. its a shame because i really liked this frame. I am thinking about buying a steel bike. im sick of carbon and its frailty. i want a forever bike.
eyItzXU.jpg

That sucks. We have a parking lot at the start (end?) of the Santa Ana River Trail that goes 30 miles to the beach that can't be used. It is so well known for theft that you really can't park there. Always fresh broken glass :(

Didn't think it was high risk area. Lesson learned. Yah Santa Ana trail, sketchy as fuck. Rather risked riding on PCH then on that.

after hearing excessive clicking in my pedal stroke on the way home today, i found a crack in my bottom bracket :(

stupid kid at the bike shop that installed it probably torqued the threads down way too much and stressed the hell out of it. its a shame because i really liked this frame. I am thinking about buying a steel bike. im sick of carbon and its frailty. i want a forever bike.
eyItzXU.jpg

That's a weird design for bottom of the frame. Honestly sounds like defective frame. One of the downsides of buying no name chinese frames.

That's a weird design for bottom of the frame. Honestly sounds like defective frame. One of the downsides of buying no name chinese frames.

The guy that owned it before me put about 2000 miles on it but he used the actual bbright bottom bracket that you're supposed to use. I used a wheels mfg. Outboard bottom bracket that screws together to press in both sides to eliminate the clicking that is characteristic of gxp bb's and convert it so my sram crank worked with the frame.

Also the actual cervelo frames have the same design. Probably made with better carbon tho
rfbbg.jpg

Probably is. I just find it hard to imagine how it's possible to torque it so hard to crack the frame.
I don't go easy on my carbon frames, and most I got were minor paint/outer layer cracks that are not structural. Interesting enough it was from "no name" Taiwaneese frame.

Last edited:
Back