• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Is there a different site besides CL where I can get a bike for cheaper? I have my own kick-ass CAAD9-5 but want to get my pops a similar bike in 50cm. He wants to ride with me but don't want to spend too much. Looking for minimum "105" gruppo. Willing to spend $500-700

I bought this one for $800 2 years ago. It was a steal at this price.

anyone?

I just bought a lightly upgraded CAAD8 for $700 on CL, why don't you just keep looking there?

homey believe me that you're not going to find a new caad9-105 at a store for $700....maybe $1100. You MIGHT be able to talk a store down 5% for a CAAD10 anything.

You might be able to find a shit bike with a shit frame and parts with 105 shifter and rear der. for about $700-$800 but will dump another $800 over the following two months if pops rides it for over 10 miles/wk.

Flat on a fourth lap. Probably from going over a small crater the previous lap. Un fucking believable. :thumbdown

Oh and going over Golden Gate was scarier then the race. :laughing On a bright side the little one lane road that comes down other side of the mountain (left side of golden gate), is freaken awesome. A short stretch where it becomes gravel road is just an icing on a cake. I was passing cars (well a car). :laughing

You're smart. Motorcycles are cheaper, faster, easier to ride, more fun to ride, and pull more chicks.

^^^^He's so not joking.

And don't forget those lycra pants; right up there with Speedos for us girls..... so awkward.:laughing

I have to agree with you. Rode up to the Damn at Berryessa on a bike once....ouch.:(
On a motorcycle it's a breeze and a rush all at the same time.:ride
Living in bike capitol Davis and Watching Dave Scott pass by every day for 10 years made me realize it was pointless to try to compete with my feet.:teeth

Bleh, rear wheel is kaput. Who crashes after the finish line? Honestly? Right in front of me too!

Did this today: http://app.strava.com/rides/1514846

Feel better than I thought I would. Not super fast but setting PRs after that many miles and that much climbing is still cool to me.

Epic RIDE!!!

I love doing verts too.

I'm also on Strava. Love it! Got 3rd place on the KOM competition for the month of July. Are you doing this event? If not, join us, Castro Valley Cyclery!

I was going to ride with you guys 2 weekends ago. M. Solis invited me, but I ended up towing some noobs around grizzly peak. I'll ride with you guys soon enough!

Ah poo. Woulda been cool to have you there, it was a pretty gnarly ride that Mike put us through. Just added you on Strava too!

I ride with a little club down here that is signed up for KOM. They're not high in the standings but oh well.

Edit: Jesus man, you ride a shitload of miles.

Anybody else do the Palo Alto Gran Fondo today? Great weather, brutal climbing with King's Mtn first and Tunitas Creek at the end. Ugly.

What about cycling forums? Who uses what?

Folsom circuit race, what a fun course. :teeth Last race of season for me too. Next year should be fun. :party

Back