• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

That's on the high side for a circuit race and crit. And that's only if you register early, wasn't there a $10 late fee last year? And aren't there reg fees added onto that, or am I wrong?
I know the grand fondo was $90-$100 for day of, and they had an ass load of people!

Plus, the only people who got paid to work the race were the usac officials, everyone else was volunteer for the military, or for sponsorships of local youth sports teams.

I got paid to be there so I'm not really complaining, but I think the races are all more expensive than they should be.

It's only 10 or so bucks more then regular race. :dunno

Main consideration for me would be - when else would I ever get the chance to race a bicycle on Laguna? A few bucks here and there would not be enough of a reason to discourage me...

Sooo, I know it's better to build yer own, but this one was on super-close-out (being short has its advantages now and then), and it was everything I needed.

Fantastic bike. The wheels are heavy, but that's easily fixed once the bank account recovers. This is my first compact crankset - I've always had triples - and it was a challenge on Tunitas Creek, but I'll get used to it pretty quickly, I think.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 398.jpg
    398.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 244
Ooh nice, I've heard good things about the cayo, how do you like it so far?

Just so you know, photos are suppose to be taken drive side so you can show off your components! (my way of asking what is has ;))

And do you really rock a full face? Thats pretty cool if you do, but when the weather warms up you better ditch that thing!

Ooh nice, I've heard good things about the cayo, how do you like it so far?

Just so you know, photos are suppose to be taken drive side so you can show off your components! (my way of asking what is has ;))

And do you really rock a full face? Thats pretty cool if you do, but when the weather warms up you better ditch that thing!

I like it rather a lot, but it's my first carbon bike, so what do I know. :p It's also my first double crank in a while. The bike is so light, though, it just flies up the hills. I've had it for 103 miles so far, per Strava.

The drive is nothing to write home about. When I have some money to spare, I'll upgrade crank and wheels. But for now, I'm very pleased with it.

I've ridden with a fullface for several years now, year-'round. I used to ride with a standard beanie-coverage road helmet, and it did nada for my more youthful crashes that left me with plenty of chin scars and a few teeth that don't have their natural tops anymore. I've been able to avoid crashing now that I'm older and wiser... well, older, but every time I see something like this, it reminds me of why I wear the fullface...

1674f9g.jpg

Oh wow, that explains the full face...

I've gone down a few times, but never had any problems hitting my face. It's usually a back/arm impact at high speeds

Have fun on the bike, and watch out for those damn motorcyclists! They like to fly around blind corners :p

Holy geez, my wallet is hating me right now.

6393467347_481c0a6698_z.jpg

Well, once I get the first ride in, I should be able to convince my wallet that everything's gonna be all right.

Ooh nice!
Looks a lot like the super six I got to rock last year (before I gave it back to the team) it's almost like they copied the carbon shapes and everything with the aluminum.

Should be a fantastic riding bike! Doing Hamilton tomorrow?

Ooh nice!
Looks a lot like the super six I got to rock last year (before I gave it back to the team) it's almost like they copied the carbon shapes and everything with the aluminum.

Should be a fantastic riding bike! Doing Hamilton tomorrow?

The New SS EVO is a copy of the CAAD10. The CAAD10 is a great bike.

A quickie Thanksgiving ride from SSF to Santa Cruz yesterday. I left the swank new bike at home and took the Fuji.

It was damp to start.

g432.jpg

Devil's slide was dicey.

g485.jpg

g493.jpg

Rest stop.

f120.jpg

The sun did finally come out, more than halfway through.

g581.jpg

A pretty stop along the way.

c88.jpg

c89.jpg

c90.jpg

c77.jpg

Nice weather, by the end.

f132.jpg

f139.jpg

A quickie Thanksgiving ride from SSF to Santa Cruz yesterday. I left the swank new bike at home and took the Fuji.
[...]
Nice weather, by the end.

Gorgeous photos! wow that's an adventure. Rain, to sun. The moto helmet underscores a certain awesomeness that you and Mr. Slyderite pull off with an aplomb that keeps me coming back to this forum. Thanks for posting!!!!

Gorgeous photos! wow that's an adventure. Rain, to sun. The moto helmet underscores a certain awesomeness that you and Mr. Slyderite pull off with an aplomb that keeps me coming back to this forum. Thanks for posting!!!!

I am pretty sure that is a full face MTB helmet.

Signed up for Sea Otter races...holy snaps I'm in over my head!! :cry

47 mile road race on Friday, followed by 50 min circuit race the next day. :oink:loco:barf:facepalm

I signed up for the circuit race on Friday and the cyclocross on Saturday. What is life about, other than getting in over your head...?

Back