• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Santa Cruz is still popular, although the most popular place in the Bay Area (and definitely among the BARF MTB contingent) is probably Soquel Demonstration Forest. Miles of flowing singletrack, rock gardens, log jumps, and even a couple of teeter totters - it's got a little of everything.

I ride more at China Camp than I do anywhere else, primarily because of its convenience. Auburn, Tamarancho, and Annadel are the only other places I go with any regularity.

If you could forward me that tri info, that would be great! (citybikemike at yahoo dot com) Here's the only info I have on the Napa Century:

http://www.eaglecyclingclub.org/tour.htm

Hope to see you out there :)

Hooli said:
Feh. :hand

I-Drive! :kicknuts

1180339-bike.jpg
Something like this (or possibly even older and more tired :wow ) becomes a weapon in the hands of Jeff Tigart. Ask Crash, he saw it!!

zx6roxy said:
I'm planning doing a ride tonight after work from SF (Skyline)towards 92 and back, who wants to join me? I'm planning on starting around 630pm tonight

This just confirms my suspicions that you are nuts! :loco

Harpo said:
Something like this (or possibly even older and more tired :wow ) becomes a weapon in the hands of Jeff Tigart. Ask Crash, he saw it!!

Tigert could probably turn something like this into a weapon too:

Spongejpg.jpg

Riding in the East Bay tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join. Probably 50 miles with good vertical. (don't ask me how many actual feet. There is some good climbing)
Leaving Lafayette headed to El Cerito, then to Orinda, Moraga, Oakland Skyline then back through the other side of Moraga to Lafayette.

Lemme know if you're interested.

Harpo said:
Riding in the East Bay tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join. Probably 50 miles with good vertical. (don't ask me how many actual feet. There is some good climbing)
Leaving Lafayette headed to El Cerito, then to Orinda, Moraga, Oakland Skyline then back through the other side of Moraga to Lafayette.

Lemme know if you're interested.

If you meant El Sobrante rather than El Cerrito (I'm not sure why you'd ride all the way to Richmond), the loop is 49.3 miles with 3500 feet of climbing.

It's probably a bit more than I can handle right now - hopefully I'll be at full strength by next weekend :)

3500 ft. of climbing? Is there public transit? If so, I can meet you guys at the top.

I'm all about freeride road biking.

cheezy said:
3500 ft. of climbing? Is there public transit? If so, I can meet you guys at the top.

I'm all about freeride road biking.

Ya know, I don't know that I enjoy roadbike descents enough even consider that sort of service, even if it was available.

Still, that's how my fascination for sportbikes began back in the late 80s. Climb up, bomb down...

Um, you do know that I was kidding right?

Dork.:p

*EDIT: You lazy bastard.:p

Last edited:
Harpo said:
Hey Roxy, when are you gonna get a Mt. Bike and come out and play with Crash (AKA Mr. Overtrain) and myself?;)

Roxy's training schedule makes me look like an underachiever!

Harpo said:
Hey Roxy, when are you gonna get a Mt. Bike and come out and play with Crash (AKA Mr. Overtrain) and myself?;)

Eventually I'll get one, but in the meantime most of my riding will be on a road bike. I really need to put in the longer rides especially on the weekends.

MrCrash907 said:
Roxy's training schedule makes me look like an underachiever!

I'm just crazy...that's all!:laughing

zx6roxy said:
Eventually I'll get one, but in the meantime most of my riding will be on a road bike. I really need to put in the longer rides especially on the weekends.

Come on, Rox - let's do an offroad tri sometime! It'll be part of our training!

http://www.xterraplanet.com/

:)

Any of you guys watching the Tour de France? GO FLOYD! That's some freakin heart right there!

I'm itching to get back on the roadbike right about now...

MrCrash907 said:
Any of you guys watching the Tour de France? GO FLOYD! That's some freakin heart right there!

I'm itching to get back on the roadbike right about now...
No work for me this Friday morning. Gonna do 45 - 50 on the road bike,... leaving my house in Lafayette at 8:00am
Anyone wanna join?????

Back