• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

anybody hurd of Fuso bikes?

High end lugged bikes built in ca in the late 80's to early 90's. only a few hundred made.

My buddy has a NOS frame and almost a complete 105 groupo. He needs money bad and said he would build it up for me CHEAP. just need wheels

Still around. Saw them at the North American Handbuilt Bike Show two weeks ago. Current Fuso frames are okay but the workmanship didn't seem up to par with the ones Dave Moulton built. If it's one of the early frames, I'd grab it in a heartbeat but then again I'm old and prefer steel over the new carbon stuff! For what it's worth, here's some wiki info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Moulton

did some reaserch the early Fuso was only one model. This is one of those.

Also my buddy has TWO of these frames. Both never built up. A 54 and a 56. Im taking the 56cm but, the smaller one is avalible. Very rare frame. there is even a registery they are trying to find out how many frames are still out there and where they are.

Congrats to you.
Just an FYI there's a ton of rare stuff that's pretty much worthless. I'm not saying anything about your friend or that bike but do your homework before giving anyone money for something "rare."

Congrats to you.
Just an FYI there's a ton of rare stuff that's pretty much worthless. I'm not saying anything about your friend or that bike but do your homework before giving anyone money for something "rare."

Dont see how I can go wrong. American made Columbus frame. decent components. Better than a used Allez, Right?

Actually those used handmade steel allez are pretty high quality.

$600 is on the higher side for a steel bike without wheels. Usually the only steel frames that go for that much (or more) are colnago, Waterford, Eddie merkx, or some of the Japanese kirin builders when they make road bikes.
I'm not saying it's not worth it, I'll look into it and see what I can find out.

Guys,

I'm looking for brand new or like new 10 speed Campy Record shifters. Also a left 10 speed Campy Chorus with metal lever.
I can buy them or we can trade for something in my collection of new and like new top shelf junk.

Last edited:
No one randomly has top end never used 7 year old NOS Campy lying around??
Dig deep; someone will be getting my money this weekend. Might as well be you or your grampa.

Last edited:
I just missed out on a really well priced bike a while back w/ the campy record groupset you're looking for. :(

No one randomly has top end never used 7 year old NOS Campy lying around??
Dig deep; someone will be getting my money this weekend. Might as well be you or your grampa.

Theres a dude in Santa Rosa with a clean junky Colnago with all or part Record....in my size. I wanted take all the stuff I need and use the rest to commute on....dude won't return my emails =(.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I'm planning on riding my rb in Woodside this fri (haven't ridden this area in a few years; only did this on a moto) and was hoping if there are any pointers to watch out for? I plan on riding down la honda, onto Pescadero, heading towards 1, North Highway 1, then turning east San Gregorio, then finally back up La Honda. Places to park the car when I start off? I'm comfortable riding my rb in 45-50 mph traffic.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/73650408

Thanks in advance!

Watch out for all the jerks on motorcycles. :|

There are plenty of turn outs/parking areas.

Hello all,

I'm planning on riding my rb in Woodside this fri (haven't ridden this area in a few years; only did this on a moto) and was hoping if there are any pointers to watch out for? I plan on riding down la honda, onto Pescadero, heading towards 1, North Highway 1, then turning east San Gregorio, then finally back up La Honda. Places to park the car when I start off? I'm comfortable riding my rb in 45-50 mph traffic.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/73650408

Thanks in advance!

Watch out for horse shit and cops waiting to bust you rolling stop signs. Cops have gotten better in the last few months but they'll still hide by signs in the middle of nowhere....not just big intersections.
My buddies and I do that route often. We meet up at Roberts on Woodside and Canada...Canyada. Dunno how to write the enyay thingie.
...haha they're right. Jerk motorcyclists have buzzed us on purpose right after leaving Alices a number of times.

Last edited:
...holding you up on descents. :laughing

I was going down 9 on a motorbike, and was following a harley going way too slow.. who didn't want to move over to let me pass. :( So I plodded behind him being good.

About 1/3 the way down a road bike comes zipping by him. I say f-this and just pass the guy in the lane (sorry slow harley guy). :teeth

I haven't been riding that long and am still amazed how fun and easy (relatively) it is to haul on descents w/ tight corners.

Back