• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

If your seat stay is aluminum there is fixing it.

:laughing Triple edit: I thought it was a super six for some reason. Looks like a Caad10-3. You don't need to go to SC to fix it. Those guys fix carbon. Any shop that welds aluminum should be able to do a good enough job..
The crash replacement price on Caad 10's isn't super awful. But it will be close to getting a complete Caad10-5 on closeout super sale. If you love it you could get the Caad10-5 sell all the junk off of it for a few hudred dollars and will have an over all good deal and spares for your next bag attack.
I feel that my caad10 is a better frame than cheap carbon frames. Worth fixing/repalcing IMO.

Last edited:
anybody know what year this is and which allez. sport, comp...........

Attachments

• IMG_20120301_125611.jpg
    IMG_20120301_125611.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 94
Hey looks like my first bike. I am going to go with around 2000-2001.

Question for the roadies - how does Sidi shoe sizing run, relative to boots? I run a consistent 36 in moto boots, including what few Sidi makes in that size, but in Pearl Izumi and Shimano shoes, I've found 36 to be a little tight and 38 to be the size I need (I have flat feet). Are Sidi shoes more in line with cycling shoes overall, or with their moto boots?

I found a pair of Sidis in 36 on FleaBay, and this would be a nice chance to increase my poseur points.

If I remember correctly I had to go size higher on Specialized shoes from Sidi I had. Pro tip don't replace clits before big event/travel on old shoes. "Hmm did I just strip the rusted nut? Well yes I did. :facepalm" :laughing

edit: I can't really tell. Is the hub where the spokes sit messed up so that there's nothing to hold the spoke in place anymore?
edit part duex: oh it looks like the bag is just wrapped over the hub. Just swap a few spokes if you need to. Theyre about $4 a piece and I'm pretty sure you need the spoke wrench with the red handle for those nipples.

I got around to inspecting the bike some more. Took out as much of the plastic bag as I could off the RD and the wheel hub. All the spokes on the cassette side have at least some kind of bend/kink to them in addition to the aforementioned scratches. Also, the left side seat stay has a slight kink to it.

:laughing Triple edit: I thought it was a super six for some reason. Looks like a Caad10-3.
<snip>
I feel that my caad10 is a better frame than cheap carbon frames. Worth fixing/repalcing IMO.

Yep, CAAD10-3. It was largely because of your glowing endorsement of the CAAD10 frame that I bought it late last year. I absolutely enjoyed every single mile I've ridden on that bike, and it's probably why I'm more bummed about this than I should.

Here are some more pics:

The big piece of plastic came off the RD. The scraps came off the wheel.
6963384763_3cba125af3_z.jpg

6817265034_8b4526f47a_z.jpg

6817264380_7b2b369d08_z.jpg

6963386983_92562dbe39_z.jpg

6817266292_b87a961af2_z.jpg

6963388257_015bfc3236_z.jpg

6817267590_29c40ccaca_z.jpg

6817268142_6924c9615f_z.jpg

6963390203_e4277e55d8_z.jpg

6817269494_a2f07e0e26_z.jpg

Endless cycles is having a swap sunday. Free swap. Free food. You have to reserve a swap spot.

I got around to inspecting the bike some more. Took out as much of the plastic bag as I could off the RD and the wheel hub. All the spokes on the cassette side have at least some kind of bend/kink to them in addition to the aforementioned scratches. Also, the left side seat stay has a slight kink to it.

If the frame isn't cracked it really could be fine...just a little ugly. My caad10 has some great dings from getting smashed by a car. You might have a rear spacing/straight frame issue. You could bend it back....but don't crack it.:laughing
You could get whatever 10 speed rear der. you find cheap. Doesn't have to be Ultegra. Campy, SRAM, 105, whatever. They're all the same.....but Ultegra is probably on super duper closeout sale right about now. Maybe you can find just the cage somewhere.
I have a brand new never used Dura Ace 7900 if you're interested in a small taste of snobbery. I'll sell it for $10 less then the cheapest price you find online. Can put it on if you want but seems like you got that covered.
No worries if you don't want it. I'm sure I'll get hit again sooner or later.

Last edited:
So I bought a new frame and am swapping on an older Dura Ace 7800 (2x10) groupset I have, but the front derailleur is braze on style on the new frame and I only have a clamp on front derailleur.

Anyone have a braze on front derailleur that would work or know the cheapest place to get one (or what would work best)?

Last edited:
Put the rear wheel in and see if its straight. If it is straight and you have no cracks or super deep gouges, just ride it.

I would not bend back aluminum... Much. Steel will still hold a fair amount of strength after being bent, but aluminum is iffy. Cannondale should hook it up if you take it in, but who knows for sure unless you take it in.

I have a brand new 7900 braze on Front Der. Yep it will work perfectly. Technically better.
$10 less then the cheapest you find it anywhere.

Thanks. :) I went on ebay right after I posted this because I was getting antsy and bought a take-off ultegra 6700 one for $35 shipped before I saw this though. :(

Should be kind of fun to put this new bike together.

Put the rear wheel in and see if its straight. If it is straight and you have no cracks or super deep gouges, just ride it.

I would not bend back aluminum... Much. Steel will still hold a fair amount of strength after being bent, but aluminum is iffy. Cannondale should hook it up if you take it in, but who knows for sure unless you take it in.

haha this is true. You shouldn't bend aluminum and I'd never recommend it.:laughing
It will bend a surprising amount but will be softer in that spot for ever. Dont bend too much. Just a hair. If its really bad leave the frame as is and you can can offset the dish of your wheel and bend the der. hanger. Once you make everything crooked, in the correct direction, your bike will ride as straight and good as new......but you'll have to do that everytime you use a new wheel....so don't borrow my wheels.
Cannondale isn't the best brand to deal with crashes or warranty but theyre getting much better.

Back