• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Bidding on Ebay for something. Already approaching ripp-off price. Must not get sucked into the sellers market paradise of Ebay!!!

For bicycle parts.. yes. I'm amazed at what I can get for really ratty parts on there.

For other stuff (motorcycle, car, electronics, etc..) it is a great place to buy.

amazing, what are you trying to win on ebay? i read about you wanting some carbon wheels. i have some brand new reynolds attack 46mm clinchers with schwalbe tires... shimano/sram cassette body.

amazing, what are you trying to win on ebay? i read about you wanting some carbon wheels. i have some brand new reynolds attack 46mm clinchers with schwalbe tires... shimano/sram cassette body.

I was trying to win some old Campy NOS junk and idiotic awesomely cool brakes. I was beating some other idiot who had more sense than me of when to quit. Then two other idiots took it to a new level in the last few hours.:laughing

How much for the wheels? You could pm me if you'd like. Did you get last years closeout on these?

i think they had some on colorado cyclist for $800 recently. With tires, $700. $600 without. i haven't been motivated to get rid of them... i posted on CL for a couple hours and had a couple responses but didn't want to deal with the CL crowd. I also have a Pegoretti in a 51cm for sale if anyone is interested here - campy 10spd. I also have some Neutron clinchers, 9spd chorus group, aksium wheels, i'll have some brand new 6700 dark grey brake calipers soon (ordered a kit, and it's going on a disc bike) and i'm sure a million other things....

Are these Attack or Assault? If they're Attacks can you send me a link to your year/model? I can't remember seeing 46mm Attacks.
Do you have like new Record 10 speed shifters for sale?

kickstand - send me your email, i'll send you a pic. they are attack. also, i have record 10 shifters laying around somewhere, but i don't think they are 'like new' - i can dig them up this weekend.

Well my Specialized Alias finally broke in the middle. Still kind of rideable, but it is time to replace it. Looks like that line got discontinued. Whats a good replacement? Lookes like Romin Evo Expert might be a good fit, or maybe the Toupe? Looking to keep it around 100 bucks or so.

I like both of those but I like those types of seats. I cracked the Toupe after 5k commute miles and my buddy cracked the Romin after a few weeks. I think most seats are hit or miss durability wise. Cutting a giant hole where most of your weight sits isn't doing any favors for longevity. My Toupe got a little flexy towards the end

Last edited:
I saw a gal with an ISM Adamo at my last tri, and picked up one of those seats. I took it on a little mountain ride today. It's a bit odd to get used to - all of the weight goes to the butt area. But the butt area can take it, and it takes every last bit of weight off of the vajajay. I've never before done a mountain ride with zero chafing.

(Not meant as a replacement seat rec - I'm guessing you don't have a vajajay.)

1zyhhtz.jpg

OMG you guys....NiteRider 1500 Race!!! Mine just came in the mail.
I got the little 350 cordless one too and thought it was kinda awesome.....until I fired up this military grade light tower. Airplanes might try to land on me.

Last edited:
Some people get very defensive and angry when they are informed in polite manner that their ego far greater then their riding ability, and will cause a crash if they don't re-evaluate their approach to racing. Heh whatever, next weekend a break from racing, and some fun at T-hill. Unless my bikes bursts in to flames or something. Never know.

Some people get very defensive and angry when they are informed in polite manner that their ego far greater then their riding ability, and will cause a crash if they don't re-evaluate their approach to racing. Heh whatever, next weekend a break from racing, and some fun at T-hill. Unless my bikes bursts in to flames or something. Never know.

:laughing Who was it? Stocky white guy?

Last edited:
Two questions bikers:

1) What gps/heartrate/cadence watch do you use and recommend? Gonna look for a used one as the $300 tags are insane!

2) The bars on my Raliegh Misceo seem a little wide for me. 26" across I believe. I was looking at mountain diameter bullhorn bars. Trekking bars look a little odd to me. I suppose I could hack off maybe an inch on both sides of my stock bars and add bar ends.

Both of these look good. My concern is will I be able to slide my brake/shifter levers down to the flat parts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-alloy-MTB-handlebars-brahma-bull-bars-SILVER-/200630775992?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb686b0b8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TREKKING-HYBRID-COMFORT-BICYCLE-BIKE-HANDLEBAR-BAR-NEW-/300738060828?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460562a21c

You can get a Garmin Edge for under $200, if you aim in the 205/305 range and keep your eyes open for sales or refurbished units. You'll want the bundle with the heart rate strap and the speed/cadence sensor.

Back