• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

I posted this in the latest purchases thread, but figured it was relevant here. I just bought a new road frame today:

soma_es2010_red_lg.jpg

Going to pull the parts off my current commuting bike (Soma Double Cross), as I tend to ride an old bontrager more around town. Also, the canti's brake jack like crazy, and I haven't been able to fix it. I still order stuff at cost through my old shop, and a new frame true road frame ran only a touch more than a nicer CX for that would solve the brake jack issue. The parts on this bike will be perfect for a solid road bike. The new Soma will get a matching steel fork, some Cane Creek brakes, and an old set of 105 clipless pedals I have laying around.

Here's my current Soma that'll be getting stripped.
67605_527261951289_5564711_n.jpg

Does anyone wanna buy Speedplay Zero pedals?
I have used but in great shape stainless steel with good used cleats and brand new in box chromoly steel with brand new cleats I don't need anymore.
Also have two sets of brand new Shimano yellow cleats with float I don't need.

Does anyone wanna buy Speedplay Zero pedals?
I have used but in great shape stainless steel with good used cleats and brand new in box chromoly steel with brand new cleats I don't need anymore.
Also have two sets of brand new Shimano yellow cleats with float I don't need.

how much for the speedplays? new/used? if you can give me the prices.

They are running two session format here at T-Hill. My leg are hurting, and I have no issues doing 200+ mile a week on a road bike. What a hell.

You think it's cheaper to ship them than drive here? Wonder if I can drop em in the mail box....or we can wait till laterz. No biggie.
50 mile after work trip for yellow cleats is kinda ehhh.

Man I took Mt Charlie today (since it's a few miles away from me) up for the first time today and that climb was tough!

Looks not so bad on the computer map (less elevation than frontside of 9) but I guess it gets over 15% in spots and kinda goes up and down to trick you to think you're done.

I was thinking of doing a 100 mile ride this week just to say I've done it (gone 85ish miles before). Anyone know of a good route? I was thinking of starting at bottom of 9 in saratoga and tooling around in the SC mountains but any suggestions are welcome. I can get picked up if my final destination isn't the same as my start point.

Back