• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Fight Your Traffic Ticket In California - Save Loads Of Money - Tutorial

Excellent thread. This clears up a lot of the procedural confusion around this process which in turn makes it inconvenient and intimidating to those of us who are not in court all the time. Thanks for posting.

I also vote sticky

If you're guilty perhaps you should think about paying the ticket.

By this rationale if everybody messed with the system everybody would break the law all the time ad the entire system would become useless.

Does anyone feel like we can trust society to regulate itself? I for one do not.

By this rationale if everybody messed with the system everybody would break the law all the time ad the entire system would become useless.

Does anyone feel like we can trust society to regulate itself? I for one do not.

Feel free to pay your tickets haha. I have better things to spend my money on.

Such integrity this one carries. :twofinger
No one is trying to get away with murder buddy..

I got pulled over going 70 CHP was right next to me this past weekend... My speedo is slightly off. I saw 65. I was not aware and may have gone 70. He paced me for a few minutes.

Flow of traffic is the same if not higher. I was spoken to like a punk kid and delt with it in hopes I wont get a citation. I did not mouth off and let go.

If you were in my situation feel free to tell them you deserve the citation. A dick wearing a badge. Yet they watch morons in Oakland block off the freeway and do sideshows, yet they do nothing. Make that pussies wearing a badge. Its easy to pull over a tax paying citizen and speak down to for going 5 over the limit. I wouldn't even be upset if he wasn't such a dick and treated me like a normal person. Rant.. again be a good boy and always pay your fines, and I will do my job and contest mines.

I got pulled over going 70 CHP was right next to me this past weekend... My speedo is slightly off. I saw 65. I was not aware and may have gone 70. He paced me for a few minutes.

Flow of traffic is the same if not higher. I was spoken to like a punk kid and delt with it in hopes I wont get a citation. I did not mouth off and let go.

If you were in my situation feel free to tell them you deserve the citation. A dick wearing a badge. Yet they watch morons in Oakland block off the freeway and do sideshows, yet they do nothing. Make that pussies wearing a badge. Its easy to pull over a tax paying citizen and speak down to for going 5 over the limit. I wouldn't even be upset if he wasn't such a dick and treated me like a normal person. Rant.. again be a good boy and always pay your fines, and I will do my job and contest mines.

So, you had a CHP Officer right beside you for a few minutes and you didnt see him there? :dunno

Did you get a ticket?

Feel free to pay your tickets haha. I have better things to spend my money on.

I'm with you guys on this one. Some cops may be fair and all, but most are power-tripped assholes who believe they are above the law because they have the ability to enforce the law.

Excellent thread. This clears up a lot of the procedural confusion around this process which in turn makes it inconvenient and intimidating to those of us who are not in court all the time. Thanks for posting.

I also vote sticky
Thanks for posting.

I am stunned that anyone here would even bitch about it being posted. If someone doesn't want to use it or read it then move the F on!!!! Simple huh.

Thank you guys! I feel better knowing at least some found this useful!

I'm with you guys on this one. Some cops may be fair and all, but most are power-tripped assholes who believe they are above the law because they have the ability to enforce the law.

:rofl

Thank you guys! I feel better knowing at least some found this useful!

To bad we've gotten nothing useful from your posts.

You lost whatever help you might have gotten from the LEO's here, once you went on your little rant.

:rofl

To bad we've gotten nothing useful from your posts.

You lost whatever help you might have gotten from the LEO's here, once you went on your little rant.

I call it how I see it.

For example, Got a ticket at 8:58AM for carpool violation. I simply told the officer that my car clock was set forward a few minutes and that i really could not afford a ticket as an independent college student (Independent high school student at that time). I got a laugh and no response as he walked away and came back with a fat ticket and "please sign here". That's not doing justice for society in my eyes.

Cops haven't done me justice, so I don't think im losing much help from LEO's. With that said, I have nothing against any BARF LEO and my rants are not geared towards them. It's simply an opinion based on my experience with CHP and Local cops.

But then again I could care less, lifes too short to stress over haters :thumbup

I call it how I see it.

For example, Got a ticket at 8:58AM for carpool violation. I simply told the officer that my car clock was set forward a few minutes and that i really could not afford a ticket as an independent college student (Independent high school student at that time). I got a laugh and no response as he walked away and came back with a fat ticket and "please sign here". That's not doing justice for society in my eyes.

Cops haven't done me justice, so I don't think im losing much help from LEO's. With that said, I have nothing against any BARF LEO and my rants are not geared towards them. It's simply an opinion based on my experience with CHP and Local cops.

But then again I could care less, lifes too short to stress over haters :thumbup

Did you fight it? Why were you in the carpool lane prior to the time that you were allowed to be as a single occupant.

Cops are not here to "do you justice". We're here to enforce the law. My guess is that you were carpool cheating way before the "few minutes set ahead" clock issue. You just got caught. Own it.

I call it how I see it.

If you really couldn't afford the ticket, why not wait a few extra minutes just to be sure? Or make real sure your clock is accurate?

Seems your lack of justice consists of you breaking the law, getting caught and not wanting to pay the fine. I bet they have heard the clock excuse a few times before.

Did you fight it? Why were you in the carpool lane prior to the time that you were allowed to be as a single occupant.

Cops are not here to "do you justice". We're here to enforce the law. My guess is that you were carpool cheating way before the "few minutes set ahead" clock issue. You just got caught. Own it.

That's exactly the mentality I am talking about.

The ticket was paid for and I did not fight it because I did not have time to take off of school and work. There's no reason to lie about a ticket I got in the past thats been dealt with? And I know it was only a couple of minutes because I was watching my clock tick down minute by minute in traffic until it hit 9:00AM (which was actually 8:58AM), at which point I merged into the carpool lane.

It was an honest mistake, which could have (and should have) been dismissed by the officer with a simple warning to be more careful and maybe set my clock back to the appropriate time.

And to put a cherry on top, after explaining my quite depressing situation, the fool laughed in my face.

Come on now, there are countless threads of riders accusing officers of abusing their power rather than enforcing the law, all of which can't be lies. You are here to enforce the law, correct. And the law, in part, is there to serve its citizens and do them justice, which YOU enforce as a LEO. It doesn't always end up that way.

It was an honest mistake, which could have (and should have) been dismissed by the officer with a simple warning to be more careful and maybe set my clock back to the appropriate time.

We don't "dismiss" tickets, we either enforce or we don't. You either did it, or you didnt.

The court determines whether or not the traffic citation was issued correctly.

We don't "dismiss" tickets, we either enforce or we don't. You either did it, or you didnt.

The court determines whether or not the traffic citation was issued correctly.

Touché.

Look, I know you guys are doing your job and you have to deal with a lot of shitty people.

but on the other hand, I just feel like the ticket was unnecessary and it was the cop trying to prove a point.

As for my rant on LEO, my step-father is a retired LEO and I know not all are terrible. Most are pretty nice guys (and women), I have just had little success with officers in my area and the ones I have encountered. They all seem to be on a high-horse to me, but again that just may be the LEO i've had to deal with.

In my (limited) interaction with Officers I find they are pretty good mirrors, I seem to get back whatever attitude I am giving.

In my (limited) interaction with Officers I find they are pretty good mirrors, I seem to get back whatever attitude I am giving.

Yeah, it does help to play nice.

Touché.

Look, I know you guys are doing your job and you have to deal with a lot of shitty people.

but on the other hand, I just feel like the ticket was unnecessary and it was the cop trying to prove a point.

Hey brother, don't get me wrong... I don't like taking $ out of people pockets, but I have a job to do. For whatever reason, you got stopped and the ticket.

Most of us here on BARF, the LEO's, want to help, but your rant really was the wrong tact to take.

I got tickets before I was a cop. I've gotten fix it tickets AS a cop. The cop does his job, whether or not I like it. Granted, there are ways to deal with people, and since I wasn't there in your case, it's hard to tell what was/was not said/implied/attitude given/dick cop was/was not present at the time of the ticket.

You have to understand that EVERY, well most every person we stop, gives us a reason/excuse/attitude/you stopped me because I'm (enter race), fuck the police/you can't do this/I pay your salary/pig/that Ferguson cop should be fired/why cant you get give me a warning/this is bullshit ticket.

The battle, and war, is started and lost, by you as soon as the attitude rears its ugly head. Not that this was the case, in this case, but, the officer is out there to enforce the carpool law.

Get the worthless carpool law off the books, and the cops will stop enforcing it.

Hey brother, don't get me wrong... I don't like taking $ out of people pockets, but I have a job to do. For whatever reason, you got stopped and the ticket.

Most of us here on BARF, the LEO's, want to help, but your rant really was the wrong tact to take.

I got tickets before I was a cop. I've gotten fix it tickets AS a cop. The cop does his job, whether or not I like it. Granted, there are ways to deal with people, and since I wasn't there in your case, it's hard to tell what was/was not said/implied/attitude given/dick cop was/was not present at the time of the ticket.

You have to understand that EVERY, well most every person we stop, gives us a reason/excuse/attitude/you stopped me because I'm (enter race), fuck the police/you can't do this/I pay your salary/pig/that Ferguson cop should be fired/why cant you get give me a warning/this is bullshit ticket.

The battle, and war, is started and lost, by you as soon as the attitude rears its ugly head. Not that this was the case, in this case, but, the officer is out there to enforce the carpool law.

Get the worthless carpool law off the books, and the cops will stop enforcing it.

Point taken, I feel you on that. I'll keep this in mind next time I get pulled over (which is hopefully never).

Thank you for the input and the good constructive argument :ride

Back