• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Series organizer should have the option to make licensing exemptions. Thanks for the CycleNews link. Warning Great image of Johnny Rea in the Captured section which is one of my favorite things about CN.com.

BTW, we're just about 23 days from Round 1 and 2 Daytona Short Track!

Last edited:
Chris Carr is right. It will be a great thing for flat track, if we let it.

The fact they're quibbling over license types is the stuff American motorcycle racing has become known for. Oh wait- not it's not. It's not known for anything these days. We still have flat track?

Bayliss would put butts in the seats. Simple as that. It might even get me out to Sac if he makes it.

[edited].....We still have flat track?

Bayliss would put butts in the seats. Simple as that.

It might even get me out to Sac if he makes it.

oh, please!

drop the "if-then" posture & simply go to The Sacramento Mile,
The Calistoga Half-Mile - or both!

this pair of nearby AMA Pro flat track races is usually worth attending, period

Attachments

• FlatTrackTriumph.jpg
    FlatTrackTriumph.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 61
oh, please!

drop the "if-then" posture & simply go to The Sacramento Mile,
The Calistoga Half-Mile - or both!

this pair of nearby AMA Pro flat track races is usually worth attending, period

Not to me, and I'm just up the road from Lodi Cycle Bowl.

I've never been much of a flat track fan, but Bayliss would probably get me there. And therein lies the rub. If they want more fans, they need to realize this is no longer the 70's, accept what motorcycle racing has become in this country, and starting reaching, market, and develop. This is a good start. Screw the rule book.

Behind the scene - Troy Bayliss goes Flat Trackin’

".....there’s a still a six-figure sponsorship shortfall.

So, is Troy coming to America to race this season?
It’s not a done deal, but here’s what’s happened so far, behind the scenes.....

.....Even if Ducati North America can't get buy in from Bologna, [Steve] McLaughlin still feels that Lloyd Brothers will get sponsorship from somewhere. "I personally know five Ducatisti who could just write that check," Steve told me. "Or there's the Desmo Owners' Club; how much money could they contribute?"

That raises the interesting idea of crowd-sourcing a sponsorship. I wonder how much money Lloyd Brothers Motorsports could raise, and how quickly, with a Kickstarter campaign?
....."

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/811/2...marker--Bayliss-Hopes-to-Go-Flat-Trackin.aspx

Misano has opened its FT facility & improved its translation a li'l:

".....Tavullia, January 20, 2015 -

"Today it is fashionable to the conviction and the illusion that the best way to train the races of the championship is the Flat Track," says Graziano Rossi, Valentino's father, as well as the pilot of the championship too.

That means two things: a way to race on dirt bikes particular, already routinely used by Valentino Rossi and his "young" on track "Ranch" Tavullia, but also a regular championship.

But in addition to the runway Tavulliese activity VR46 Riders Academy will expand in the future with a special project to be implemented at the Misano World Circuit recently enriched by an Arena Flat Track, a track that is in the earth about 1,000 meters long [5/8-mile, similar to Pomona's 'big' 1/2-mile], carved inside the historic circuit of Misano Adriatico, behind the curve of the Oak where there was a forum in an amphitheater of 4,500 seats and so far used only for cars.

"We have already organized three days of events", says Graziano Rossi.....

.....Things to dirt that passion!
....."

http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/pesaro/rossi-vale-graziano-misano-circuito-1.592939

Last edited:
CRC's "200" thread is in marked contrast to dirt track fans' anticipation for the 2 Daytona short tracks, just a week away on Thur & Fri nites

examine the relative sizes of the 2 adjacent tracks - is interest this year inverse to circuit length?

Attachments

• Daytona.jpg
    Daytona.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I'm counting the minutes until Daytona ST. I read this morning that Jake Lewis will be racing with Roger Hayden as his mechanic.

One more week. Fremont's Chad Cose pushing both ends at the Daytona ST in 2013.

[youtube]0afIq73uTRg[/youtube]

Last edited:
oh, now I see.....

AMA corrects "Misleading" statements by DMG

".....Daytona Motorsports Group's issuance of a statement as AMA Pro Racing stating that an amateur flat track event held just prior to a professional flat track event they are promoting conveys the apparent authority to grant amateur championship status.

Daytona Motorsports Group has no authority over any amateur racing activity, nor does it have the authority to designate an event an amateur championship.
....."

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2015/Mar/150306c.htm

Is AMA basically saying "you fucked up our name, and though you still have rights to use it, you bet we'll be issuing clarifying statements every time the use may be misleading"?

Is AMA basically saying "you fucked up our name, and though you still have rights to use it, you bet we'll be issuing clarifying statements every time the use may be misleading"?

in short - yes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"New" flat-track spec tire

"..........The AMA Pro paddock will transition from the Goodyear Eagle DT II to the Dunlop DT3 in the early part of the season.....

..... The Dunlop tire.....delivers the same performance levels as the Goodyear tire
....."

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2015/Mar/150309a.htm

Last edited:
The AMA may also be saying "Don't go promoting amateur flat track. Thats our thing to eff up."

Chris Carr will be live color commentator for online FansChoiceTV this year -
for Daytona doubleheader, it'll be a 1-hr pre-race show @ 3:15pm, with heat racing beginning at 5pm Pacific

here he is on PitPassRadio [@1-hr point]

http://www.pitpassmoto.com/podcasts...carr-tim-burleson-pit-pass-moto-show-3-10-14/

Chris states there were 5 different brands lined up for the Main Pro event at Volusia, FL warmup last weekend.....

here's AMA Pro's release:

".....It’s kind of like being a rookie all over again, just with different stakes.....being a color commentator on FansChoice.tv and for the people at each race is going to allow me to share that knowledge with a lot of people.”

Carr’s 78 AMA Pro Flat Track main event victories are second to only Scott Parker’s 94 on the all-time list. Carr is also the all-time leader in Short Track (ST) victories with nine, including three at Daytona, and in Tourist Trophy (TT) events with 15 wins to his credit.....

....."I’ve always felt that I have an eye for what’s going on at the track in a way that is different than what has been explained during events in the past,” said Carr. “I believe I can offer a point of view that hasn’t been seen in a while and I would like to explain to our viewers what’s going on more in between the ears of the riders. The physiological part of racing is a component that often gets overlooked and there are certain things that go on that I want to delve in to, and I intend to bring those components to light rather than keep them in the dark
....."

http://amaproracing.com/ft/news/index.cfm?cid=62254

Last edited:
Daytona's ST racing history

".....Dating back to 1954, the first year AMA Pro Flat Track held a race in Daytona Beach, the series competed on the running track of a football stadium called Welch Memorial Stadium.....

.....Fast-forward to 1989, when the GNC shifted to Municipal Stadium, a 10,000-seat facility that included a quarter-mile oval specially designed for motorcycle racing. For competitors and fans, the move was a big step forward. While the old stadium was absolutely flat, the new track was banked seven degrees in the turns and three degrees on the straights. It measured exactly one quarter-mile.....

.....Since 2010, DAYTONA Flat Track has served as the location for the annual season-opening doubleheader featuring the stars of the Grand National Championship
....."

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/03/11/flat-track-a-look-inside-daytona-racing-history/

one thing this press release omits is that the ice rink-like dirt from Muni was dug out & repotted to the Speedway's then-new 1/4-mile - continuity!

Last edited:
Back