• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Watching GNC timed practice. Pumped for the start of Sideways Season!

Shit... work work work.

Daytona ST #1.

FansChoice.TV is much improved from last year. More cameras, better direction, good picture quality and no buffering (not once). They even had JD Beach with an onboard camera. Chris Carr doing color commentary does not disappoint.

Even the intermission music is better

Announcers words are almost a full lap behind. It's comical.

Racing is very one line :(

Last edited:
Good night of racing to kick off the season.

Last edited:
Races showing up on YouTube on the AMA racing channel. Here's one to get you going. :party

[youtube]Z-saAoOEL3M[/youtube]

Track re-shaped for tonight. Sharper corners might allow for more lines on corner entry and more passing.

Watched the YouTube race. Thanks Kurt.

Why the line has to be so damn skinny.
Why can't the cone the track to force them wider and expand the line.

The freight train compared to the go anywhere racing we see at Calistoga.
I enjoy it still, but to attract new fans...eh?? Not likely.

the inside curb is further out tonight and there already seems to be 2 lines after the GNC2 heats. its slippery from a lot of water and someone was still pulling away. but the racing might be better tonight.

Watched the YouTube race. Thanks Kurt.

Why the line has to be so damn skinny.
Why can't the cone the track to force them wider and expand the line.

The freight train compared to the go anywhere racing we see at Calistoga.
I enjoy it still, but to attract new fans...eh?? Not likely.

I don't know. Yeah, the racing on this thin blue groove track makes passing harder, but I'm loving watching those guys play with the limited grip that is available. Having a mixture of track types throughout the season plays to the strengths of different riders, and I think that's pretty cool. If a new to flat track person sees this race, it may not create a convert like Calistoga. The downside of Calistoga - at least this last year - was that if it's possible to run anywhere, racers do, and that seemed to contribute to lots of crashes last year. :dunno

Friday's races were up on YouTube last night. Check it out.

BTW, Brian Bartlow got a nice shout out after last night's GNC1 main. :thumbup

Posting the AMA Pro Flat Track GNC1 Mains from Last Thursday and Friday.

Round 1: Thursday
[youtube]Z-saAoOEL3M[/youtube]

Round 2: Friday
[youtube]xiqtbVp1H54[/youtube]

Heats and the GNC2 mains are available on the AMA Pro Racing YouTube channel.

I'm going to try to post individual threads for each of the AMA Pro Flat Track rounds so we can keep the FT Megathread spoiler free. Hopefully we can generate more FT discussion in focused race threads.

Remember, the Megathread is for Pro, amateur beginner, whatever as long as the topic is somewhat related to flat track. Local racing through the CFTA or Lodi or NorCal Short Track is awesome and I encourage everyone to attend as a spectator or racer. You won't regret it.

great idea about the individual threads

didja see that Charlotte Motor Speedway's been added as a 1/2-Mile AMA Pro venue? -
I think it's another Steve McLaughlin promotion

there's even a rumor that there'll be 1 more event added, for a total of 16 this year
(dunno about the 2nd's promoter's ID just yet.....)

Yeah I have to give credit to DMG for either working with promoters or making the series attractive enough for more venues. Now they need to get more money to the racers.

BTW, the first few laps of the Friday GNC1 Main show #17 Henry Wiles putting on a clinic on riding a very slippery cushion. No matter how many times Bauman pushes him wide, Wiles makes up ground sideways high or low. Just magic. Wonder what would have happened if Bauman didn't push Wiles so wide on the at the start of lap 2?

a 16th GNC added!

Attachments

• 2GNCs.jpg
    2GNCs.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 79
Cory Texter tests the new Yamaha flat tracker:

".....There have been a lot of rumors about who would field a new FZ-07 in AMA Pro Flat Track this season. Longtime racer/tuner Babe DeMay was the first to put Yamaha’s 689cc parallel-twin in a flat-track frame, and he had his bike ready for the March 6 race at Ogelthorpe Speedway in Savannah....."

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/03/2...xter-first-ride-motorcycle-review-and-photos/

Interesting. Maybe it won't take as much development time for the Yamaha to get competitive - bad news for everyone else. I wonder how much of its result can be linked to running a 270 degree crank? That seems like an advantage over a 180.

way cool!

Springsteen vs. Carr II at The Sacramento Mile

".....Steve McLaughlin:

“Even though both of these legendary riders are retired
they proved last year that they had enough speed in reserve
to have qualified for the National.....

We never expected the guys to go that fast, but it shows
that they still have their competitive spirits completely intact.

It’s going to be hard to top last year’s Clash,
but we’re looking forward to the rematch
....."

http://www.cyclenews.com/689/32739/...-vs--Carr-II-at-the-2015-Sacramento-Mile.aspx

Attachments

• AMA2014Sacto-CarrSpringsteen.jpg
    AMA2014Sacto-CarrSpringsteen.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 85
Cory Texter tests the new Yamaha flat tracker:

".....There have been a lot of rumors about who would field a new FZ-07 in AMA Pro Flat Track this season. Longtime racer/tuner Babe DeMay was the first to put Yamaha’s 689cc parallel-twin in a flat-track frame, and he had his bike ready for the March 6 race at Ogelthorpe Speedway in Savannah....."

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/03/2...xter-first-ride-motorcycle-review-and-photos/

I'm thinking H-Ds new production-based 750 can't make it to the track soon enough

Back