• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Flat Track at X-Games is great news!

minor carp incoming:

".....flat-track racing is the perfect addition to this competition,
allowing athletes from around the world
....."

I call at least partial BS, in a coupla different ways:

the OZ contingent is solely Kirkness [no Bayliss[!], Troy Herfoss or Josh Hook],
and Mick's IDed as 'murican......ditto for CDN Doug Lawrence

zero UK- or Euro-based FTers listed either -
yes, they're not up to snuff yet, but still.....

OK, I'm done now -
can't wait for Austin's widely-scattered FT MotoX coverage to begin

I haven't watched the vid yet, but the still showing on the screen has bikes that look like they might have radiators. Are these the new 750 HD's?

HD put together a demo using the new 750 for last year's X Games. That is where the video is from.

Ah. Maybe what they should do is create a IROC style event with equally prepared bikes (based on the new 750), with bike/rider assignments done by lot. They could even grid the heat races by lot. :dunno That way they'd get some visibility and development.

I think that was they proposed for last year but it didn't come together. They had Brad Baker in a booth signing autographs and promoting the new 750s at last year's X Games.

All I care about is a good cushion track so people can see the control the racers have.

All I care about is a good cushion track so people can see the control the racers have.

Agreed. I was just speculating on ways to make it more attractive for HD to sponsor it.

Shayna Texter will race all 5 Miles + Tilley Memorial 1/2-Mile on Crosley Kawasaki

:.....in late August 2013, Shayna Texter took the double-checkers in back-to-back rounds of “Basic Twins” events on the legendary Springfield Mile.....

.....the Sixth Man/Shayna Texter Racing game plan allows Shayna to be “hands on” in all aspects of the campaign, foremost, to include the set up and tuning of her Kawasaki flat trackers. While Rich Hanson will continue as Shayna’s lead mechanic, Shayna has said that she is looking forward to running with a Team that provides ample resources to field quality racing machines and yet also allows Shayna to oversee and participate in all aspects of the program. Shayna calls it “getting back to basics” to move in a forward direction
....."

http://www.amaproracing.com/ft/news/index.cfm?cid=62358

mo X Games newz:

Triumph announces X Games involvement

".....The X Games produces a lot of excitement, and I have high hopes it will do the same with flat track,” said Jake Shoemaker of the #55 Bonneville Performance / Castrol / Triumph team.

“It’s a different venue with a different crowd, and the track layout should suit my style. I’m pumped to get out there
....."

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/05/06/flat-track-triumph-announces-x-games-campaign/

Last edited:
first look - COTA's 3/8-mile clay oval

".....The plan is to have six degrees of banking in the corners and three degrees of banking on the straightaways, which should provide good opportunities for passing and a variety of racing lines.....

.....We have plans for future events on the flat track, such as a possible riding school with Kevin Schwantz to find new talent.....”

.....A test is scheduled in the run up to the [June 4th X Games] event
....."

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/05/1...g-course-overview-at-circuit-of-the-americas/

Last edited:
I never thought I'd be saying this, but thanks, NASCAR...

Round 3 of the 2015 AMA Pro Flat Track season at the legendary Springfield Mile on Sunday, May 24, promises to be one of the most exciting and memorable events in recent memory. Fans can tune-in and catch every second of FansChoice.tv coverage from the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield, Ill. by heading over to http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/ama/flat-track.

The eyes of the world will be on Springfield as Australian road racing legend Troy Bayliss will make his much-anticipated AMA Pro Flat Track debut aboard the No. 21I Ducati Scrambler-inspired 1100cc machine against defending Grand National Champion Jared Mees on the No. 1 Harley-Davidson, No. 42 Bryan Smith, No. 2 Kenny Coolbeth Jr., No. 6 Brad Baker and the rest of the Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines field in one of the most iconic races on the AMA Pro Flat Track schedule.

In the GNC2 class, No. 11Z Andrew Luker will try to extend his points lead, with No. 14A Dalton Gauthier and No. 67M Davis Fisher hot on his tail when the up-and-coming stars of the sport compete on twins for the first time in 2015.

FansChoice.tv Live Streaming Schedule for Sunday, May 24 at the Springfield Mile:

Practice/qualifying: 10:15 a.m. CT (11:15 a.m. ET, 8:15 a.m. PT)

Exclusive pre-race show: noon CT (1 p.m. ET, 10 a.m. PT)

Opening ceremonies: 1 p.m. CT (2 p.m. ET, 11 a.m. PT)

Heat races: 1:30 p.m. CT (2:30 p.m. ET, 11:30 a.m. PT)

GNC2 main: 3:30 p.m CT (4:30 p.m. ET, 1:30 p.m. PT)

GNC1 main: 4 p.m. CT (5 p.m. ET, 2 p.m. PT)

Help Needed for Sacramento Mile

Hola,

(posted also in Sac Mile thread)...apologies to the thread police.

I'm a videographer, photographer working the Sacramento Mile - are there any experienced filmers/photographers on here who would like to help? This is for a specific racer and for a motorcycle blog.

I can provide a press credential with access to parts of the track. I'm looking for someone with: a) 1-2 Extra GoPro camera with mounts, b) 35mm or better camera with video capability with external mic (preferably).

There isn't pay for this project, but I can pay for ticket and provide a press credential. For this event specifically, the more cameras the better so if I get more than one response - I'll take it.

PM me for details - thanks, Mike

Check member Frozenuts.

local hero & National # 49, Chad Cose, gets ink with AMA Pro:

".....(Being in the X Games) it’s something, as kids, we all looked to do.

We’re the original extreme sport, so it’s fitting that we’re in the X Games.
It’s a dream, come true for all of us as flat trackers.
I think it’ll be really good for all the riders, sponsors,
fans and obviously really good for the sport
....."

http://www.amaproracing.com/ft/news/index.cfm?cid=62795

I’ve been trying to accumulate any info on the upcoming X Games flat track event - good luck!

here’s what little I know so far:

it’ll likely be hot this coming Thursday, June 4, when the races begin at 5:30pm Pacific time near the McAngus parking lots at the west end of the COTA property

it MIGHT be possible to catch the flat track racing live, 5:30-7:30pm Pacific, here:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/...acing-Round-1/LCQ/FINAL.-Moto-X-Step-Up-FINAL

wanna bet online before the races? - try here:

https://joust.com/contest/xga2015/open/event/25699

finally the racers:

• Jeffrey Carver Jr.
• Kenny Coolbeth Jr.
• Chad Cose - Fremont!
• Danny Eslick
• Sammy Halbert
• Jake Johnson
• Michael Kirkness
• Doug Lawrence
• Johnny Lewis