• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

I duuno how....

650/700/700+ has been the story almost since day 1, when Bill Werner bought the first Kaw and worked with Jay Springsteen [& eventually Brian Smith]. Tho' Werner continuously played with displacement, I seem to remember that 700cc was the largest version that worked & that 650cc was usually the go-to

Last edited:
I'm totally for this - hope it works out.....

Sorry but this is stupid. The 450 singles on the TT's are what make it the fun to watch. For some reason the old farts want to watch people suffer on twins. That and the companies who wont spend money to build a single.

Sorry but this is stupid. The 450 singles on the TT's are what make it the fun to watch. For some reason the old farts want to watch people suffer on twins. That and the companies who wont spend money to build a single.

as in Turnip & H-D?

Attachments

• H-DSantaFeSpringsteenScott.jpg
    H-DSantaFeSpringsteenScott.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
moar retrograde thinking:

Billy Lane creates "Sons Of Speed" - early 20th Century board track racing bikes on display at Sturgis

".....The inaugural Sons Of Speed race will take place at New Smyrna Speedway half mile during the 75th Anniversary of Daytona Bike Week in March 2016.....

.....Each racer will sit astride identical hand-built racing chassis holding pre-1925 1000cc American V-Twin engines, and most racers will customize their machines by fabricating handlebars, exhaust, fenders, foot pegs, and fuel/oil tanks.....

.....Billy’s personal race bike–featuring his Sons of Speed hand-built chassis and 1914 Pope Model L engine–will be on display at Michael Lichter’s Naked Truth Exhibit all week at the Buffalo Chip
....."

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2015/07/23...-racing-bikes-preview-in-sturgis/#more-149931

Last edited:

Old fart here. I have seen twins at the Astro Dome and Ascot, 450's at Peoria. The twins on a TT are a great show. Chris Carr is a friend and I am sure he would be faster on a 450 than a twin on a TT track. But I sure loved watching Alex Jorgensen (see my avatar) on the 750 BSA at Houston and Ascot. I have never see big twins on a short track, just 250 twin two strokes.

Something need to be done to save flattrack.

100 lap Ascot TT 1970
[youtube]FswIuIVnCCo[/youtube]

I like to joke that the demographics for AMA Pro Flat Track are men over 45 who have grey hair and men over 45 who used to have grey hair.

bikeama, you are buying tickets to flat track events. So am I and so are some other old dudes who post on BARF. All the grey hairs whom are going to buy tickets already ARE buying tickets. The racing is fantastic right now. Best its been in years. There is no reason NOT to buy tickets to these awesome races. Yet, some old FT fans claim they aren't buying tickets because of DTX bikes or racers wearing MX gear at some events. Make changes to the rules and those same people will find some other excuse not to buy tickets.

Flat Track needs to attract younger fans. Fans among the young trendsetters who are buying bikes like Ducati Scramblers, Triumph Bonnevilles, those cool matte finish Sportsters, the new HD750s, Yamaha SR400s and the FZ-0x series bikes and Star Bolts. Call them hipsters if you like. I'll call them new motorcycle buyers and the OEMs who spend money (or are considering spending) on AMA Pro Flat Track will probably call them something similar. These buyers like motorcycles and motorcycle heritage and they are spending money on new bikes and accessories so the industry is catering to them. Flat Track should cater to them, also. New generations of fans willing to spend money will save Flat Track.

Shayna Texter joins Richie Morris Racing flat track team for the remainder of 2015 and all of 2016.

http://www.amaproracing.com/ft/news/index.cfm?cid=63311

Whats interesting about this?
- New team in the paddock. Richie Morris Racing has won championships in AMA Pro Road Racing. This is their first high profile flat track effort.
- No brand of motorcycle was mentioned in the press release. I'm guessing Shayna will no longer be riding the heavy and unreliable Triumph she has been struggling with. Probably an XR750 but who knows. Texter did well on a privateer Kawasaki in two races at Springfield when she was in the junior class.
- Texter is bringing her McElroy Packaging sponsorship with her.
- Roland Sands Designs is entering Flat Track sponsorship as a sponsor of this Texter/RMR effort. RSD's products are aimed at the youth market.
- The team will add another racer for the 2016 season.

Big news, IMO. New high profile team. New high profile sponsors. And a long-term (in racing terms) commitment.

This comes on the heels of Indians announced factory effort for 2017. Seems like AMA FT is going the right direction.

at least 1 greybeard thinks this is a super development -
Richie likes to win + any team that gets RSD to cough up sponsorship is doing something right

Shayna really has struggled on the Turnip, after doing OK on other twins, so perhaps with the right machinery she'll be a midfield-or-better challenger

So, Doggie, how's it feel to be 51? Sheeeeit, I'll be 53 this weekend and I too miss the old days but the new days are pretty cool.

Anyways, FT seems to be back on the rise and I'm slowly getting back on my financial feet so I'm looking for some local events on dirt. I'll start buying tickets and maybe t-shirts, too. Zonk!

So, Doggie, how's it feel to be 51? Sheeeeit, I'll be 53 this weekend and I too miss the old days but the new days are pretty cool.

I like the wisdom part of aging but I'm concerned that I'm peaking on my wisdom curve. :laughing Not sure about the rest yet.

Enjoy 53.

Wisdom is over rated. As long as you don't smell of wee, foolishness is charming and seen fondly.

I thought Shayna had been riding on a Crosley Kawasaki this year rather than the Triumph she struggled on last year. :confused

As for 51 and 53, pffft. :hand

I thought Shayna had been riding on a Crosley Kawasaki this year rather than the Triumph she struggled on last year. :confused

As for 51 and 53, pffft. :hand

Thanks for the correction about the Kawi. :thumbup

AMA Pro Flat Track Racing TONIGHT! (Yeah, for real on a Tuesday. Part of Sturgis)

Round 8 Black Hills Half Mile. Follow live stream on FansChoice.TV

Event Schedule: All Times Pacific

3:00 PM GNC2 Practice 1
3:20 PM GNC1 Practice 1
3:40 PM GNC2 Qualifying 1
4:00 PM GNC1 Qualifying 1
4:20 PM GNC2 Qualifying 2
4:40 PM GNC1 Qualifying 2

7:00 PM GNC2 Heat 1
7:10 PM GNC2 Heat 2
7:20 PM GNC1 Heat 1
7:30 PM GNC1 Heat 2
7:40 PM GNC1 Heat 3

8:00 PM GNC2 LCQ 1
8:10 PM GNC1 Dash For Cash 1
8:20 PM GNC1 Semi 1
8:30 PM GNC1 Semi 2

9:00 PM GNC2 Race 1 (16 Laps)

9:30 PM GNC1 Race 1 (25 Laps)

Will that be on fans choice tv?

Yes.

In other news. Troy Bayliss is going to return to AMA Pro Flat Track for the Labor Day weekend Springfield Mile. Tough dude.

Something to watch when I get off work. Yay me.

Anyone else having problems with buffering with the fansChoice feed? Have high speed broadband but is buffering every minute or less.

Edit did a speed test to be sure connection was not slow. This should be fast enough not to buffer

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Its been really bad for me, too. Speed test showed I'm running 19mbps download speeds here at the dog house. Could it be infrastructure at the track?

Back