• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Stream is good now for me. Impressive ride by Dominic Colindres of Brisbane to put the Yamaha FZ-07 directly into the Main.

Really good Dash for Cash. I put a post on FansChoice's FB page and they said they were working on the problem. Looks good for the mains.

Bill

Stream is good now for me. Impressive ride by Dominic Colindres of Brisbane to put the Yamaha FZ-07 directly into the Main.

Did I just hear that the bike is tuned by Babe DeMay?

Only buffered twice.

Totally bitchin' cool racing.

Pretty fun to watch until I hit buffer time on lap 19. :(

Yes on Babe DeMay. Team is making progress with the new engine/chassis and a very fast rider in his first few races in the top class.

Stream was good for me in the GNC2 Main but very choppy for me in the GNC1 Main. Will watch it again when the video is posted to see what I missed.

Next race is Peoria, August 16th. My favorite race on the schedule.

From Brad Bakers FB page

Brad Baker feeling disappointed
3 hrs ·
It's unfortunate to say that I have broken my leg tonight at the Rapid City SD half Mile. A sharp object somehow Impaled my leg on the first lap. I have an open fracture on my tibia right below the knee. Surgery in the morning to make sure it doesn't get infected then I'm flying to my orthopedic in Houston Texas to have a rod installed. Very disheartening for me to say the least. My last surgery was just 7 months ago. I worked so hard to get back to where I was. For something crazy like this to happen just doesn't seem fair. However, it is just another broken bone. One thing I have learned about myself in the last year is that there isn't much I can't overcome. I will be back stronger and wiser m then ever. No doubt in my mind! 🙏💪👊
Brad Baker's photo.

11220473_966462106733422_3664563090174102525_n.jpg

I was being buffered from 3pm on, with occasional periods of OK -
however, it was sufficiently frustrating that I moved on to other things......

oh, well - I look forward to watching the race posted on AMA Pro site 2day

thx to all for no spoilers!

What the hell is on/in that track that one object holes a crankcase, then another holes the Bullet's leg? :wtf

News out tonight that AMA National #69 Jethro Halbert has died. He suffered a major head injury at the Calistoga Half-Mile last September and never regained consciousness. RIP. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Losing too many racers this year.

We were there last year, and it was clear something bad had happened in that crash. I was wondering how Jethro was doing, and this is not the answer I was hoping for. My heart goes out to Sammy and the family. :rip

RIP Jethro. The grid in Heaven just got a little deeper. I hope you find the Dirt Track in the sky to your liking. Have fun Racing with the riders that came before you. Make sure to say "Hi" to Will Davis, Ted Booty, Steve Ekland, Rick Hocking, Andy Tresser, Ricky Graham and many more before you hit the Starting line.:(

I like to joke that the demographics for AMA Pro Flat Track are men over 45 who have grey hair and men over 45 who used to have grey hair.

bikeama, you are buying tickets to flat track events. So am I and so are some other old dudes who post on BARF. All the grey hairs whom are going to buy tickets already ARE buying tickets. The racing is fantastic right now. Best its been in years. There is no reason NOT to buy tickets to these awesome races. Yet, some old FT fans claim they aren't buying tickets because of DTX bikes or racers wearing MX gear at some events. Make changes to the rules and those same people will find some other excuse not to buy tickets.

Flat Track needs to attract younger fans. Fans among the young trendsetters who are buying bikes like Ducati Scramblers, Triumph Bonnevilles, those cool matte finish Sportsters, the new HD750s, Yamaha SR400s and the FZ-0x series bikes and Star Bolts. Call them hipsters if you like. I'll call them new motorcycle buyers and the OEMs who spend money (or are considering spending) on AMA Pro Flat Track will probably call them something similar. These buyers like motorcycles and motorcycle heritage and they are spending money on new bikes and accessories so the industry is catering to them. Flat Track should cater to them, also. New generations of fans willing to spend money will save Flat Track.

Flat Track Bombshell

"....When AMA Pro Racing introduced the rule mandating stock-frame 450cc motocross-based short track and TT bikes, it told racers and teams that those bikes would encourage the participation of more sponsors.

Now, AMA Pro seems to be saying these bikes discourage sponsors

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/08/article/backmarker-ama-pro-racing-rules-bombshell/

Can the AMA name at least one major new sponsor this is going to attract? If so, can they explain how the additional costs they're imposing on the entire GNC1 field is going to be absorbed by that new sponsor or new sponsors? Color me skeptical.

If the argument is that factories won't sponsor a rider who rides one brand on ST and TT, and another on half mile and mile, wasn't that an issue back in the day as well? Didn't even HD have to relent to allow their roadracers like Rayborn to ride non-HD brands in the 250 class when the Sprint could no longer stay within a country mile of a TD2? Didn't Nixon ride a Japanese bike in 250's as well?

There are a couple of ways this could play out - the elimination of TT and ST from GNC1 is one possibility. Another is that the GNC1 riders bite the bullet of funding the new bikes they'll need for ST and TT, and when things get sorted out, the Kawasaki and Yamaha engined TT bikes push the XR another step closer to extinction.

There are a couple of ways this could play out - the elimination of TT and ST from GNC1 is one possibility. Another is that the GNC1 riders bite the bullet of funding the new bikes they'll need for ST and TT, and when things get sorted out, the Kawasaki and Yamaha engined TT bikes push the XR another step closer to extinction.

There are a couple of ways this could play out - the elimination of TT and ST from GNC1 is one possibility. NOooooooooooooo!

You did forget one. The XR gets replaced by the new Street HD. The XR is on the endangered list now and from what I hear damn expensive to keep competitive.

You did forget one. The XR gets replaced by the new Street HD. The XR is on the endangered list now and from what I hear damn expensive to keep competitive.

Yeah, I believe that HD is hoping that it will replace the XR. BTW, I didn't mean to suggest my list was comprehensive. It could play out lots of way. Maybe it will play out exactly the way the AMA hopes, but I doubt it.

Make the youngsters wear leathers, if that keeps butts in the stands, but it seems like singles have always been around during my lifetime (Gold Stars, etc.), and it seems like forcing them out in search of some unclear notion that it will bring more sponsors is delusional.

Yeah, I believe that HD is hoping that it will replace the XR. BTW, I didn't mean to suggest my list was comprehensive. It could play out lots of way. Maybe it will play out exactly the way the AMA hopes, but I doubt it.

Make the youngsters wear leathers, if that keeps butts in the stands, but it seems like singles have always been around during my lifetime (Gold Stars, etc.), and it seems like forcing them out in search of some unclear notion that it will bring more sponsors is delusional.

Agree.

wow...I don't even know what part to comment on at this moment.

Back