• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

It’s $100k, not $50k

".....rider’s main race bike and back up race bike need to be the same make....."

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/update-indian-dirt-tracker-100k-not-50k/

TWO Bikes = $100K

"As per the 2017 DMG dirt track rulebook, a rider’s main race bike and back up race bike need to be the same make of motorcycle.

Ostensibly this means that the real cost of the hot new Indian FT750 dirt track machine is much closer to $100,000 than the $50,000 mentioned yesterday. Because you’d need two of them."

The American Flat Track Championship season starts two weeks from today with the Daytona TT.

This year looks spectacular with the new Indians, new Harleys, Yamaha finally spending some money (not enough), the established Kawi platform and a healthy field of privateer XRs.

The American Flat Track Championship season starts two weeks from today with the Daytona TT.

This year looks spectacular with the new Indians, new Harleys, Yamaha finally spending some money (not enough), the established Kawi platform and a healthy field of privateer XRs.

oh, yeah, brand new & ancient 750 twins jumping on a new course, with multiple tire options -
Daytona's really gonna be something.....

Last edited:
Two more days.

NWFDC1q.gif

Last edited:
Daytona TT schedule times are east coast. Will be watching FansChoice TV

6:30 pm - 6:35 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins Heat 1 / 12 Riders / 6 Laps (1-8 to Semis) (9-12 to LCQ)

6:35 pm - 6:40 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins Heat 2 / 12 Riders / 6 Laps (1-8 to Semis) (9-12 to LCQ)

6:40 pm - 6:45 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins Heat 3 / 12 Riders / 6 Laps (1-8 to Semis) (9-12 to LCQ)

6:45 pm - 6:50 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins Heat 4 / 12 Riders / 6 Laps (1-8 to Semis) (9-12 to LCQ)

6:50 pm - 7:00 pm
Track Prep - Intermission

7:00 pm - 7:05 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles Heat 1 / 12 Riders / 5 Laps (1-8 to Semis) (9-12 to LCQ)

7:05 pm - 7:10 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles Heat 2 / 12 Riders / 5 Laps (1-8 to Semis) (9-12 to LCQ)

7:10 pm - 7:15 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles Heat 3 / 12 Riders / 5 Laps (1-8 to Semis) (9-12 to LCQ)

7:15 pm - 7:20 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles Heat 4 / 12 Riders / 5 Laps (1-8 to Semis) (9-12 to LCQ)

7:20 pm - 7:30 pm

7:30 pm - 7:35 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins LCQ / 18 Riders / 6 Laps (1-4 to Semis)

7:35 pm - 7:40 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles LCQ / 18 Riders / 5 Laps (1-4 to Semis)

7:40 pm - 7:50 pm

7:50 pm - 7:55 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles Semi 1 / 18 Riders / 8 Laps (1-9 to Main)

7:55 pm - 8:00 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles Semi 2 / 18 Riders / 8 Laps (1-9 to Main)

8:00 pm - 8:10 pm

8:10 pm - 8:15 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins Semi 1 / 18 Riders / 10 Laps (1-9 to Main)

8:15 pm - 8:20 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins Semi 2 / 18 Riders / 10 Laps (1-9 to Main)

8:20 pm - 8:30 pm

8:30 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles Main Intro

8:40 pm - 9:00 pm
DAYTONA TT Singles Main Event / 18 Riders / 15 Laps

9:00 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins Main Intro

9:10 pm - 9:45 pm
DAYTONA TT Twins Main Event / 18 Riders / 25 Laps

One more day.

aawt.gif

thx for the pair o'Thursday viewing possibilities

wonder if the pre-heats chatter [60 min on FCTV & 30 mon on IndianTV] will be different......

I'm super on-the-edge-of-my-sofa !

FansChoice TV shows it on their schedule. Going to go back and forth to see who has the best coverage of if the same. Just checked and I-pad links to AppleTV. Will have the ATV feed to the 70" flat screen and check the other feed on the 15" Macbook pro. This should be a great night (afternoon) of racing.

I'm sure there is only one set of cameras and production team. FansChoice is owned by NASCAR and its their house.

Watching Daytona TT practice on FansChoice.TV. Have to admit its kind of fun to see the riders throwing the big twins around like they were dirt bikes. Has a throwback "Superbikers" feel. Wish the jump was bigger. Front straight is looooonnng and fast.

grrrrrr.....

[1] Bubba Blackwell's a great stuntman & a charming person - he sucks on PA

[2] FCTV graphics don't include riders' numbers or makes - jeesh!

What link are you watching? I do not get video on Fans choice now just an update on the qualifying.

What link are you watching? I do not get video on Fans choice now just an update on the qualifying.

well, some time has passed since my post & then yours -

currently, I have Q rankings below a "No Status" FC vid screen,
so I guess we wait for the stands to fill as the pre-race chat begins.....

Coverage good so far. I like the new program will get to see the top guns 3 times.

Track Meh. Looks like they tried to use every inch of the infield they had to work with. This gave the track a tight turn on each end. Should have shortened the straightaway a little and made more of a sweeping turn. I like the twins:teeth

I noted the H-D factory's mechanicals and all those un-surprising broken chains -
quite a bit of carnage, actually, spread across all brands & classes

what's The Bullet's post-crash condition?

I, too, loved watching the Pros wrestle big twins once again -
remember that 2017 machines are 50-100% more powerful
that "Golden Age" Turnips & Beezers, so it's a big deal

Baker was back at the track by the end of the night. He posted on social media from the hospital the he got his bell rung really good and was getting a CT scan. Most of the others lost the front but the replay looked like he had power on low side with the back end coming around.

Singles Main was really fun. As I mentioned earlier, I enjoyed the racing on this track. Makes me excited for the Buffalo Chip TT in August. Not sure what will happen with Peoria.

Back