• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

here are barf's other Kev's comments on the TT:

".....Which brings us to the proposal—discussed but perhaps not yet adopted—to require in a year or two that engines in the Twins class be based only on production models (as are both the Harley-Davidson XG750 and Kawasaki Ninja 650). Urs Wenger, the Polaris/Swissauto engineer behind the FTR V-twin, joked a year ago about putting a starter on the FTR (because it takes away the high drama of starting engines with a Champ-car-style external Burris starter) but that may turn out to be no joke. When reader comments came in on Cycle World’s FTR development stories last year, their common theme was, “What a dynamite light sporty streetbike that thing would make!” And, of course, “tracker-style” is at present a phrase on many lips....."

http://www.cycleworld.com/american-flat-track-inaugural-daytona-tt-kevin-cameron-insights#page-10

Round 2 - Saturday March 25: Atlanta short track.

I believe this about a 3/8 mile banked oval. Heats begin at 3:00pm PDT and Mains approx. 5:30pm PDT. SuperHooligans join the Singles and Twins classes for this event so we get to watch those barges float around.

Live stream on Fanschoice.TV as usual.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in the 'new' H-D racer's reliability & speed -
it just doesn't look like they're ready yet.....

also wondering how many XRs will run the 1/2- & full Mile events this season -
the Kawis are multiplying like rabbits while the Injuns gestate further,
both moving ahead of the venerable pushrod moto's limits

also watching Cardus & any other int'l riders' results,
as they're the future of flat track overseas,
beyond Superprestigio & similar Euro showcase events

Good racing, just a too close, Sammy down after 23 laps. 8 min time out now. 2 lap trophy dash coming up. Indian now 1 2 3 after Halbert out on the XR750.

Just said 5 laps min for restart. Going to be good.

Some good racing on both Mains. Looking forward to seeing the big bikes at Charlotte next week.

much ado about nothing?

".....When it comes to road racing or faster tracks, it’s the sort of racing that many are not comfortable with. When it comes to flat track racing, especially short track racing, how do you judge whether it’s crossed the line or not? To be fair, the pair in question are dubbed: “Slammin’” Sammy Halbert and Jared “the Jammer” Mees. So it doesn’t take an expert of the sport to figure out that something was bound to happen when those two were battling for a win....."

http://www.cycleworld.com/sammy-halbert-and-jared-mees-crash-at-atlanta-american-flat-track

Charlotte Half Mile tomorrow April 1 (Really, no joke). The tracks keep getting rounder as the season progresses. :)

Live streaming on FansChoice.TV

Practice starts at 11:00am PDT

Heats at 3:30pm PDT

Mains at 5:30pm PDT

Last edited:
it's great seeing Fremont's 49 Chad Cose making mains regularly

what's the latest with Brisbane's injured Dom Colindres [66?]

does Salinas' 80 Stevie Bonsey have a ride this season?

when's this season's 1st XR750 race win gonna happen? Whom?

Bonsey has a ride but his comeback has been delayed until mid-season as he is still recovering from his injuries suffered at the Springfield Mile last year.

when's this season's 1st XR750 race win gonna happen? Whom?

Interesting question. The Indians look pretty remarkable.

It would seem likely that the best opportunities for XR750 wins will be on half miles - like today's. So maybe today is the day. As for who might be riding that XR750, my first choice to win on a half mile is Kenny Coolbeth
(belated happy 40th, Kenny!), followed by either Sammy Halbert (assuming he's on an XR today), or Brandon Robinson.

Interesting question. The Indians look pretty remarkable.

It would seem likely that the best opportunities for XR750 wins will be on half miles - like today's. So maybe today is the day. As for who might be riding that XR750, my first choice to win on a half mile is Kenny Coolbeth
(belated happy 40th, Kenny!), followed by either Sammy Halbert (assuming he's on an XR today), or Brandon Robinson.

well, then it'll have to be Sammy, as the other 2 are Factory H-D & thus wedded to the 'G'.....

with all the Kawi-motored bikes about, I really am curious about who will win on an XR750

well, then it'll have to be Sammy, as the other 2 are Factory H-D & thus wedded to the 'G'.....

with all the Kawi-motored bikes about, I really am curious about who will win on an XR750

Oh, my mistake. I had not realized they were being compelled to run the G.

Oh, my mistake. I had not realized they were being compelled to run the G.

yeah, it's truly been The Changing of The Guard with official H-D team's iron

so - before the flood of Kawis engulfs the XRs forever,
who will be the 1st winning XR rider? at which track?

DogBoy's already partially responded - thx

Got home from grand parent duties in time to watch the first heat. Good race, Indians look strong.

I can see some justification for this... nothing would make flat track really take off more than a good Indian vs. Harley factory rivalry but it'd be tough for those manufacturers to justify racing a Honda or a KTM or whatever single on the small tracks or the TTs.

Visionary post from August of 2015. ^^^

Please NOTE: Changing this thread to INCLUDE race result spoilers. The No Spoiler rule has been suspended for now.

With the new teams and bikes in the top class this year, there is a lot to discuss about the American Flat Track series. I'm guessing the NO SPOILER rule could be inhibiting some of that discussion. How would we discuss the progress of the new Indian FT750 or the HD XG750R without mentioning results? Its just a guess on my part so if you feel otherwise, please say so.

For new readers: All the races are streamed live on FanChoice.TV and on the American Flat Track Facebook page. (I haven't tried watching through Facebook yet but I've been told the quality of the stream can be better than FansChoice.tv.) AFT and most of the top riders are active on all social media platforms so its easier than ever to find information about the national championship.

We also discuss local Flat Track such as CFTA, AMA District 36 events, Lodi Cycle Club, the San Jose Indoor and anything else related to FT.

Please NOTE: Changing this thread to INCLUDE race result spoilers. The No Spoiler rule has been suspended for now.

Thank you, hard to talk about the race without a spoiler. :thumbup

Back